Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 455341 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1800 on: June 13, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »
Hopefully we have seen the last of Griffiths
Promised a lot .delivered donuts

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1801 on: June 13, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »
Yeah pee him off and get around orren and hampson

Offline Dicko

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1802 on: June 13, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
I can't help thinking that if they kicked the ball to him he would have had a better chance. I've watched him play all his games since he thrashed a nephew of mine in schoolboy football years ago, a several weeks ago I saw Cothchin kick the ball to him - In 5 years this is the first time I've seen Cotchin kick the ball to him. Martin, Newman and the "better" players don't look for him at all. A classic example was 2 weeks ago Griff was on his own in the square calling for the ball and they kicked it to Jack who had 2 players on him. When Griff has been in the F50, they don't look for him - they kick the ball over his head despite him leading and calling for the ball that's why he hasn't done well there - have a look at the replays.
In a way I hope he does move on at the end of the year to a new club and to where he's got a better chance of success, but I'd rather him stay and get some respect

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1803 on: June 13, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »

Yeah, big upside and our future there, nice one Judge.  I don't understand the hate for this Griffiths. For the first 4 or 5 weeks of this season the big uspside in the losses we had was the form of Griffiths and Ashbury. He was poor the last two weeks but he was far from the worst as far as having a go. There is no future in these two other bigs (orren and hampson), Keep Griff in please.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1804 on: June 13, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »
Agree with keeping but needs to work harder. Agree players need to kick it to him. He is a good mark and is usually a good kick Usual Richmond mentality kick it to a player who has at least two opponents on him rather than to the unmarked team mate.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1805 on: June 13, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »

Yeah, big upside and our future there, nice one Judge.  I don't understand the hate for this Griffiths. For the first 4 or 5 weeks of this season the big uspside in the losses we had was the form of Griffiths and Ashbury. He was poor the last two weeks but he was far from the worst as far as having a go. There is no future in these two other bigs (orren and hampson), Keep Griff in please.
AGREE 100 %, delivery to him is pitiful. A bit like Jay Shulz Richo scenario. Other clubs would be salivating on picking him up and converting him into a top player. We are just too dumb and have a woeful development and management structure.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1806 on: June 13, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

AGREE 100 %, delivery to him is pitiful. A bit like Jay Shulz Richo scenario. Other clubs would be salivating on picking him up and converting him into a top player. We are just too dumb and have a woeful development and management structure.
Second rounder?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1807 on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:31 PM »
I'd trade Vickery before Griffiths, but if we received a good enough offer.....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1808 on: June 13, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »

What would you want for each of them?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1809 on: June 13, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »

What would you want for each of them?

3rd rounder would be fair in an uncompromised draft, if we did really well maybe even a low second (I'd honestly even take a 4th rounder for Vickery at this point) or if they went to good club with quality depth, a good young player from that club who's not getting a game. 

If we trade them to say the Bulldogs or Carlton, we won't get much because, though desperate for talls they won't give up high picks, particularly in a draft that's supposed to be rich in tall talent, and don't have quality players or depth, if for argument's sake someone like Hawthorn or Collingwood came knocking however.... the new clubs also have talent they can afford to shed, though I doubt GWS are that desperate for talls ...unless they want to use them as rucks (Mumford isn't getting any younger).

This is where the list managers earn their keep. Though I'd be more confident if we have new list managers come trade week.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1810 on: June 13, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
LOL - you all said the same about Rance and Jack not long ago. Most knowledgable people know he has the goods to be a good player but needs to keep developing

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1811 on: June 13, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
LOL - you all said the same about Rance and Jack not long ago. Most knowledgable people know he has the goods to be a good player but needs to keep developing

+1
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1812 on: June 13, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »

Have you got special mail on that

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1813 on: June 15, 2014, 12:54:20 PM »
How did Ben go yesterday in the Curtain Raiser

the claw

« Reply #1814 on: June 15, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »
vickery wont go anywhere hes contracted until 2016 ??. griffiths is out of contract probably hasnt done enoughh to be retained.

happy to give him another yr as long as we dont say to ourselves, geez we have griffiths elton vickery and riewoldt mcbean we have have of tall fwds.  we need to look at it not in pure numbers but in what each player is likely to become and what the chances are of them making it.
when looked at this way the list is absolutely screaming out for for a big strong marking kpf and a quick  agile well rounded third tall.

keep all the tall fwds if need be in hope but ffs add to them in anticipation of most of em going by the wayside.