Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 459367 times)

the claw

Re: Ben Griffiths to remain a Tiger in 2014 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1110 on: September 24, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »
He's 21 200cm you mong
and done not one thing to warrant keeping him not one.
they were looking to get something for him thru trades  for a reason.

i added in my post  why not delist him and then rookie him and free up a spot on the list proper. you may have missed it.
at some stage he has to stop living off the potential tag and actually show some improvement.

it would be great if he was combative and just a little competetive and showed some hunger at coburg but he cant even get a kick.
at 200cm and just 21 id love for him to give a good reason to keep him but hes failed abymally at it.

hanging onto players for inordinate amounts of time who have done little or nothing is one reason why we have wallowed outside of finals for 30 yrs.

the troble is if he has a similar yr next yr there will be people saying exactly what your saying now. you know what you earn your place it shoulkd never be constantly gifted.
Buddy hardly got a kick at Box Hill Hawks.  If you were in charge he would have been delisted from Hawthorn.  Instead he became one of the most sought after players in the game.

lol when did buddy ever spend inordinate amounts of time at box hill. the simple answer was never.
buddys first and worst yr is infinately better than anything griffiths has produced in 4yrs. franklin had  every yr  while developing steadily improved. it is most certainly something you cant say about griffiths so no you are pulling your pud suggesting that id want franklin cut.  you are certainly putting words in my mouth and id appreciate it if you didnt.
 id say having a go at me is nothing more than  deflecting from the topic of griffiths and his performances and non improvement over the last 4 yrs .

get it right and stop having a go at others  just because you dislike the truth, which is.  griffiths has hardly  done a thing in 4 yrs and his place on the list should rightly be questioned because of a total lack of improvement.

i can honestly say  i have rarely ever called for a richmond players head inside of 4 yrs especially talls.  griffiths has had 4yrs why is it so wrong to say hes been terrible and his place on the list should be bought into  question.
 i have never called for griffiths head ever not until now after his 4th yr. the only reason im prepared to call for his head is the total lack of improvement and the shocking performances he cant get a kick in the magoos.
even then ive put some consideration into his age and size and said we should rookie him rather than cut him completely.

if the club actually cut griffiths  or managed to trade him out could anyone justifiably criticise em given the total lack of improvement and the terrible performances.in many ways if they could get something decent for him you would say they are crazy not to take it.
nearly every man and his dog acknowledges we need to improve on our tall players and then whinge when its suggested we do something about it by cutting/trading  a non performer.
id be happy if they cut him id also not be put out if they kept him.

you go on about schulzy. we had schulz for 7 yrs and he struggled. a key forward and the most we ever got out of him was 16 goals in his 4th yr. he was regularly laconic, down right lazy and inconsistent.  he gave a fair  bit more in his first 4 yrs than griffiths has to date though. now that is saying something.

thing is  after 7 yrs with what we got out of schulz who can blame the club for cutting him.
jay needed to be cut it was the only thing that would make him sit up take stock and work hard for his afl life. he said as much himself.
you know the real shame of schulz was we had a chance to get something decent for him and declined.  then two yrs later got as good as nothing for him.

i started calling for schulzys head in 2007 his 5th yr  and there is not one thing you can say that would make me think that call was unjustified then or now given the same circumstances.

i cant believe your whining about us cutting a player who gave us very little for 7 whole yrs apart from the odd cameo. the club really is on a hiding to nothing with some people. if on the rare occasion we do cut underperformers we shouldnt. if we hang onto them we shouldnt. its unbelievable.

i know one thing for sure, hanging onto unskilled  or underperforming players for inordinate amounts of time has killed this club for 30 yrs. id rather see us regularly turn over players and risk losing the odd decent one than do what we have done for 30 yrs.

you know 
 i  have rarely called for one of our players heads inside of 4 yrs for sure i have been critical highly critical at times. theres a difference.
i have rarely called for players under 22 to be cut especially talls.and most certainly not players with good attributes to play afl.
i have /never  called for a  young players  head who has shown steady improvement with good skills and good pyhsical attribures.
i have rarely called for players heads who have good skills and good physical attributes to play afl inside of 4 yrs. ben griffiths is one. after 4yrs do you really need to ask why.at what stage do you expect young players to show improvement any improvement.

... accusing me of  calling for player heads too quickly. i have some pretty decent criteria and it has served me well..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:39:24 PM by one-eyed »

Gigantor

« Reply #1111 on: September 24, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
how has it served you well?..do tell

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1112 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »
Claw, if you called for him to be cut in 07 when he was 22 you would have looked quite silly in 2008 when Schulz had a very decent season in the backline. Then the club looked quite silly in 2009 when they left him out in favour of duds. Then all who bagged him have looked like absolute muppets since he went to Port. He's a stand up guy so takes all the blame. He should take some but he also got treated like garbage for a long time. Probably one of the most poorly coached players in history

The kid was never lazy. You've made that call and I doubt you saw him play live. Richo even defended his work rate at Richmond when he was commentating a Port game during finals

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1113 on: September 24, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »
He's 21 200cm you mong
and done not one thing to warrant keeping him not one.
they were looking to get something for him thru trades  for a reason.

i added in my post  why not delist him and then rookie him and free up a spot on the list proper. you may have missed it.
at some stage he has to stop living off the potential tag and actually show some improvement.

it would be great if he was combative and just a little competetive and showed some hunger at coburg but he cant even get a kick.
at 200cm and just 21 id love for him to give a good reason to keep him but hes failed abymally at it.

hanging onto players for inordinate amounts of time who have done little or nothing is one reason why we have wallowed outside of finals for 30 yrs.

the troble is if he has a similar yr next yr there will be people saying exactly what your saying now. you know what you earn your place it shoulkd never be constantly gifted.
Buddy hardly got a kick at Box Hill Hawks.  If you were in charge he would have been delisted from Hawthorn.  Instead he became one of the most sought after players in the game.

lol when did buddy ever spend inordinate amounts of time at box hill. the simple answer was never.
buddys first and worst yr is infinately better than anything griffiths has produced in 4yrs. franklin had  every yr  while developing steadily improved. it is most certainly something you cant say about griffiths so no you are pulling your pud suggesting that id want franklin cut.  you are certainly putting words in my mouth and id appreciate it if you didnt.
 id say having a go at me is nothing more than  deflecting from the topic of griffiths and his performances and non improvement over the last 4 yrs .

get it right and stop having a go at others  just because you dislike the truth, which is.  griffiths has hardly  done a thing in 4 yrs and his place on the list should rightly be questioned because of a total lack of improvement.

i can honestly say  i have rarely ever called for a richmond players head inside of 4 yrs especially talls.  griffiths has had 4yrs why is it so wrong to say hes been terrible and his place on the list should be bought into  question.
 i have never called for griffiths head ever not until now after his 4th yr. the only reason im prepared to call for his head is the total lack of improvement and the shocking performances he cant get a kick in the magoos.
even then ive put some consideration into his age and size and said we should rookie him rather than cut him completely.

if the club actually cut griffiths  or managed to trade him out could anyone justifiably criticise em given the total lack of improvement and the terrible performances.in many ways if they could get something decent for him you would say they are crazy not to take it.
nearly every man and his dog acknowledges we need to improve on our tall players and then whinge when its suggested we do something about it by cutting/trading  a non performer.
id be happy if they cut him id also not be put out if they kept him.

you go on about schulzy. we had schulz for 7 yrs and he struggled. a key forward and the most we ever got out of him was 16 goals in his 4th yr. he was regularly laconic, down right lazy and inconsistent.  he gave a fair  bit more in his first 4 yrs than griffiths has to date though. now that is saying something.

thing is  after 7 yrs with what we got out of schulz who can blame the club for cutting him.
jay needed to be cut it was the only thing that would make him sit up take stock and work hard for his afl life. he said as much himself.
you know the real shame of schulz was we had a chance to get something decent for him and declined.  then two yrs later got as good as nothing for him.

i started calling for schulzys head in 2007 his 5th yr  and there is not one thing you can say that would make me think that call was unjustified then or now given the same circumstances.

i cant believe your whining about us cutting a player who gave us very little for 7 whole yrs apart from the odd cameo. the club really is on a hiding to nothing with some people. if on the rare occasion we do cut underperformers we shouldnt. if we hang onto them we shouldnt. its unbelievable.

i know one thing for sure, hanging onto unskilled  or underperforming players for inordinate amounts of time has killed this club for 30 yrs. id rather see us regularly turn over players and risk losing the odd decent one than do what we have done for 30 yrs.

you know 
 i  have rarely called for one of our players heads inside of 4 yrs for sure i have been critical highly critical at times. theres a difference.
i have rarely called for players under 22 to be cut especially talls.and most certainly not players with good attributes to play afl.
i have /never  called for a  young players  head who has shown steady improvement with good skills and good pyhsical attribures.
i have rarely called for players heads who have good skills and good physical attributes to play afl inside of 4 yrs. ben griffiths is one. after 4yrs do you really need to ask why.at what stage do you expect young players to show improvement any improvement.

... accusing me of  calling for player heads too quickly. i have some pretty decent criteria and it has served me well..
You're just a rude man who has an over inflated opinion of yourself! Shame on you!

Edit: text inside quotes edited
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:40:24 PM by one-eyed »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1114 on: September 24, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »
 :lol

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #1115 on: September 24, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
*sigh* The more things stay the same the more they stay the same.

Offline tigertim

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1116 on: September 26, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
I think RFC tried to gauge any trade interest in BG and when there wasn't any decided to keep him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1117 on: September 26, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »
I think RFC tried to gauge any trade interest in BG and when there wasn't any decided to keep him.

Around these parts if you have an opinion you don't say "i think" you say "my mail is". Please fix this in the future

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1118 on: September 26, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »

My mail is that's funny.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1119 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »

My mail is that's funny.

Mail is I laughed at your post

Offline tigertim

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1120 on: September 26, 2013, 11:14:11 AM »

Around these parts if you have an opinion you don't say "i think" you say "my mail is". Please fix this in the future
Thanks for the heads up. How about "my spies tell me....."

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1121 on: September 26, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »

Hey, hey, hey, don't be coming on here changing the way we do business.  Some of the folks on here are very set in their ways and to introduce new terminology or processes would be tantamount to cruelty.  You need to relax, do your time, watch how the older heads go about their business and then in about 10 years you MIGHT think about MAYBE suggesting just the most subtle of incremental change.  At that point it might take the mods another year or 3 to consider and approve the change but you get the picture.

;D

Offline tigertim

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1122 on: September 28, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »

Hey, hey, hey, don't be coming on here changing the way we do business.  Some of the folks on here are very set in their ways and to introduce new terminology or processes would be tantamount to cruelty.  You need to relax, do your time, watch how the older heads go about their business and then in about 10 years you MIGHT think about MAYBE suggesting just the most subtle of incremental change.  At that point it might take the mods another year or 3 to consider and approve the change but you get the picture.

;D
Ok, my mail is you're right. Thanks.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1123 on: September 28, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
 :thumbsup

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1124 on: September 28, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
I'm glad Griffo has been given another chance but I don't see what role he can take in the team? He is really just a back up in case someone gets injured, right?