Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 455330 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #3030 on: January 14, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »
Griffiths focused on consistency.

Ben Griffiths speaks to Roar Vision about the key people influencing his game ahead of the 2017 season.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-01-13/griffiths-excited-by-key-talls
"Lessen the gap between my good games and my bad games" FMD he has had 5 good games in 6 years. And I'm being generous.
How skinny does this like look now? He gets outmuscled in most marking contest unless he has a run and jump and we decide to slim him down??
I hope he proves me wrong but this guy is a massive pretender IMO.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3031 on: January 14, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »
He speaks Orwellian.

They're a pack of brainwashed monkeys down there.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3032 on: January 14, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »

Ben Griffiths speaks to Roar Vision about the key people influencing his game ahead of the 2017 season.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-01-13/griffiths-excited-by-key-talls
"Lessen the gap between my good games and my bad games" FMD he has had 5 good games in 6 years. And I'm being generous.
How skinny does this like look now? He gets outmuscled in most marking contest unless he has a run and jump and we decide to slim him down??
I hope he proves me wrong but this guy is a massive pretender IMO.
I made this comment about a year ago. The club has tried to make him into an aerobic beast and have made him too skinny. His major attributes as a junior were his size and booming kick. Both have been dialled out of him..... :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3033 on: January 14, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
Thanks Mr Hardwick
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3034 on: January 14, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
Each year under hardwick, they seem to just stagnate more and more mentally.

If the club was a country it would be Syria
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3035 on: January 14, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »

Nah Oxxy, it would be North Korea with our Dear Leader.

Fast fact:- Did you know that according to insiders at the club, Hardwick once hit 18 holes in one in a row?
"Sliding doors moment.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3036 on: January 14, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »

Fast fact:- Did you know that according to insiders at the club, Hardwick once hit 18 holes in one in a row?
Are we talking golf? :shh

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3037 on: January 14, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »

Whats golf?
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3038 on: January 14, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »

He truly is amazing.
Caracella and Balmey.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3039 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »

Whats golf?
Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3040 on: January 14, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

Whats golf?
Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden?

Griffiths Off, Lazy Footballer?
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3041 on: January 15, 2017, 01:08:58 AM »
aw cmon you lot leave poor benny alone. He's only had 7 yrs and according to rfc dogma he has at least another three yrs to click.

Seriously though there is literally no other option unless we are prepared to throw blokes like Chol and Moore in the deepend because in 5 yrs Elton has done stuff all and now only goes back to playing fwd after another successful dimma experiment down back lol.

Grin and bear it people your gunna see heaps of jane ah sorry ben.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3042 on: January 17, 2017, 02:37:34 AM »

Richmond key forward Ben Griffiths has set his sights on a more consistent year in 2017.

Griffiths played 13 senior matches last year, before an ongoing groin issue kept him on the sidelines.

“The ongoing thing for me is consistency – it’s something I’ll always be working on and it’s something I really want to get better,” Griffiths said.

“Lessen the gap between my good games and my bad games - that’s what I’m working towards.”

Griffiths, 25, is currently working his way back into pre-season training after undergoing a minor procedure to help relieve the groin injury.

“I’m tracking really well and I’m really optimistic about getting back into the main group and the full ground stuff pretty soon,” he said.

The towering forward spoke about the noticeable changes at Richmond ahead of season 2017.

He has a new mentor this year, after former Brisbane senior coach Justin Leppitsch returned to Punt Road Oval.

Leppitsch is in charge of Richmond’s forward line, and Griffiths said the change had already had a positive impact on the playing group.

“He’s created an environment where everyone is encouraged to speak up and it’s a really educating environment,” he said.

“It’s been really good to have that little bit of change and from his experiences as a head coach, he’s got some really good learning tools and he’s been super for the younger guys.”

Griffiths said he also looked to Tigers’ star defender Alex Rance for guidance, as he pushes to establish himself as a key target in the Tigers’ forward line.

“It’s definitely one thing I try and do, always match up on (Rance) at training,” Griffiths said.

“He’s really good at providing feedback on the ground – telling us what makes him uncomfortable, what he thinks our movements could be to catch the defenders off guard.

“It’s somewhat of a luxury to have him – he’s a good teacher, a good educator and he’s a really good guy to learn off.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-01-16/griffiths-looking-to-lessen-his-consistency-gap

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger tall nearing return as Vickery replacement (afl site)
« Reply #3043 on: January 18, 2017, 03:14:54 AM »
Tiger tall nearing return as Vickery replacement

AFL.com.au
17 January 2017

GROIN surgery late last year for Richmond key forward Ben Griffiths means he is yet to return to full training.

It was an issue that forced Griffiths to miss four of the final five games of 2016.

The upcoming season looms as a critical one for Griffiths. He will likely be the permanent replacement for Ty Vickery as the side's second marking target, behind Jack Riewoldt.

Vickery left for Hawthorn as a restricted free agent and while he was often maligned, he averaged close to two goals a game over the past three years.

"I had a little bit of a setback at the start of pre-season but I'm slowly integrating back into the main group," Griffiths told richmondfc.com.au.

"I had an ongoing groin problem towards the end of the season last year and then we ended up deciding to go in for an adductor release, just to release the pressure from the area and off the adductor tendon.

"It's very minor and I've just been progressing from then. I'm really optimistic about getting back into the main group and the full ground stuff pretty soon."

Griffiths lined up in 13 games last season and has never played more than 16 in a year.

Despite Vickery's departure, Griffiths predicted he would play a similar role.

"I'll still be a key forward target that pinch-hits in the ruck," he said.

"I don't mind floating through the ruck at stages. It's a pretty good role to lock down, which is why I'm so eager to get back into the main group. Then we've got guys like 'Nank' (Toby Nankervis) who's come in and is training really well."

However, the big man said he needed to improve to help the side. Richmond finished 13th last year after three consecutive finals appearances and was the fourth-lowest scoring team in the competition.

"The ongoing thing for me is consistency. It's something I'll always be working on and something I really want to get better," he said.

Griffiths said the Tigers could change their forward set-up to cater for Vickery's absence.

"It opens up a door for more hybrid types. We've got young Callum Moore coming through. He's been training really well and he's that mid-sized role," he said.

Moore, 20, was listed at 193cm and played the final two games of last season.

The Tigers kick off their pre-season campaign on Friday, February 24, against Adelaide at Etihad Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-16/tiger-tall-edging-closer-to-return-as-vickerys-replacement

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3044 on: January 18, 2017, 04:32:30 PM »
Wouldn't it just be the ducks nuts if our talls work out just a little.

Nankervis turns out to be a diamond in the rough.

Griffiths finally lives up to his potential and backs up Jack with a solid 30-40 goal season.

Astbury finds his balls and becomes a decent defender.

Moore becomes a legitimately useful swing man, playing 3rd tall both ends.

Honestly though the bookends are weak AF and we will be exposed this year...