Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457810 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1635 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »
he was crap yesterday but the club has ruined his confidence. Bunch of wankers
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1636 on: May 18, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »
he was crap yesterday but the club has ruined his confidence. Bunch of wankers

He looks like a superstar in the VFL previous week

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1637 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
Made seven tackles, as for his possession count, don't really care, he's not a midfielder  - he game was poo because he didn't convert his chances. Had he kicked 3.0 rather than 0.3 he would've done his job. Keep playing him.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1638 on: May 18, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
Made seven tackles, as for his possession count, don't really care, he's not a midfielder  - he game was poo because he didn't convert his chances. Had he kicked 3.0 rather than 0.3 he would've done his job. Keep playing him.
:clapping

Should have had another shot in the first and got himself in trouble trying to be unselfish. Bring on more selfish Griff. Shame it didn't come off.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1639 on: May 18, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
I'd keep him in ahead of Vickery thats for sure.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1640 on: May 18, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
Guess what
World record game of stoppages yesterday which means stacks on the mill tackles are total garbage
Wasn't a free paid in first 12 mins but had 25 ball ups

the claw

« Reply #1641 on: May 18, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
Guess what
World record game of stoppages yesterday which means stacks on the mill tackles are total garbage
chris dawes only had 10 possesions for the game yet his game was excellent.  both vickery and griffiths were very guilty of going missing for huge chunks of the game. at least griffiths worked without the ball.

the team is screaming out for a chris dawes a bloke who just presents and works and competes  all the time you know even if he doesnt get the ball he will give a contest and chase.daws is no world beater but hes a damn better player than the two mentioned.
simply put we cant go with both vickery and griffiths for me id take griffiths every day of the week atm.
we need a kpf and we need a tall fwd as well like jack gunston. i believe in the 3 tall structure that most sides go with but not if the players are statues and that is what vickery is most of the time.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1642 on: May 18, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »
Guess what

What is a tackle?

There is a reason for this.

Stats have Ben Lennon having NO TACKLES.

THIS IS A FARCE.

I saw him lay multiple tackles.

The stats have now lost me forever, they arent remotely accurate.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1643 on: May 18, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Jack star.

I know this is the Griffiths thread. But we only have 45 odd players to pick from. Not an a unlimited amount. Hence it is important to compare the like of Chaplin (griff can play back) or Hampson (griff can pay ruck) in order to work out who I the most shyte and what effect such people will have on the long term future of the club

Griffs tackles and 'pressure acts' are always very high and off the charts for a kPp

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1644 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
Guess what

What is a tackle?

There is a reason for this.

Stats have Ben Lennon having NO TACKLES.

THIS IS A FARCE.

I saw him lay multiple tackles.

The stats have now lost me forever, they arent remotely accurate.

Lennon laded at least one very good tackle but the umpires seems to not enforce certain rules ie. correct dispels of the ball, prior opportunity to before being tackled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1645 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
He was really disappointing yesterday. Half arsed token efforts to chase and tackle. For someone who has so much to prove, he gave very little. What give me the sh$ts is these blokes are playing for their futures and they give that sort of effort. They seem just to be waiting for someone else to do it.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1646 on: May 18, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »
He was really disappointing yesterday. Half arsed token efforts to chase and tackle. For someone who has so much to prove, he gave very little. What give me the sh$ts is these blokes are playing for their futures and they give that sort of effort. They seem just to be waiting for someone else to do it.
Freo celebrate Pavlich's 300th game victory and Fyfe is killing it and will be an elite player of the competition.

Whilst we lament what might have been with Pavlich, at Richmond we also get enjoy the contrasting careers of Griffiths (pick 19 '09) & Fyfe (pick 20 '09).
It's always exciting at Richmond. We get to see the great strides players make that we didn't pick whilst we get to see first hand the indifferent careers of the would've-been stars at our great club.

There's never a dull moment.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1647 on: May 18, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »
Punt road. Regional Breeding of mediocrity and potentiality incapacitation
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1648 on: May 18, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
Freo celebrate Pavlich's 300th game victory and Fyfe is killing it and will be an elite player of the competition.

Whilst we lament what might have been with Pavlich, at Richmond we also get enjoy the contrasting careers of Griffiths (pick 19 '09) & Fyfe (pick 20 '09).
It's always exciting at Richmond. We get to see the great strides players make that we didn't pick whilst we get to see first hand the indifferent careers of the would've-been stars at our great club.

There's never a dull moment.  :rollin
I'm sure Griff would be a giant of the comp now if he were at Freo and Fyfe would be a hack who can't hit targets at Richmond.... >:(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1649 on: May 19, 2014, 10:33:46 AM »
Richmond needed a tall in 2009 & had plenty of mid type players to choose from. We had Shane Edwards, & Foley,  ;D