Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457701 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1740 on: June 03, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »
Griffiths has the most pressure acts of the forwards, perhaps the team?  (Foorywire doesn't have this statistic)

First for one Percenter's

Top 3 in clearances in front of riewoldt. 

#1 contested mark -  number one in the afl at one point if not still

Double the hit outaverage of Vickery

Also took a match saving mark ala lance whitnal when the season still had hope..

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1741 on: June 03, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
If you remove the aberration against gws* what do you make Of jacks year?

Has he been clearly the best forward from the pool.of remaining games in 2014?
You didn't answer the question? Simple question. Yes or no?

In don't know boss im of the thinking they are all reasonably shyte.

However in don't think its as clear cut as you thinknor is there a sstand out.

For long periods of games we have scored only 2-3,goals with more coming in junk time in reality meaningless.

Griff has been of the disadvantage he is the youngest. Had injury history. Was not played as a forward in the 2s. Has lost development time cause of mcgaune/aedwards/being dropped wtx.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1742 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »
Said 4 weeks ago he can't play and never will
So you wait until he plays a howler to post this? I could legitimately say nobody can play on our list after Saturday and it would be hard for anyone to argue!

Tell me in the past 4 years what has he done
He has played only 28 games. He is only 22. He has has seriously big shoulder operations that involved bone grafting.
They take a long time to come right.  This year his stats are very good for a KPP. The only thing he hasn't done is kick a lot of goals. Nobody said he is starring. The development curve is heading up. That's what we were all looking for. He has the skill set to be a very handy player. Just like all forwards he needs good delivery. That is more of an issue at our club than anything else. Our mids are poor and are getting destroyed.
Has Griff been our best forward this year? No need to give me the excuses why he hasn't been because I already gave them.
Just answer me that simple question.
One of our forwards is leading the Coleman the other one will get dropped this week for the second time in ten games.

They probably wont reply, I mean who wants to be called stupid if they have a different opinion to you. I don't blame them. I have already given my view, Jack has been poo this year and don't give me leading the Coleman please. If you are going to discount contested mark and pressure acts, as things that don't count in being the best forward, then don't give me Goals only.
Fluffy Tiger, I said it was a stupid comment, not that you are stupid. The rest can talk for themselves.
It's still by far the stupidest comment I have read on hear for some time. That's my opinion.

Maybe you should read "Should the Club fold" thread or any of the 100's of "my mail" posts.  Stupid comments abound on this forum so it was a huge leap to call opinion on the best forward this year the stupidest.  BTW looks like the "Should the club fold" tread has gone I cant find it to link it, that's how stupid that was.   EDIT  here is the link I found it  :)   http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=20118.0

I'm clearly not alone on this either. You say Jack by a longshot, I say Jack has been crap this season.  Who has been the second best forward if Jack is so far in front ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:48:31 PM by Fluffy Tiger »
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1743 on: June 03, 2014, 02:26:38 PM »
So you wait until he plays a howler to post this? I could legitimately say nobody can play on our list after Saturday and it would be hard for anyone to argue!

He has played only 28 games. He is only 22. He has has seriously big shoulder operations that involved bone grafting.
They take a long time to come right.  This year his stats are very good for a KPP. The only thing he hasn't done is kick a lot of goals. Nobody said he is starring. The development curve is heading up. That's what we were all looking for. He has the skill set to be a very handy player. Just like all forwards he needs good delivery. That is more of an issue at our club than anything else. Our mids are poor and are getting destroyed.
Has Griff been our best forward this year? No need to give me the excuses why he hasn't been because I already gave them.
One of our forwards is leading the Coleman the other one will get dropped this week for the second time in ten games.
I don't give excuses. I'm stating fact!!!!!
With the best forward question I hesitate to answer as how do you define "best forward"?
If its just goals kicked, he has not been the best forward.
If it is pressure acts by a KPP in the forward half, he has been our best.
If it is looked at in contested marking, he has been our best.
If it is flexibility (playing forward, back, ruck) he has been our best.

If you don't agree write down your definition and categories.
Thanks.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1744 on: June 03, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »

They probably wont reply, I mean who wants to be called stupid if they have a different opinion to you. I don't blame them. I have already given my view, Jack has been poo this year and don't give me leading the Coleman please. If you are going to discount contested mark and pressure acts, as things that don't count in being the best forward, then don't give me Goals only.
Fluffy Tiger, I said it was a stupid comment, not that you are stupid. The rest can talk for themselves.
It's still by far the stupidest comment I have read on hear for some time. That's my opinion.

Maybe you should read "Should the Club fold" thread or any of the 100's of "my mail" posts.  Stupid comments abound on this forum so it was a huge leap to call opinion on the best forward this year the stupidest.  BTW looks like the "Should the club fold" tread has gone I cant find it to link it, that's how stupid that was.   EDIT  here is the link I found it  :)   http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=20118.0

I'm clearly not alone on this either. You say Jack by a longshot, I say Jack has been crap this season.  Who has been the second best forward if Jack is so far in front ?

The sad answer is there is no second best, they can all be lumped together as shyte Vickers, Griffith, Hampson, LLoyd, Gordon = Plop Plop Plop

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1745 on: June 03, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »

With the best forward question I hesitate to answer as how do you define "best forward"?

Thanks.

There  is only one statistic that surpasses the rest as forwards go ; goals

The Coleman is not for forward pressure acts, contested marks or whatever it is for goals

Jack by a couple of country miles

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1746 on: June 03, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
Yea but it the BEST question not most goals question

If the browlow medal was for beat Richmond forward - jack would get 3 votes vs gws. Not 11 votes.

Ie. Say the question is who is the best GC mid. Say ablett gets 100 touches vs gws. Say swallow has got 4o touches each game. One would usethe season as a whole toncompare the two. NNot instantly say 'ablett cause a MIDs jobs is to get the ball and 100 is more than 40'

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1747 on: June 03, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »
The AFL recognises the best forward as he who kicks the most goals

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1748 on: June 03, 2014, 04:06:15 PM »
The afl also wants to introduce netball rules so don't put too much value of them

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1749 on: June 03, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »

Thanks.

There  is only one statistic that surpasses the rest as forwards go ; goals

The Coleman is not for forward pressure acts, contested marks or whatever it is for goals

Jack by a couple of country miles
He didn't ask who has kicked the most goals Chucky.  He said who has been the best forward and as you know that encompasses many things.  If you take his GWS haul out of it and then look at how many times the ball is directed to a particular forward as a ratio of goals kicked you will find that Jack does not do very well at all.
They hardly ever kick the ball to Griff and I have seen him present as an option but not be acknowledged by his team mates several times this year.  So if they're not kicking it to you it's hard to score goals.  That's why he is left to concentrate on his pressure acts etc to keep in the game.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1750 on: June 03, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
The AFL recognises the best forward as he who kicks the most goals
The Coleman medal is awarded to the forward that has kicked the most goals, not the best forward.  You shouldn't get the two confused.

Even worse, it's awarded to the forward that's kicked the most goals in total.  In other words you could be injured for half the season but score 100 goals in 11 games by which your definition makes you the best forward, only to be beaten by someone who kicked just one more goal in 22 games!

That is an award then that isn't given to the best forward even by your definition.  You just have to kick the most goals in the home and away season, that is all.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1751 on: June 03, 2014, 04:24:09 PM »
Most Goals = Coleman = Best Forward

Keep it simple boys as it was a really simple question he asked

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1752 on: June 03, 2014, 04:30:15 PM »
Most Goals = Coleman

Keep it simple boys as it was a really simple question he asked
EFA and even simpler!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1753 on: June 03, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Talk of getting rid of Griffiths is premature.
The same people probably wanted to get rid of Schulz.
You don't get rid of near 200cm 22 year olds with great skills..

Development.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1754 on: June 03, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
Talk of getting rid of Griffiths is premature.
The same people probably wanted to get rid of Schulz.
You don't get rid of near 200cm 22 year olds with great skills..

Development.

Exactly this. We don't want to pull a Josh Kennedy here.