Author Topic: Best 22?  (Read 4029 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Best 22?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
Selwood, as tough as nails as he is, had Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling, Enright, Chapman and co. around him in his first year. Throwing Martin in his debut year full time into our midfield which offers little protection to each other in terms of blocking and shepherding is what concerned me and why I have him initially on a HFF with spurts in the midfield.=

“He’s just a powerful, powerful kid; I used to do one-on-ones with him as a 16-year-old and he would just push me off the ball.

“I thought he could have played senior AFL football this year as a 17-year-old, no doubt.

“I’ve never seen a kid run into a pack of six or seven men and come out backwards with the ball . . . it’s not as though he was running through the pack, he would run in like a bull, grab the footy and run out backwards.

“There’s no doubt he’s the best kid I’ve seen play at that age; he’s just a phenomenal talent.”

Who said this Bents?
His coach at Castlemaine, ex Fitroy, St kilda and Richmond player Jamie Elliot
Jamie Elliot wasn't actually built like a brickhouse when he played for us. He made David Bourke look muscley lol.

But seriously we don't want to wreck the kid's body early on expecting him to be one of our top 3 mids in his first year. He's got a 10-12 year career ahead of him touchwood. We don't want him to end up like Cogs finished by the time he's in his early 20s.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 01:30:33 AM »
McGuane's disposal is greatly blown out of proportion
He had OP in 2007 which obviously affected his kicking, he was much better this year and the stats prove it.
True his kicking efficiency was 73% this year which is slightly above average for a defender. I just feel he has a slightly non-fluid kicking action that can be tested under pressure.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:37 PM »
keeps changing!

:)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
keeps changing!

:)

Rather than trying to make a best XXII it might be a good idea to try ranking / grouping the players

best side 100% (if fit)

Cousins
Deledio
Newman
Tambling
Foley
Jackson
Thursfield
Reiwoldt
Morton
Cotchin
Nahas