Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457734 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #3135 on: April 02, 2017, 06:40:05 PM »
Griff was just starting to take those great grabs I remember we picked him up for, if he could do that further back on the field and send those booming big kicks straight back down the other end again, he would be a Jim Jesse awesome.  He has a massive boot, I reckon all the dinky poo ruined his game, he looks like he is getting back to more natural instincts a bit.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3136 on: April 02, 2017, 08:56:02 PM »
Richmond will struggle if Griff does not play forward/ruck against WC
He's one of the only players with size who  has a great leap

Let's see who the replacement and compare the marks ,tackles ,knock ons acts of courage the replacement player brings to the game. Unfortunately I'm guessing  I'm going to have a big laugh at all the experts. I hope I'm wrong but let see!!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3137 on: April 02, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
Richmond will struggle if Griff does not play forward/ruck against WC
He's one of the only players with size who  has a great leap

Let's see who the replacement and compare the marks ,tackles ,knock ons acts of courage the replacement player brings to the game. Unfortunately I'm guessing  I'm going to have a big laugh at all the experts. I hope I'm wrong but let see!!
"Acts of courage" give me a spell!
The guys is a peaheart that knocks himself out without even hiting his head. He did the same against North over in Tassie a year or so ago.
I like that our players are allowed to play with a bit more natural instinct this year but if you are going to try and take a hanger, at the very least don't give away a free kick doing so. Nothing that makes me angrier!!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3138 on: April 03, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »
I may be mistaken but in the relplay of his fall it looks like he doesn't even hit his head ?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3139 on: April 03, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »
Dunno how he hit his head as it looked very innocuous.

But he looked white as a ghost after the game.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3140 on: April 03, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »
I may be mistaken but in the relplay of his fall it looks like he doesn't even hit his head ?

My understanding is with a long history of concussion he doesn't actually need a whack direct to his scone to suffer another concussion

That's how sensitive his head is to concussion. He landed awkwardly on his back and shoulders, could easily cause it via some sort of jarring

People will laugh and ridicule but that's how it was explained to me by someone who copped a few concussion playing another sport
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3141 on: April 03, 2017, 01:49:29 PM »

Time for Ben to throw the towel in methinks.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3142 on: April 03, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »

My understanding is with a long history of concussion he doesn't actually need a whack direct to his scone to suffer another concussion

That's how sensitive his head is to concussion. He landed awkwardly on his back and shoulders, could easily cause it via some sort of jarring

People will laugh and ridicule but that's how it was explained to me by someone who copped a few concussion playing another sport

Thought something like that might be the case. If so i reckon it really is time to throw in the towel.
Can't expect him to compete and crash packs knowing he can get concussed just by landing hard.

tony_montana

« Reply #3143 on: April 03, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »
Agree  - time to throw in the towel. This could also happen if he cops a solid bump when hes not expecting it, whats going to happen when he deadset cops a heavy one to the head?

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3144 on: April 03, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »
Which is the reason I believe he is courageous,been knocking himself out for a while.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3145 on: April 03, 2017, 06:01:07 PM »

Time for Ben to throw the towel in methinks.

Yep. Bye bye Benny. Had so much potential like all the KPFs before you
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3146 on: April 03, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
I kind of feel a bit sorry for him but I am happy not to see him again too.

In all seriousness, he has had ample time on our list only to be getting KO"ed without even hitting his head.
I think Ben's body is unfortunately not made for AFL footy.

I just hope we learn our lesson and move on and try someone else up forward.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3147 on: April 03, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »
I kind of feel a bit sorry for him but I am happy not to see him again too.

In all seriousness, he has had ample time on our list only to be getting KO"ed without even hitting his head.
I think Ben's body is unfortunately not made for AFL footy.

I just hope we learn our lesson and move on and try someone else up forward.
I think Ben did get hit by an elbow to the temple?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:46:57 PM by Go Richo 12 »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3148 on: April 03, 2017, 11:03:05 PM »

Yep. A whiplash sort of effect. Shows how weak his body is though. Martin smashes into a bloke, breaks his jaw and plays the rest of the game. Griffiths lands on his arm and jolts his shoulder and spends the rest of the game concussed.

It's a big reason why he doesn't jump into contests as much and prefers the wrestle. Protecting his noggin because he doesn't have the courage to fly for those marks

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3149 on: April 04, 2017, 07:00:19 AM »
It's a bit harsh to say he doesn't have "the courage". If there's a risk of getting concussion every time he flies for a grab, it highlights his courage as opposed to his lack of it when he doesn't.
Having said that, it bothers me that there's a risk in the first place. I hope the club know what they're doing as it's playing with a young mans long term health
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.