Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1079436 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5835 on: July 29, 2022, 07:28:34 AM »
There’s nothing to say unless he’s leaving Andy

I disagree with this so much
Come out and say he’s a tiger and staying ..

For the club and the fans, I strongly feel he should do this.

It's different to 2017 when he was possibly considering leaving and trying to extract maximum value etc.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5836 on: July 29, 2022, 07:44:28 AM »
Don’t react to the media’s agenda…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #5837 on: July 29, 2022, 09:41:56 AM »
Sounds great WP, but it’s Dusty and he plays by a different tune to most other players.

I’m not asking about if he should of been at the game, does anyone know for certain he was actually at the game?

I’m asking because I want to actually know.

Sorry but why would you say "he plays by a different rule to most other players"? Because he doesn't do media? What else exactly?

When it comes to team, Dusty is one of the most team first people we have but somehow you are suggesting otherwise

And why do you "actually want to know" whether he was at the game? You seem to be looking (wanting) for there to be some huge conspiracy around it

He has a hamstring, due to a lack of pre-season and missing 6 weeks of footy to grieve he tweaked it again. Not sure why you seem to think and want it to be more than that
I don’t think or know that’s why I’m asking and when I get a definitive answer to my question then I can make my own mind up on how I feel about the information I receive.

We can make assumptions either way but there’s wisdom in knowing and when you have all the facts you can then make informed hypothesis
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5838 on: July 29, 2022, 10:34:55 AM »
Be nice if Dusty would come out and say it or at least Ralph

Be nice yes for us real fans only, BUT I personally love what he is doing to those scum bags.

Those pieces of poo are crawling around looking for scraps and its fantastic to see.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5839 on: July 29, 2022, 02:39:30 PM »
Can any point me to where Dusty or Ralph said he wanted to leave
Stupid Dima crapped on about going with our blessing but why all the carry on just because he likes holidays in Sydney ,

Broadsword

« Reply #5840 on: July 29, 2022, 02:45:03 PM »
I think Dimma was trying to take the air out of the story's tyres and relieve the pressure on Dusty by saying "hey, if he did leave he's a Richmond champion and we just want him to he healthy and happy," but he inadvertently added fuel to the flames by saying that instead. Miscalculation/poor word choice.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5841 on: August 01, 2022, 03:29:05 AM »
Going by what Dimma said in his presser last night, Dusty is unlikely to be back before finals (if we make it).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5842 on: August 01, 2022, 05:52:54 PM »

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5843 on: August 01, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
What's going with his hammy the way it's been handled laughable Burge has been a shocker lasg 2 seasons.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5844 on: August 02, 2022, 04:10:45 PM »
Superstar Dustin Martin could remain up to another fortnight away.

Speaking on RSN, Neil Balme said the Tigers are hoping the 31-year-old will be available in the coming weeks.

"We're not taking any risks with Dusty, he's probably going to miss another one or two (weeks)," Balme said.

"So we just make sure we get enough work into him, so that if we do have the opportunity to really challenge, we've got to make sure we don't lose him to a tertiary hamstring.

"So we're being a little bit careful with him."

https://www.zerohanger.com/tigers-provide-update-on-dustin-martins-recovery-as-fears-co-captain-dylan-grimes-season-could-be-over-124763/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5845 on: August 02, 2022, 04:58:14 PM »
Latest update from Peter Burge:

Dustin Martin, hamstring

"Dustin is progressing through a rehab phase still. We're in a bit of a holding pattern with this one, he's getting plenty of running volume into himself, but we're still finding it a little challenging to progress his speed. Given the location of the injury, it means we have to build some more strength work in the gym and build his running base out here on the field. So, we're not progressing his speed significantly this week. In terms of return to play, it's still very unclear. We're hopeful (Round 23) is a possibility, but as time rolls on, if we're not able to progress significantly in the next week or so, that starts to become a little less clear. We're doing everything we can and Dustin's working really hard, but we're working with an injury that can be quite tricky and one that has challenged us quite a bit this year with some players. But, we're looking at everything we're doing and everything that we can do and we'll push forward."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1187242/pilot-medical-update-round-21-2022

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5846 on: August 02, 2022, 07:52:30 PM »
How 7news tonight report it.

There's developing news at Richmond, with revelations Dustin Martin's season could be over. The Tigers say they're in a holding pattern. @NatYoannidis #7AFL #7NEWS

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1554389967908257793

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5847 on: August 02, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »
Jack on AFL360 just said he's absolutely confident Dusty will be at Punt Rd next year.

Robbo asked Jack if there's any truth to all the speculation about Dusty being "distant" from the group, etc this year compared to previous years and Jack immediately replied "No!". Jack checks in every day with Dusty. While being in rehab can be lonely and distant, Dusty's mindset right now is to get back to playing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5848 on: August 02, 2022, 10:06:57 PM »
Robbo: Are you absolutely confident that he’ll be at the Tigers next year Jack?

Riewoldt: Yes.

Jack couldn't have been more forthright about Dustin Martin's future on #AFL360

WATCH: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1554421340350091264

------------------------------

RIEWOLDT STANDS FIRM ON DUSTY’S FUTURE

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt is categorically of the view teammate Dustin Martin will be at the club in 2023.

Martin is contracted to the Tigers until the end of 2024, but reports this year have linked the three-time Norm Smith Medallist with a potential move to a Sydney-based club.

Appearing on AFL 360, Riewoldt was asked by co-host Mark Robinson about Martin:

FULL EXCHANGE

Mark Robinson: Too much is being said at the moment that Dusty is a bit distant from the club and he’s not the same person in recent weeks that he has been in previous years. Is there any worth to that comment?

Jack Riewoldt: No.

MR: Have you spoken to him ....

JR: Yes. Every day. I chat to him every day.

MR: About his future?

JR: No, you just check in and make sure he’s going alright. He’s in rehab at the moment, so that can be a bit distant and lonely anyway.

MR: What’s his mindset like?

JR: His mindset is he’s trying to get himself fit for a push at the backend of the year.

MR: Are you absolutely confident that he’ll be at the Tigers next year Jack?

JR: Yes.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-luke-jackson-future-at-melbourne-demons-fremantle-dockers-dan-mcstay-brisbane-lions-collingwood-magpies-jordan-de-goey-st-kilda-saints/news-story/c5eaa4e477277bb04fa8ee0e49b32275

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5849 on: August 05, 2022, 03:02:15 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column:

IF ...
Dusty won't be seen again this home and away season because of a hamstring ...

THEN ...
it's now possible he won't be seen again in Tigers colours. Making finals will give him a chance to play again in 2022. But what happens after that, only Dusty knows.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/812359/sliding-doors-if-kochie-has-been-unusually-publicly-quiet-about-the-power-then