Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 455357 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
Big Ben has massive potential, he just has a bit of natural grace and skill about him that other big fellas don't seem to have, if he can put in the hard yards, stay fit, I am with sabartooth
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

« Reply #601 on: May 27, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »
Big Ben has massive potential, he just has a bit of natural grace and skill about him that other big fellas don't seem to have, if he can put in the hard yards, stay fit, I am with sabartooth

His talent has never been a talking point with me.  l have said before he has talent but its the staying on the arena has always been my point. His played 1 game this season in the RFC side & has been injured numerous times at Coburg. He has not played alot of football over the years & some players do get injured is the slower leagues. Lets hope he stay injury free & we all get to see what he is capable of. l want to see Richmond players playing & giving something back to the club than sitting in rehab. Nothing more & nothing less.

the claw

« Reply #602 on: May 27, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
If Griff wasnt available we would have gone:
3: Martin
19: Astbury
35: Ayden Kennedy
43: Dea
51: Taylor

Griff has played more games than Kennedy.  :whistle
what rubbish.
we had the option at pick 19 of talls carlisle, black, and griffiths. easily the best 3 talls available at that pick. smalls bastinac fyfe and bartlett were also available.

the claw

« Reply #603 on: May 27, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »
did we gift him a game and if so id say we should gift one or two others a game.
i see tyrone was straight back in not asked to perform at coburg and performed like a witches hat again. do we gift him more games or god forbid try someone else just like we did with griffiths. will say again i can give the club no credit for playing griffiths because if grimes had not got hurt he would not have played despite the structure being on the short side when grimes was there.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #604 on: May 27, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
did we gift him a game and if so id say we should gift one or two others a game.
i see tyrone was straight back in not asked to perform at coburg and performed like a witches hat again. do we gift him more games or god forbid try someone else just like we did with griffiths. will say again i can give the club no credit for playing griffiths because if grimes had not got hurt he would not have played despite the structure being on the short side when grimes was there.

disagree , spoke to ppl at the club early this season and the grimes injury was unfortunate but griffs was always gonna come in .. they have been working on him as a chf and were just being cautious waiting to see how his body held up, his concussion earlier in the season did not help him

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #605 on: May 27, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »

what rubbish.
we had the option at pick 19 of talls carlisle, black, and griffiths. easily the best 3 talls available at that pick. smalls bastinac fyfe and bartlett were also available.

What's rubbish about it? And lol Griff>Bastinac.  :wallywink

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
Claw, STFU.

Black wasn't rated half as highly as Griffiths. He's played 2 AFL games till now. Who cares.

Carlisle whilst rated highly still wasn't as highly as Griffiths and has played equal amount of games due to injury.

Stop posting slop that is pointless.

P.S Bastinac and Fyfe wouldn't get a game in our midfield.  :wallywink :gotigers
Go Tigers!

Ruanaidh

« Reply #607 on: May 27, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
But for shoulder concerns Griff would have been top ten in his year. We rightfully took the chance and now will reap the benefits.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:33:58 AM by Ruanaidh »

Gigantor

« Reply #608 on: May 27, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
As i said before thought this kid needed more game time in the magoos,however he did enough yesterday to suggest he is more than comfortable playing in the seniors...Not sure what the club does to keep him on the park,whether they adopt the same philosophy they did with cotch several years back and restrict his training ,or whether we just let him loose and cross our fingers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #609 on: May 27, 2012, 06:37:32 PM »
Actually Pope I feel if we had gone Bastinac he would have been a gun in our midfield.

Thing is IMHO at Nought they aren't developing as well as they are at us and hence I feel that Nought are struggling right now. Thing with Nought is they have a good defensive and forward structure with some nice ruckmen but Harvey is virtually the only mid they have that can break the lines and he is from a by gone era. All they have now is a slowish in and under type midfield. All their mids are virtually the same type of player.

Having said that I am not disappointed at all we went for Griff. Griff filled a need and yesterday he proved to us what that despite his frailties how much we need him in our 22 week in week out and 100% fit. Hindsight is used at the end or when things are beyond repair. Right now all Griff needs is to play every game till the end of the year injury free and we'll be right.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #610 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »

what rubbish.

What's rubbish about it? And lol Griff>Bastinac.  :wallywink

There was also a guy named McMillan who I understand we were looking at but I think he went to Norf.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #611 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »
But for shoulder concerns Griff would have been top ten in his year. We took rightfully took the chance and now will reap the benefits.

Correct
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »
Actually Pope I feel if we had gone Bastinac he would have been a gun in our midfield.

Thing is IMHO at Nought they aren't developing as well as they are at us and hence I feel that Nought are struggling right now. Thing with Nought is they have a good defensive and forward structure with some nice ruckmen but Harvey is virtually the only mid they have that can break the lines and he is from a by gone era. All they have now is a slowish in and under type midfield. All their mids are virtually the same type of player.

Having said that I am not disappointed at all we went for Griff. Griff filled a need and yesterday he proved to us what that despite his frailties how much we need him in our 22 week in week out and 100% fit. Hindsight is used at the end or when things are beyond repair. Right now all Griff needs is to play every game till the end of the year injury free and we'll be right.

Yeah spot on post. Bastinac and Fyfe comment was tongue in check lol

When we picked up Griffiths, Richo was on the otehr side of 30, Jack hadn't come on we were desperate for KP forwards. If we went another midfielder and Jack never came on, we never would have picked up Martin and would have gone tall in that draft..
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #613 on: May 27, 2012, 07:10:10 PM »

Yeah spot on post. Bastinac and Fyfe comment was tongue in check lol

When we picked up Griffiths, Richo was on the otehr side of 30, Jack hadn't come on we were desperate for KP forwards. If we went another midfielder and Jack never came on, we never would have picked up Martin and would have gone tall in that draft..

Well Jack had not had his break out year yet but Dimma and the coaching staff would have been of the thinking that going forward Jack was going to occupy a KPP post so we had a hand in both the mid and the tall basket in 2009 going rightly for Martin at 3 but getting Griffiths and Astbury as potential KPP's also.
When you have pick 3 as we did you go for the best available and for us that was Dustin. We get Griff and David up and running solves a hell of a lot of issues down our spine and makes us look much more formidable.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #614 on: May 27, 2012, 07:13:08 PM »

Claw, again why do you keep saying Griffiths was gifted the game? He has clearly been our best preformed backman for Coburg this season! Post has also played well down back but unfortunately he showed his hand in round one, soft as butter! When grimes went down Griffiths was always next in line to come in.

As for Vickery what part of "He is our second Ruckman" don't you understand??? Unfortunately we can't play without him! As poor as he had been as a forward his chop out in the ruck is priceless. Who in your opinion should be in for Vickery to play as a forward and help in the ruck??