Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 505303 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1530 on: April 19, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »
Can't wait for his next poo game so the chicken little can vickeriah him
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1531 on: April 20, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »
BBBG! Silencing your critics! :clapping :clapping

Yes l'm one of his biggest critics & l'm happy with the way he is going at present.  ;D
The best part of his game is, He is now aware of his surroundings & not a danger to himself. He still puts his body in the line of fire, But not like the way he was going about it in previous seasons. His getting smarter & if he gets any smarter  ;D He will take Vickery's spot in the team which will force a contest between the 2 big men which is even better for the club  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1532 on: April 21, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »
Richo on Griffs ....

Ben Griffiths made another important team contribution.

Although Griffiths finished with only 11 disposals for the match, he managed to have a significant impact in his role up forward and providing ruck back-up for Shaun Hampson.  He had an equal team-high five inside-50 entries, a team-high three goal assists, four marks, and a highly impressive total of 24 pressure acts.  I really liked his follow-up efforts at the centre bounces after competing for the hit-outs.  On several occasions, he provided the team with a much-needed spark through his athleticism and impressive kicking skills.  Griffiths seems to be growing in confidence each time he steps out on the field these days, which is great to see because he clearly has all the tools required to become a key player for the Tigers.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-21/richos-sixpointers-round-5

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1533 on: April 22, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »
2 things that impressed me with Griffo's game on Thursday were his 2nd and 3rd efforts at ruck contests once the ball came to ground, and his intent to make his presence felt in marking contests.  Good signs if he continues to show improvement like he has so far this season.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1534 on: April 22, 2014, 06:23:17 PM »
2 things that impressed me with Griffo's game on Thursday were his 2nd and 3rd efforts at ruck contests once the ball came to ground, and his intent to make his presence felt in marking contests.  Good signs if he continues to show improvement like he has so far this season.

Smokey, agreed but I also would say his goal assists were critical  - I thought it was 4 goal assists not 3, that big hoof is an definite X factor.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1535 on: April 22, 2014, 09:02:27 PM »
Can't wait for his next poo game so the chicken little can vickeriah him

Ssshhhh  :shh don't tell anyone but I'm hanging around like Jackstar on a RFC four run trot just biding my time

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1536 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »

Smokey, agreed but I also would say his goal assists were critical  - I thought it was 4 goal assists not 3, that big hoof is an definite X factor.

For sure Y&B.  That's what's frustrating about Vickery's form this season - Griff improves so to offset that Vickery goes backwards!   :banghead

the claw

« Reply #1537 on: April 23, 2014, 07:10:29 PM »

For sure Y&B.  That's what's frustrating about Vickery's form this season - Griff improves so to offset that Vickery goes backwards!   :banghead
has he really gone backwards or is it people are seeing him for what he is at last.  not much has changed from last yr to this yr with vickery. in fact kpis are similar right across his career  even 2011 when he kicked 36 goals.
in nearly every area of the game the word for vickery is plateau. unfortunately hes plateaued well below what is good enough.

griffiths has improved but hes at a level where he doesnt want to slip back. any slip backwards  will see his game become unacceptable. has to trend upwards, with what he does right now as a minimum.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1538 on: April 24, 2014, 08:53:25 AM »
Yeah, could be what it is Claw.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1539 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »
Should've never drafted Vickory and should've played Griffith at CHF and 2nd ruck from the start
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1540 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »
I think Griff is finally reaping the rewards of having that lengthy stint in the Backline in previous seasons. Its made him tougher, stronger and more keen for the footy. I know there are plenty of critics of Dimma's theory of throwing players into the defensive half to grow their defensive skills before focusing on their attack, but I think it has really helped Griff to develop into a pretty decent player.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1541 on: April 24, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
I think Griff is finally reaping the rewards of having that lengthy stint in the Backline in previous seasons. Its made him tougher, stronger and more keen for the footy. I know there are plenty of critics of Dimma's theory of throwing players into the defensive half to grow their defensive skills before focusing on their attack, but I think it has really helped Griff to develop into a pretty decent player.

OMG a positive spin on something Hardwick might have done?! :thumbsup

Reverts to 'should have played him at CHF all the time...' blah blah..

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1542 on: April 24, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »

Yeah fancy thinking that The Coach might have a clue.

The arm chair experts on here sometimes need to ...

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1543 on: April 24, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »

Yeah fancy thinking that The Coach might have a clue.

The arm chair experts on here sometimes need to ...

:cheers
would have thought as a teacher you would have told your students to finish their sentences.  :shh

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1544 on: April 24, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »
Just watching the game again against the Lions, Griff is very important to this side now, really got involved with everything. Must be kept in the side when Maric returns.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"