Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 872524 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #615 on: May 03, 2011, 02:35:46 PM »
I am glad we did not pick John Butcher instead of our Dustin.  ;D

Gun

who are you today Dustin Martins father  ;D

Yep, glad my boy can play, your boy can't ;).. and is stuck in the SANFL lol

well you assume other peoples identity to boost your ego onto others on this forum so it dont surprise me one bit

Butcher will get his chance when it comes, not that l really care cause  ;D he dont play for Richmond,  but his form is ok from what l'm told

The circus of Tigermonk lives on. :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday

Just waiting for you to admit your wrong. After slagging off the club for drafting Martin ahead of Butcher, an honorable bloke would admit he's been a muppet and accept he is wrong.

BTW glad we kept Jack Riewoldt?  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

FYI "It doesn't surprise me one but" not "It don't surprise me one bit".
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #616 on: May 03, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »

Just waiting for you to admit your wrong. After slagging off the club for drafting Martin ahead of Butcher, an honorable bloke would admit he's been a muppet and accept he is wrong.

BTW glad we kept Jack Riewoldt?  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Popelord there is something majorly wrong with your mentality, l know your young but grow a brain.
you need to rethink l said we needed a forward not another midfielder. Your the one who put the names in. You never mentioned anything about Martin prior to the media releasing his name as protential top draft pick so please dont keep raving on about him as if your some effing bigtime football person cause you already been exposed on this Forum & others for being a LIAR  ;D Comparing 2 different types of players shows just how unstable you are.
You live fulltime on the forum cause unfortunately for you this is all you got LMAO what a life no future. Lucky you dont have kids  ;D the mental stress you put them through. Give it up you gobbler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #617 on: May 03, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
Enough with the personal insults ppl and get back to the topic!  ::)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: May 03, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »

BTW glad we kept Jack Riewoldt?  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Popelord there is something majorly wrong with your mentality, l know your young but grow a brain.
you need to rethink l said we needed a forward not another midfielder. Your the one who put the names in. You never mentioned anything about Martin prior to the media releasing his name as protential top draft pick so please dont keep raving on about him as if your some effing bigtime football person cause you already been exposed on this Forum & others for being a LIAR  ;D Comparing 2 different types of players shows just how unstable you are.
You live fulltime on the forum cause unfortunately for you this is all you got LMAO what a life no future. Lucky you dont have kids  ;D the mental stress you put them through. Give it up you gobbler

To say that and follow it with tripe is schoolyard behaviour at best.  ::)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #619 on: May 03, 2011, 07:37:55 PM »
Im not saying anything about anyone but what is a gobbler?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #620 on: May 03, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »
Hilarious

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #621 on: May 03, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »

A Turkey......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:14 PM »

isnt it short for that place, Gobblers Knob?

10 FLAGS

« Reply #623 on: May 03, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
The things you learn on google these days is amazing  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »
Dustin Martin labelled best second-year AFL player: Richmond coach Damien Hardwick

Jon Ralph
    May 03, 2011

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has labelled Dustin Martin the best second-year player he has seen.

Martin has taken the competition by storm, his latest dominant performance a 35-possession game against the Brisbane Lions.

Hardwick has been at four clubs - Essendon, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Richmond - since being recruited in 1994, but cannot find an equal to the man from Castlemaine.

"(With) Dustin Martin, it's hard to know where to start," he said.

"I don't think I have seen a more significant impact for a second-year player in my time in AFL.

"He has had a terrific season and built on his performance last year, but the great thing we have seen this year, which he didn't have last year, was the ability to push forward.

"We can probably thank the sub rule for that one, so thanks Adrian Anderson and Andrew (Demetriou)."

In Hardwick's time he has played with or coached stars such as Lance Franklin, Cyril Rioli, James Hird, Matthew Lloyd, Gavin Wanganeen and Shaun Burgoyne.

He says Martin's transition into a more complete player has come from going to school on his opponents.

The 19-year-old has been going to games to study the running patterns of elite midfielders.

"His ability to win one-on-one contests is as good as I have seen. We feel he has an enormous future, and hopefully he can continue on in his good form," Hardwick said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/dustin-martin-labelled-best-second-year-afl-player-richmond-coach-damien-hardwick/story-e6frepf6-1226049403490

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »
Dustin Martin labelled best second-year AFL player: Richmond coach Damien Hardwick

Jon Ralph
    May 03, 2011

He says Martin's transition into a more complete player has come from going to school on his opponents.

The 19-year-old has been going to games to study the running patterns of elite midfielders.

This is the interesting element for me from the article. I wonder if all our young midfielders are following a similar education. I also wonder if Dusty is doing this more to improve his defence against his immediate opponents, his overall defensive game or how to best defeat the oppositions defence? Learning where to run and get the ball from models such as Judd, Sawn and Ablett can't be a bad thing.

His game reminds me somewhat of the three players I mentioned - all strong through the hips, hard to stop.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #626 on: May 04, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
Most likely garbage as it hasn't be reported in the media anywhere but BF claiming Dusty may have hurt his ankle....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=441fc4f8e5baa43eedb13f9329315683&t=821642

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #627 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
Most likely garbage as it hasn't be reported in the media anywhere but BF claiming Dusty may have hurt his ankle....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=441fc4f8e5baa43eedb13f9329315683&t=821642

Probably an angry Demons fan sick of hearing about their draft mistakes starting a rumour.  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #628 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

I hope it just someone trying to stir the pot  :pray

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #629 on: May 04, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
Would have been on the news whether on radio or television especially in the form he is in. I have no doubt its just another baseless rumour from BF.