Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 918752 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5190 on: April 28, 2021, 03:58:26 PM »
Tigers coach Damien Hardwick said the club had weighed up the risks associated with Martin travelling to New Zealand during the COVID-19 pandemic, but had concluded that allowing the Brownlow medallist to share time with his dad would be worth the potential fall-out.

"It's a no-brainer for us," Hardwick told reporters.

"He'll head back to see his dad. He hasn't seen him for a long period of time.

"It's a little bit like everyone else; he's travelling back to see his dad, who just happens to be overseas.

"I know it's a little bit challenging with these COVID times, but we'll always support our player who wants to see his family."

The trans-Tasman bubble allows residents of Australia and New Zealand to travel between the countries without having to quarantine.

But it could be shut down if there's an outbreak of the coronavirus in either country.

"All the contingencies have been worked through but there is a very, very small probability that it happens," Hardwick said.

"At the end of the day, you can live your life in fear or you can choose to live. We choose to live."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-richmond-tigers-dustin-martin-dad-new-zealand-covid-19/c6f4b8b4-ca1e-4fd6-87e7-e9dde3b2c5c9

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5192 on: April 28, 2021, 08:00:52 PM »
The AFL has delivered a warning to its 18 clubs: Risk player travel at your peril.

From now on, if players return home for a holiday to see friends and family and that region becomes a Covid-19 hotspot, the league will not help them with exemptions to play upon their return.

In the weekly phone hook-up with football bosses on Tuesday, the league made their new policy crystal clear. The AFL said there had been a disruption at least one per month since November and twice in April.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-covid19-afl-league-hq-tom-morris-dustin-martin-interstate-overseas-trips-exemptions/news-story/49179a7c8d02e0c0b26b5fbe11069a36

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5193 on: April 28, 2021, 09:45:09 PM »
Of course they change the rules when the Richmond champ leaves! How predictable

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5194 on: April 28, 2021, 11:44:22 PM »
Of course they change the rules when the Richmond champ leaves! How predictable

How have they changed the rules?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5195 on: April 29, 2021, 02:14:30 PM »
Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes said on Nine's Footy Classified that his only issue with Martin visiting New Zealand was that, in his eyes, it wasn't "a good look" that he travelled overseas instead of resting his head.

But Ross Lyon found that school of thought ludicrous.

"He's not flying economy, mate. He's flying first class. I'd row him there. He hasn't seen his dad for a long time. He could go to the moon," Lyon said.

"You know what? He's given, you trust him, that trust is earnt, he deserves it. He'll come back ready to play."

Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire agreed with Lyon, indicating that mental health must be prioritised.

"He'll come back owing and feeling like he wants to be freed up, rather than sitting there literally like a tiger with a sore head, worrying about his dad and talking on the phone," McGuire said.

"And it shows the maturity that we need to get into our game."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-richmond-tigers-dustin-martin-new-zealand-dad-ross-lyon/877a0019-9bbb-4665-99ef-0b30fdc5c3f1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5198 on: May 02, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »
Slow news day.

DUSTY’S $14M REAL ESTATE SHOPPING SPREE

The Tigers star dropped $6 million in one street alone, buying up big in Richmond and surrounds. This is where he invested.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/how-dustin-martin-is-buying-up-richmond/news-story/de33ef11897f8d51f2472d85373eba4e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5199 on: May 03, 2021, 05:46:23 PM »
Dustin Martin has returned from New Zealand but will need to pass concussion protocols before he is selected for Friday night’s grand final rematch against Geelong.

Martin was back at training on Monday completing running drills and also caught up with manager Ralph Carr, having visited his exiled father Shane over an extended weekend.

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin Weighs In On The Syd Vs Melb Debate (Pedestrian.tv)
« Reply #5200 on: May 05, 2021, 07:15:28 PM »
Dustin Martin Weighs In On The Syd Vs Melb Debate And It’s Hard To Argue With An Arm That Stiff

By Josephine Rozenberg-Clarke
Pedestrian.tv
May 5, 2021

Richmond Tigers star / Brownlow winner / 3 x Norm Smith medallist / Bonds ambassador Dustin Martin is obviously one of Melbourne’s most famous residents at the moment, which is why the latest campaign for the Aussie brand is centred around him exploring his ‘hood.

The new Bonds Explorer range, featuring cosy trackies, recycled polar fleece jumpers and of course, undies, has an accompanying ad that takes us through a day in the life of Dusty as he works out, goes grocery shopping and ~smoulders~ in a photo shoot.

“We had an awesome day shooting Bonds Explorer – it was cool hitting up my local spots,” Dusty tells PEDESTRIAN.TV. “Kicking off at St. Kilda Baths for an early morning swim, dropped into my local fruit & veg and barbershop for a tidy up and finished at Port Melbourne Shipyard to shoot the campaign.”

Off camera, Dusty says in terms of his downtime in Melbs, he “is pretty boring these days. I like to keep it simple” which to me means that, like the rest of us, he spends most of his spare moments with his (Bonds) trackies-clad butt parked on the sofa watching a dumb show on Netflix. He does say that if he was tasked with taking a newbie around Melbourne, he’d kick off with the must-do: brekkie.

“Start with finding a nice café for breakfast…we have such a good café culture in Melbourne. A walk around the Tan [Track, at the Kings Domain and Botanic Gardens] at some stage and more coffee. Then hit Flinders Lane for dinner — there’s some great restaurants down there. Give them tickets to watch the mighty Tiges at the ‘G. I’d also try to fit in a trip down to the Bay for a swim and sauna and more food and coffee.” Honestly, it sounds great. Where do I sign up for the Dustin Martin tour of Melbourne please?

As a national publication with plenty of readers in Sydney and Melbourne, we’ve gotta ask where he stands on the long-standing battle over which city is better. After all, during his high school years in the early 2000s he lived in Sydney with his dad, so he’s had a taste of both places. But, we are not shocked to learn Dustin Martin is a diplomat who refuses to pick a side. “I love both, but they are both so different so it’s hard to compare. Obviously, Sydney’s beaches are awesome, and the weather is better. Then Melbourne has awesome cafés and restaurants.” That’s not an answer, Dusty! CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER!

Aside from hanging around Melbourne in his undies, Dustin Martin recently clocked up the impressive 250 AFL games milestone at just 29 years of age and attributes his hardiness to “looking after himself”. In fact, the Richmond Tigers superstar subtly dropped a bit of weight ahead of the 2021 AFL season — 3.5kg, in fact.

“I’ve just become more curious about the food we eat,” Dusty tells PEDESTRIAN.TV. “I’ve cut out some things in my diet which has made me lose a couple of kilos. I don’t think it’s really affected my game too much, maybe just a little easier to run around,” he laughs. “I’m sure later in the season it will help more.”

As someone currently doing a 10-week healthy eating challenge through my gym, I of course quiz Dusty about the magic weight loss fix. It’s all about eating cleaner, according to Dusty. “I’m always researching nutrition and finding little things along the way that help me live a cleaner lifestyle,” he says. But there’s hope for me yet, because he admits he does indulge, too. “That said, I still like to have a day or so where I eat whatever I want! Usually the day after a game, I’ll eat whatever… It’s good to have a balance!”

Okay, so I don’t run around a footy field for hours but Dustin Martin said I can have a cheat day, so I’m having the bloody cheat day. Thanks, Dusty.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/sport/dustin-martin-bonds-melbourne/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5201 on: May 09, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »
AFL superstar Dustin Martin adds an exciting new business adventure to his rapidly growing empire outside of footy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9558255/Dustin-Martin-adds-new-business-venture-rapidly-growing-empire-outside-footy.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5202 on: May 10, 2021, 02:36:33 PM »
After the Dees were able to tame Dusty, Chris Scott and Tom Stewart followed suit.

Is there now a blueprint for stopping Tiger superstar Dustin Martin?

Access All Areas with Lloyd & Barrett: https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1391603905881018370

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5203 on: May 16, 2021, 06:46:07 AM »
DUSTY DOES IT AGAIN

With a plethora of best 22 players missing, all eyes went to three-time premiership star Dustin Martin.

And the AFL superstar didn’t fail to deliver with the gun onballer leading the Tigers to victory.

In a match that could earn him three Brownlow votes, it was his ability to hit the scoreboard and threaten the GWS defenders with any chance he could moving forward.

Martin ended with four goals from 28 disposals, collecting 15 contested possessions, six inside 50s and five clearances throughout the match.

When the Tigers went down by 28-points during the third term, Damien Hardwick knew something special would have to happen for his club to grab the four points.

But as he does so often, Martin put the Tigers players on his back and led the troops to victory.

“It has been an up and down year, I’m just proud of the boys and we just stuck to what we knew,” Martin told Fox Footy post-game.

“We’ve got so much belief. We’ve got a lot of heart and we showed that tonight. I’m so proud with how the boys went about it.

“Bakes (Liam Baker) is a champion, Dawks (Riley Collier-Dawkins) gets a good look at it. I’m so proud.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/live-afl-2021-richmond-tigers-vs-gws-giants-round-9-live-scores-updates-video-stream-stats-live-blog/news-story/00b39b2f422c50c251ccb162d90e2ea9

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5204 on: May 16, 2021, 05:43:49 PM »
"We are watching one of the greatest players of all-time, and we should enjoy it while he's still in his prime."

@matthewlloyd18 talks us through Dustin Martin's remarkable performance last night.

Watch: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1393721433595985922