Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 871411 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #480 on: August 09, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
im sure the announcement isnt faraway. :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #481 on: August 09, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »

2013 or 2014?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »

Announce the glamour re-signings and then do the dirty work of telling those no longer required.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2010, 01:13:24 AM »
Announce the glamour re-signings and then do the dirty work of telling those no longer required.
We don't have to announce the delistings until Oct 31. While those on the chop would know their time is up you wouldn't announce it publicly before trade week.

I've heard it'll be till 2014. A further 3 years on top of his existing 2-year contract. No idea of dollars though except you'd expect it to be far far more than the standard draftee contract he's on now. It wouldn't surprise me if we forward load the new deal with the salary cap room we have so we can keep this young group together long-term.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2010, 01:05:17 PM »
Gary March said there'd be good news in a couple of weeks regarding re-signings. Mark Robinson said Martin's re-signing will be announced this week (Robbo writing an article about it).

:thumbsup

FNM

« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2010, 01:41:29 PM »
 :pray :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Mark Robinson believes Dusty will be $350k-400k.

I only heard it in the background but Craig Cameron said something about 5 year contracts isn't something we'd look at.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »
Mark Robinson believes Dusty will be $350k-400k.

I only heard it in the background but Craig Cameron said something about 5 year contracts isn't something we'd look at.

6 year contract

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #488 on: August 22, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »
Richmond bullish about retaining Martin
Jon Pierik
August 22, 2010

Tiger Dustin Martin is set to remain in the yellow and black. Photo: Sebastian Costanzo

BOOM Richmond youngster Dustin Martin is poised to ignore interstate overtures and sign a contract extension with the Tigers.

The Tigers began negotiations with player manager Ricky Nixon earlier this year after Martin, having impressed in his opening six matches, emerged as a target of the Gold Coast Suns and Greater Western Sydney.

Martin, the No. 3 pick in last year's national draft, is contracted until the end of 2011 on a base salary of $57,300, plus match payments of $2800.

Tigers president Gary March yesterday suggested a new deal could be announced as early as this week.

''There will be some good news in the next couple of weeks about our re-signings,'' he said.

Martin said mid-year he wanted to remain a Tiger. The new deal could reap the 19-year-old more than $300,000 per season.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-bullish-about-retaining-martin-20100821-139y1.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #489 on: August 29, 2010, 01:03:02 AM »
Matty Lloyd's thoughts on Martin.....

I have sung Dustin Martin's praises all year and as the Tigers become a force in coming years, I see Martin having the influence of a Luke Hodge. Martin - ineligible to win the Rising Star - is beautifully skilled, but uncompromising in his attack on the ball and the man, and I can see him making big plays in big games when his team needs someone to stand tall.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-superstars-make-way-for-the-rising-stars-20100828-13wwq.html

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
watched teh NAB rising star but i jumped up in the air when he said money wasent a priority for me and i think i will be a tiger for life  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2010, 11:00:01 PM »
Dusty came second in the best first year player award at tonight's AFLPA's MVP awards night.....

Fremantle’s Michael Barlow was a runaway winner of the Best First Year Player Award, polling 442 votes. Dustin Martin (129) and Tom Scully (49) trailed him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102102/default.aspx

« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2010, 06:23:12 AM »
Dusty came second in the best first year player award at tonight's AFLPA's MVP awards night.....

Fremantle’s Michael Barlow was a runaway winner of the Best First Year Player Award, polling 442 votes. Dustin Martin (129) and Tom Scully (49) trailed him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102102/default.aspx

Good result.

There is less pressure on the young man IMHO not winning this or the Rising Star.

:thumbsup

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »
I would like to see Dustin do some media training in the foreseable future, he is going to need it.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »
I would like to see Dustin do some media training in the foreseable future, he is going to need it.

He could attend with Dane Swan - not exactly God's answer to public speaking after watching him last night!    :)