Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 460469 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1620 on: May 18, 2014, 11:01:24 AM »
How did you rate him compared to Jack and Vickery? Personally think he was better than both.  Vickery can't hold a mark and is soft. Jack really needs to have a good think about the way he cans the delivery he gets as his highballs to the opposition were horrible.

Vickery hopeless
Should of subbed him off

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1621 on: May 18, 2014, 11:03:01 AM »
He needs to be left in the side, in the forward line and ruck (limited time) for the rest of the season!!!!!

Cannot possibly get a game next week
Play Elton
Play anyone
Can't play Griffiths

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1622 on: May 18, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »
Griffiths is no worse than Chaplin or hampson

Try and argue to me he is

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1623 on: May 18, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
How did you rate him compared to Jack and Vickery? Personally think he was better than both.  Vickery can't hold a mark and is soft. Jack really needs to have a good think about the way he cans the delivery he gets as his highballs to the opposition were horrible.

Vickery hopeless
Should of subbed him off

But how did you rate him compared to the other two tall fowards?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Gigantor

« Reply #1624 on: May 18, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
What other 2 forwards..what forwardline?

Rampstar

« Reply #1625 on: May 18, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
Unlike hampson Chaplin who are solid  :clapping

Last time I looked .this thread is named Ben Griffiths
Not Chaplin and Hampson
For my 2 cents .chaplin lost the plot .and Hampson needs a knee op

dont make up excuses for hampson he has been poo and has been a complete waste of space on richmonds list

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1626 on: May 18, 2014, 11:51:52 AM »
Griffiths was poor yesterday but he had plenty of mates. He didn't deserve to be dropped he lost his spot to Aaron Edwards and Vickery who are both soft cheats.

He nails 2 of those goals and we probably win and we sing his praises again and how good his season is being. He was given the burden of the ruck duties because of the failure of Hampson. Vickery gave nothing.

Think we are being a bit harsh on Griffiths, wasn't a good game but when Hardwick plays 'YO-YO' with your career do you blame him being a bit inconsistent. If Griffths was given the ride Vickery has had he'd be on par with Taylor Walker or Chris Mayne in my opinion.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1627 on: May 18, 2014, 11:54:04 AM »
Griffiths needs to roam that forward line by himself. Vickery has no idea how to be a forward as he is always behind the pack. Melbourne players taking marks in front of them was a joke. Paul Roos would have been telling them to get in front & cut him off by marking the ball.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1628 on: May 18, 2014, 11:54:50 AM »
l cant remember seeing Vickery get the ball yesterday

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1629 on: May 18, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »
l cant remember seeing Vickery get the ball yesterday

I can remember him getting near it.
If Sickery gets lucky he might touch it next week.

Griff disappointed me by having a few shots at goal where he kicked like he was chipping out of bunker rather than kicking the skin off the footy and using his strength. Could have ended up with 3 goals from limited opportunities that could have made his game more acceptable and possibly changed the result. I am in no way blaming him for the loss but the way he took a few shots at goal in the last quarter he looked confused and unsure and that overall is what is lost on a lot of players is they are thinking unnaturally to their footy abilities. Don't know if its instructive or just a confidence thing.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1630 on: May 18, 2014, 12:52:59 PM »
Vickery 12 disposals
Griffiths 6
Surely you can remember Vickery kicking the ball to the opposition in the last quarter when there wasn't a Richmond player inside F 50
Laughable

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1631 on: May 18, 2014, 12:55:15 PM »
Vickery 12 disposals
Griffiths 6
Surely you can remember Vickery kicking the ball to the opposition in the last quarter when there wasn't a Richmond player inside F 50
Laughable

No l never seen that, l had left before the 3/4 time siren  ;D

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1632 on: May 18, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »
Got a theory about playing as a forward
If you can't get more than 12 possessions you shouldn't get a game
It isn't hard to get involved in the game when playing forward of the ball

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1633 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »
Got a theory about playing as a forward
If you can't get more than 12 possessions you shouldn't get a game
It isn't hard to get involved in the game when playing forward of the ball

Most forwards lead their defenders to the contest. Somehow our's tend to think its better to be at the back of the pack.
don't think l ever seen a game in my life at any level where the backline totally dominated the air. further more our players are scared of being hurt & don't wanna crash the packs let alone get under the ball. l wouls really like to see Griffiths given the FF position & let alone to roam the forward with the likes of Martin, Lennon, &  Miles under him. Change the whole forward line.

Rewoldt well l would drop him also. got nothing to lose he ain't kicked many this last month

the claw

« Reply #1634 on: May 18, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
Griffiths is no worse than Chaplin or hampson

Try and argue to me he is
reckon thats the problem judge.
jvickery was again poor jriewoldt hardly touched it griffiths imo was better than vickery even though he didnt get as much ball  but its not that  chaplin continues to make simple errors rance while having a dip as usual makes too many errors of judgment hampson isnt doing a thing around the ground but he continues to ruck well. we got belted in stoppages when we subbed him out.
our talls as a collective are the problem its not just one its a collective.  go compare the work rate to pederson and dawes. they dont have huge numbers but they worked their butts off and competed and gave contests all day.
the troubling thing is there are very few options for us to change things this is why i have been going on about list managment so much, its not the regular  22 its the 2nd 22 where list management counts. sadly we dont have the ability to change too much structurally because we have been negligent in the management of player types.
it will get worse now as well astbury gone and there is only grimes to come in.