Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 459149 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Can Ben Griffiths fill the hole in Richmond's attack? ....... (Age)
« Reply #2460 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:49 AM »
Nothing in that article to disagree with.
agree smokey its almost exactly what ive been saying.
only thing i ve said different is we should have had more talls on the list and stopped hoping with the likes of vickery and griffiths. the planning or list management should have been with the view  these players are likely to fail  and as such if they did we werent going to start from scratch but had others already in our system.  i still think this needs to happen.
I respectfully disagree with this claw. You have said he is crap and is a dud many many times. I could go and dig them up if required  but your not going to be able to do a Rance on this guy.

Ben showed plenty last year which you continuely failed to see and in fact claimed the opposite.  Cant hide behind the "list management" arguements, this is not about that. The question is "Can Ben fill our CHF role?" Many of us that have watched him closely have said yes, what do you say claw?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

No More

« Reply #2461 on: April 11, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »
claw says that Alex Rance cant hold his feet so we should switch him to the forward pocket and send big Griff to full back  ;D

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2462 on: April 11, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »
Nothing in that article to disagree with.
agree smokey its almost exactly what ive been saying.
only thing i ve said different is we should have had more talls on the list and stopped hoping with the likes of vickery and griffiths. the planning or list management should have been with the view  these players are likely to fail  and as such if they did we werent going to start from scratch but had others already in our system.  i still think this needs to happen.
I respectfully disagree with this claw. You have said he is crap and is a dud many many times. I could go and dig them up if required  but your not going to be able to do a Rance on this guy.

Ben showed plenty last year which you continuely failed to see and in fact claimed the opposite.  Cant hide behind the "list management" arguements, this is not about that. The question is "Can Ben fill our CHF role?" Many of us that have watched him closely have said yes, what do you say claw?
what do you disagree with. in no way am i pumping up griffiths tyres and i stand by my statements that hes underperformed and his best  games have hardly reached the standard.

i was all for trading one of vickery or griffiths last yr preferably vickery but they went and and re signed the big girls blouse.

so what does that article say about griffiths that i have.

he certainly hasnt exploded like others. he has oscillated between defense ruck fwd, thats something ive disagreed with. im adamant we play him as a 2nd ruck/fwd.

he has both teased and titillated. or shown glimpses which is all and its not been enough and i have said so. he does have the [potential to do better but he hasnt hes been mostly below par.

the comp is littered with the jones whites vickery  etc and he rightly is lumped in with em none have established themselves some have given more than griffiths which is a worry.

griffiths sits in that group and while hes improved his barely at afl standard and has no margin for error.

when he says vickery has been supported but there comes a time when you ask how long do you persevere ive asked that question constantly about both hence icontinue to plead for different types and more talls to be in our system

the bloke says griffiths curve has been ever so slowly on the rise i agree with it and have said as much, trouble is for me he risen to  barely up to afl standard and still regularly below

yes we are waiting to see if he will arrive or if hes going to slip back to horrid. he has a long way to go to even be considered a half decent player a sml drop off and hes back to dud status.

mate i dont see that article as a positive for griffiths its negative and its correct.

oh to finish ive constantly said i stand by my comments on rance. to me its only been the last 2 yrs that hes  become elite. along the way he had many weaknesses and was at times down right ordinary.
if griffiths becomes a very good player i will go with it but so far the journey for ben has been very very ordinary.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2463 on: April 11, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »
naturally any player worth their salt is elite right from the start.........
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2464 on: April 11, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »
naturally any player worth their salt is elite right from the start.........
good for you thinking that way.  fortunately most of us dont.

sarcasm aside, all ive basically done is comment on griffiths performances and his weaknesses right thru out. this is his 6th yr and we are still getting articles like the one in this thread.
the critiques are warranted they will remain warranted until griffiths goes up a few levels if he goes up that is.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2465 on: April 11, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »
he's played less than 50 games and you have in the past compared him to blokes who have played more than 100.

somehow you think blokes should be getting better while spending their time in the medical room rather than playing, which is as stupid as it gets

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #2466 on: April 11, 2015, 07:19:28 PM »
Great article Gazza  :thumbsup Griffith is a soft girl. Bring in Throne
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2467 on: April 11, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
lmao at getting wet over anything lyon writes you desperate old slapper

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2468 on: April 11, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »
he's played less than 50 games and you have in the past compared him to blokes who have played more than 100.

somehow you think blokes should be getting better while spending their time in the medical room rather than playing, which is as stupid as it gets
lol at the stupidity. dont try and speak for me or put words in my mouth. if you had any sort of clue i could live with it but you dont.

ijuries or no injuries he had 6 yrs. and hes only played 50 games for a reason. the thing you  like to ignore is that theres  maybe 4 or 5 of those 50  games  that have come remotely close to an acceptable standard.

its simple  if you think they have  been good and it sure seems that way, good for you it must be bliss being so deluded.

most of us still waiting for him show he truly belongs at the level.

anyway where have you been ive been missing my laugh fix reading your nonsense.

tony_montana

« Reply #2469 on: April 11, 2015, 07:44:26 PM »
Still an issue with conditioning, thought all the talk coming out of punt road this preseason was he was so fit he could potentially play up the ground. Once again fanciful pie in the sky BS from the club propaganda machine.

Having said that, Im a fan and reckon he presented better than any other fwd we had, just disappointing to see him dropping off and fatiguing so badly late in the game

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2470 on: April 11, 2015, 07:49:28 PM »

lol at the stupidity. dont try and speak for me or put words in my mouth. if you had any sort of clue i could live with it but you dont.

ijuries or no injuries he had 6 yrs. and hes only played 50 games for a reason. the thing you  like to ignore is that theres  maybe 4 or 5 of those 50  games  that have come remotely close to an acceptable standard.

its simple  if you think they have  been good and it sure seems that way, good for you it must be bliss being so deluded.

most of us still waiting for him show he truly belongs at the level.

anyway where have you been ive been missing my laugh fix reading your nonsense.
the reason he has less than 50 is largely due to injury, so you can laugh all you want, but you are only laughing at yourself, like the rest of us.

and yes, i have put it to you directly, and you yourself said that time in the system is more important than games played, even if much of that time is spent injured. so yeah, keep laughing.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2471 on: April 11, 2015, 07:50:20 PM »
We've missed the point here.

The question shouldn't be Vickery or Griffiths.

It should be Vickery or Maric.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2472 on: April 11, 2015, 08:28:43 PM »
We've missed the point here.

The question shouldn't be Vickery or Griffiths.

It should be Vickery or Maric.
na the question was and remains can he fill the hole in our fwd line. thast is no closer to being resolved as when we drafted him.

look i didnt see the game today but i bet griffiths had about 10 12  possies. probably took 5 marks  maybe two contested and if we are lucky maybe kicked a goal. spent a little time in the ruck where he did okay but i bet he went missing for big chunks.
now rinse and repeat with probably even less impact in games.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2473 on: April 11, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
LMFAO

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2474 on: April 18, 2015, 11:03:49 PM »
2. Jumping Jack and Big Ben look the goods up front

If the Tigers were looking for more avenues to goal than Jack Riewoldt, they got it. In all they had 12 goalkickers and looked a multi-dimensional forward line capable of kicking a good score. Riewoldt himself was superb, working hard all over the ground to finish with 12 disposals and four goals. Big forward foil Ben Griffiths was just as important. Now in his sixth season, the 200cm Griffiths looks to have gone to another level in 2015. His numbers were terrific - 19 disposals, 2.2 and a team-high 10 marks, but more importantly he took the heat off Jumping Jack.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-18/big-ben-rings-true-for-tigers