Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 849850 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #645 on: May 05, 2011, 11:55:15 PM »
I don't want a be a kill-joy here but all the external hype Dusty is getting lately is making me nervious. Any hype we've had recently such as the when Cuz arrived has blown up in our faces. I pray this time it doesn't because I love to watch this kid play!!

Apples and oranges there Stripes.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #646 on: May 08, 2011, 04:30:28 PM »
Dusty is on the Bigpond Sports Weekend show from the AFL website
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/352482/bigpond-sports-weekend/

He doesn't say anything too much outside his media training but he speaks fairly well

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #647 on: May 08, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »
Edit: Sorry Infamy didn't see you had posted the Bigpond video already  :cheers
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:47:18 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #648 on: May 08, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »

Dustin Martin as a 16-year-old playing for Castlemaine.

Geez that's nasty seeing Dusty in Collingwood colors. Kid cracks me up tho. He's just always got that ' don't argue ' look on his melon  :thumbsup

Makes me want to vomit looking at him in collingwood colours like that :chuck :chuck :chuck
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #649 on: May 09, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »
Dusty is on the Bigpond Sports Weekend show from the AFL website
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/352482/bigpond-sports-weekend/

He doesn't say anything too much outside his media training but he speaks fairly well

" Yeh in the last qtr we just took 'em apart " - Dusty...  hahaa ! He's just a country boy kickin a.rse !
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »
Martin models game on Magpies Swan

By Kim Hagdorn
SportsNewsFirst
13 May 2011 03:54PM EST

BUDDING Richmond star Dustin Martin has taken to modelling his game on Collingwood sensation Dane Swan.

Former Tigers on-ball ace Wayne Campbell has revealed that Martin has gone to Magpies games just to analyse how Swan wins his possessions as well as what the champion play-maker does when not running on the ball.

Campbell played 297 Tigers games and is now midfield coach of an on-ball battery of Martin, another young gun Trent Cotchin and established followers Nathan Foley, Brett Deledio and Daniel Jackson.

Ahead of Richmond’s crucial clash with a stumbling Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, Campbell disclosed that Martin had carefully monitored Swan to avoid heavy tagging as well as reading the play when not in possession.

Martin is likely to be closely watched by Dogs minder Liam Picken.

Martin, 19 and into his second AFL season, had been in near All-Australian selection form in the opening six weeks of the 2011 season before he was heavily tagged in last week’s stirring eight-goal win over Fremantle at the MCG.

Martin was held to just 11 possessions for the day by close-checking Dockers hard nut Matthew de Boer.

The classy young Tiger did not touch the ball at all in the first quarter.

But while Martin was held to virtually no impact in the match, the Tigers midfield went on a rampage after half-time and especially late in the match when they slammed on nine of the last 10 goals to win by 49 points.

Campbell confirmed that Martin has closely studied Swan, who was voted the AFL’s  Most Valuable Player last year and is being roundly touted to win this season’s coveted Brownlow Medal.

“He watches all the elite players in the competition and Dane has been that for the last two or three years,” Campbell said.

“He watches him and he watches a lot of the good midfielders.

“He’s a young guy that wants to learn and wants to get better and that’s a terrific attribute to have and he’s getting some of the rewards for it out on the field.”

Campbell anticipates Martin to emerge a more astute player from his first serious tagging lesson.

“He got tagged for the first time, a real tag last week,” Campbell said.

“He got tagged little bits and pieces last year, but that was the first real one with de Boer running with him and he will have learnt a lot about that.

“I suppose that is the key thing to having multiple players running through your midfield with Cotchin and Foley and these sort of guys and Jacko (Jackson) as well, that they can only tag one of them.

“Hopefully, that allows that player to work on what he is doing and allows the other guys to get some footy.”

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/05/13/martin-models-game-on-magpies-swan/

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #651 on: May 14, 2011, 06:05:17 AM »
No idea what that has to do with Dusty but I like it. ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #652 on: May 14, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »
Butcher playing now in foxtel cup for port 2s

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #653 on: May 14, 2011, 06:09:32 PM »
Butcher playing now in foxtel cup for port 2s

poo house kick of the footy.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #654 on: May 14, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
DUSTIN MARTIN does not flush the toilet
he scares the poo out of it

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #655 on: May 14, 2011, 10:16:55 PM »
Martin models game on Magpies Swan

By Kim Hagdorn
SportsNewsFirst
13 May 2011 03:54PM EST
n/

I heard that interview and Cambo did say that him and Dusty have gone to games together and studied Swan. Cambo then said...when I can get him to pay attention for more than 5 minutes  :lol
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #656 on: May 14, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
No idea what that has to do with Dusty but I like it. ;D
Cambo in his interview was saying Dusty still needed to learn how to beat a tag after last week being held to 11 possies. Swan may get 36 possies when not tagged yet he still gets 30 when tagged so it becomes pointless to tag him and as coach you're better off putting a heavy tag on someone else who you can completely shutdown. The coaching staff believes in time Dusty can become that type of player where the opposition coaches tagging him becomes pointless. So we've got Dusty watching what Swan does and where he runs and stands at stoppages and around the ground.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #657 on: May 15, 2011, 09:47:57 AM »
I wonder how Swan does it? Is it will assistance with teammates ie Ablett, runs the taggers ragged ie Cousins or some other strtaegy. Hope Dusty does conentrate and pick up some extra strategies. I jope he learns how to break a tag better than Lids did.  :-X If he is tagged today I wouldn't expect manner more possessions than last week.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #658 on: June 18, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »
Best first 2years in the AFL since Judd
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
Guys, I think we might be witnessing something special here.

I dont say this lightly, but with his talent, I actually think he could be one of the best players to ever play the game.