Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 505351 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Griffiths to remain a Tiger in 2014 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1095 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
Very good, now get him training in the forward line.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1096 on: September 23, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »
Everyone was bagging Schultz here too!
Short memories.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1097 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
True

Most on here thought Judd and Buddy were crap

but Schulz dominated VFL so wouldn't compare him with Benny

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1098 on: September 23, 2013, 12:56:28 PM »
Short memories.

He was being coached by a bunch of idiots. Most of the players that were left have made improvement even Jackson. l said most. S.Edwards is still a softy  ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1099 on: September 23, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
Short memories.

I still bag him, but mainly to stir up Coach

dwaino

« Reply #1100 on: September 23, 2013, 05:30:13 PM »
Short memories.

Coach gets jealous when you teabag Schulz.  ;D

the claw

« Reply #1101 on: September 23, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
here i was thinking at last the club was going to make a tough decision on a chronic underperformer. before he gets to long service leave  :o.
ah well the more things change the more they stay the same sometimes.

im just wondering is craig cameron still there.

whats wrong with cutting him from the list proper and placing him on the rookie list. thats about where hes at.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1102 on: September 23, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »
He's 21 200cm you mong

You don't think its hypocritical to blow your load over the same age state league players every year and dismiss griff

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1103 on: September 23, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
here i was thinking at last the club was going to make a tough decision on a chronic underperformer. before he gets to long service leave  :o.
ah well the more things change the more they stay the same sometimes.

im just wondering is craig cameron still there.
I think he deserves one more year.  He is only 22, 200cm, clean below his knees and can kick the ball 70m.  He has had personal issues this year and of course the odd concussion.

I think he deserves more time than many on our list.  If only he was Hardwick's lovechild like some at the club.  Give him a month in the seniors in the forward half and say we will play you to see if you are good enough.
People say he is uncompetitive but in his only game this season he led the team in 1%ers which means although he got beaten by Hampson (who had a night out) he did all the other little things and showed desperation.
He possesses more football smarts than Vickery and is definitely a better kick.  All he has to do is stand just off the 50m line and if someone would pass it to him, he would dob it from there.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1104 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »
stuff personal issues, should stop sooking and get a kick

the claw

« Reply #1105 on: September 23, 2013, 09:41:02 PM »
He's 21 200cm you mong
and done not one thing to warrant keeping him not one.
they were looking to get something for him thru trades  for a reason.

i added in my post  why not delist him and then rookie him and free up a spot on the list proper. you may have missed it.
at some stage he has to stop living off the potential tag and actually show some improvement.

it would be great if he was combative and just a little competetive and showed some hunger at coburg but he cant even get a kick.
at 200cm and just 21 id love for him to give a good reason to keep him but hes failed abymally at it.

hanging onto players for inordinate amounts of time who have done little or nothing is one reason why we have wallowed outside of finals for 30 yrs.

the troble is if he has a similar yr next yr there will be people saying exactly what your saying now. you know what you earn your place it shoulkd never be constantly gifted.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1106 on: September 23, 2013, 09:43:56 PM »
He's 21 200cm you mong

i added in my post  why not delist him and then rookie him and free up a spot on the list proper. you may have missed it.
at some stage he has to stop living off the potential tag and actually show some improvement.

it would be great if he was combative and just a little competetive and showed some hunger at coburg but he cant even get a kick.
at 200cm and just 21 id love for him to give a good reason to keep him but hes failed abymally at it.

hanging onto players for inordinate amounts of time who have done little or nothing is one reason why we have wallowed outside of finals for 30 yrs.

the troble is if he has a similar yr next yr there will be people saying exactly what your saying now. you know what you earn your place it shoulkd never be constantly gifted.
Buddy hardly got a kick at Box Hill Hawks.  If you were in charge he would have been delisted from Hawthorn.  Instead he became one of the most sought after players in the game.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1107 on: September 23, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
He's 21 200cm you mong

Saints would have taken him.  ;)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1108 on: September 24, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »
I think its 2014 or bust for griff.  He needs to find some position he is good at, ruck, CHF, CHB wherever.  He is big enough and his highlights reel looks great, marks, %1 but clearly people at the club aren't in love with him for one reason or another.  I'd like to see him Ruck as we are pretty short of ruck backup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1109 on: September 24, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
Short memories.

Everyone? I think not ;D

Short memories.

It doesn't work though. But me and Tony get you every time when we give Rooboy a bake