Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 459236 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1680 on: May 31, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »
Very poor tonight and a step back to previous seasons. Having said that I was surprised he wasn't given a lengthy run in the ruck to at least get him in the play but Hampson had that 2nd ruck role tonight with Maric back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1681 on: May 31, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
Very poor tonight and a step back to previous seasons. Having said that I was surprised he wasn't given a lengthy run in the ruck to at least get him in the play but Hampson had that 2nd ruck role tonight with Maric back.

Griffiths best footy is a 2nd ruck option in my opinion.
Go Tigers!

the claw

« Reply #1682 on: May 31, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »
Griffiths is no worse than Chaplin or hampson

Try and argue to me he is
reckon thats the problem judge.
jvickery was again poor jriewoldt hardly touched it griffiths imo was better than vickery even though he didnt get as much ball  but its not that  chaplin continues to make simple errors rance while having a dip as usual makes too many errors of judgment hampson isnt doing a thing around the ground but he continues to ruck well. we got belted in stoppages when we subbed him out.
our talls as a collective are the problem its not just one its a collective.  go compare the work rate to pederson and dawes. they dont have huge numbers but they worked their butts off and competed and gave contests all day.
the troubling thing is there are very few options for us to change things this is why i have been going on about list managment so much, its not the regular  22 its the 2nd 22 where list management counts. sadly we dont have the ability to change too much structurally because we have been negligent in the management of player types.
it will get worse now as well astbury gone and there is only grimes to come in.
how poor were our talls again as a collective group.
griffiths imo has been better than vickery but in saying that hes barely been passable. this is the problem right across the board.
 griffiths has not had a big drop off in form its been a slight drop off from the very low barely passable form he was displaying. didnt take much for him to become a total liability.
the lack of aggression and intensity in his game continues to be alarming.

who do we play with riewoldt.
vickery,griffiths elton, reckon its time to give elton a go if for no other reason than to get a game into him. play azza edwards as well  and plonk griffiths on the pine as the second ruck.
our trouble is we dont have one viable option to bring into the team. list management eh.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1683 on: May 31, 2014, 11:58:58 PM »
Shocking tonight but wasn't alone

But was a lot better when Hampson was subbed out and they opened up the F50
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1684 on: June 01, 2014, 12:00:44 AM »

Wrong
He played to his ability
He is very very limited
No tackle pressure
Not footy smart
Useless below his knees
Not good enough

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1685 on: June 01, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

Wrong
He played to his ability
He is very very limited
No tackle pressure
Not footy smart
Useless below his knees
Not good enough

back to where l said he is not up to AFL football. He don't use his brain cause he don't know

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1686 on: June 01, 2014, 12:41:24 PM »

Wrong
He played to his ability
He is very very limited
No tackle pressure
Not footy smart
Useless below his knees
Not good enough

Ito say Griffiths have no tackle pressure using the season as a whole is incorrect.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1687 on: June 01, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »
Didn't you watch last night
Fletcher made him look stupid
He clearly isn't up to it
CLEARLY

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1688 on: June 01, 2014, 12:46:30 PM »
Truth be told I did not.

Hence I am using the season thus far as my base to form my opinion as a big man, griffs tackling and pressure is above average

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1689 on: June 01, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
Griffith has had his head chopped off  ;D back to the FVFL (Failed Victorian Footballers League)  ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1690 on: June 01, 2014, 02:25:52 PM »
No coincidence he didn't really get involved until Hamspud was subbed. (Not that he was any good when he did , but still....) Seems to have lost all confidence in his kicking too....a bloke with a 70 m boot passing it off within 50 off goal? IIRC Had at least two kick-outs as well and only kicked it 20 towards the boundary both times.

Like lobbing hand grenades at tanks when you're carrying a panzerfaust.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1691 on: June 01, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »
No coincidence he didn't really get involved until Hamspud was subbed. (Not that he was any good when he did , but still....) Seems to have lost all confidence in his kicking too....a bloke with a 70 m boot passing it off within 50 off goal? IIRC Had at least two kick-outs as well and only kicked it 20 towards the boundary both times.

Like lobbing hand grenades at tanks when you're carrying a panzerfaust.
Our development of smalls is average and the less said about the talls the better. I think we should all resign ourselves to the fact we will be poo forever, no matter who works at the club. Something stinks.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: June 01, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
 He had a bad game and was coached badly -he was on his own against three many times. Should have but on the ball or played him up the ground

Disappointing but IMHO has more than enough ability to make it at AFL level. He might need a couple of weeks in the 2's to learn to do the 1%ers again.

The great negative - They Come, They Come

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1693 on: June 01, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »
He has had plenty of chances Griffiths, still think he's worth persisting but we have handled him poorly. He has had his best season so far, yet in 9 round he'll be dropped for a 2nd time.

We are a basketcase.

Deserves to be dropped after last night, but his axing after the game against Hawthorn was a joke, can't blame him for being mentally weak because we have the muppets running our football department.

Some players have to play perfect games of football week in week out to string 3-4 games together yet players like Grigg, Edwards, Houli, Vickery (up until recently) can have poor month after poor month with no accountability.

#basketcase
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1694 on: June 01, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »
Tigeritis development in full swing. 

It's been worth every cent the money that's been kindly donated to the FTF by loyal fans.

:clapping :clapping
 :gotigers 
The club that keeps giving.