Author Topic: David Astbury [merged]  (Read 262994 times)

Ramps

Re: David Astbury [merged]
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:30 AM »
Our recruits all showed something last night. Maybe our recruiting is finally on track.

i agree Ramps! Hardwick said before the match "to show our supporters what are new players have to offer!"

i think he could feel a smashing!

Wayne Campbell was coach on Saturday Night wasn't he?

Hardwick was at the back writting down notes.

:)

If at the end of this year we can say we found Astbury, Griffiths and Martin irrespective of where we finish it will have been a success. If any of the rest like Dae, Webberley, Nason et al come through, then it would be an enormous bonus and if we finish bottom so be it, we end up with another early pick and with some good trading we could get in new young blood. Anyway, we got flogged but the newbies all showed they could play a bit. Gourdis as well was a surprise, If he can come on as well then yep we should be pretty happy.

the claw

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »
Our recruits all showed something last night. Maybe our recruiting is finally on track.

i agree Ramps! Hardwick said before the match "to show our supporters what are new players have to offer!"

i think he could feel a smashing!

Wayne Campbell was coach on Saturday Night wasn't he?

Hardwick was at the back writting down notes.

:)

If at the end of this year we can say we found Astbury, Griffiths and Martin irrespective of where we finish it will have been a success. If any of the rest like Dae, Webberley, Nason et al come through, then it would be an enormous bonus and if we finish bottom so be it, we end up with another early pick and with some good trading we could get in new young blood. Anyway, we got flogged but the newbies all showed they could play a bit. Gourdis as well was a surprise, If he can come on as well then yep we should be pretty happy.
here here after all for where we are at as a club this is what its about,

what i hope for now is the club can actually make a decision on some of these kids not in 5 or 6 yrs but 2 or 3.  we have to stop the list clogging.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 06:10:25 AM »
Going to be a very good player for us.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »

I also think that we may also have a better player development team in place.

The Wallace 'avoid speaking with the youngsters' style of player development didn't seem to work.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

jackstar is back again

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 12:08:29 AM »
Has injury problem with his heel, will have cortezone injections next week, could be serious problem.
They were know until heel is injected and allowed to settle down

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »
You also said McGuane was unlikely to be fit for Round 1 and he played against Geelong, solidly beat Ottens too

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 12:14:26 AM »
Has injury problem with his heel, will have cortezone injections next week, could be serious problem.
Bugger if true  :(
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

the claw

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »
griffiths adtbury and riewoldt will make for good size and structure but patience is key. add taylor roberts and morton  and in time the forward half  if they all make it  will look okay.my real concern is we have to few eggs in to few baskets.
it will only take one or two failures for us to be in trouble if we arent already.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2010, 07:01:07 AM »
You also said McGuane was unlikely to be fit for Round 1 and he played against Geelong, solidly beat Ottens too

Only tell you what I was told.
Yesterday was only a practise match and Ottens hasnt had preseason either due to the boating accident

jackstar is back again

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 07:03:12 AM »
Bugger if true  :(

Very true.
It was his birthday last friday and he went to a Spanish restuarant in Fitzroy.
He basically had trouble walking in,

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 09:59:50 AM »
It's not due to saving his sister from that falling tree, is it?

Also, jacko, are you hutchy?  You seem to know a bit too much about our players' personal lives.  ;)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »

Also, jacko, are you hutchy?  You seem to know a bit too much about our players' personal lives.  ;)

Not Hutchy,although I am sick to death of hiding in rubbish bins and wear dark glasses, LOL
Injury happened when his heel and leg went in different directions.

tony_montana

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »
give him as much time as he needs, good thing is he can hit the weights hard while the heel settles down

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »
bad if he has a injury.

i was hoping he would be in the forward line for round 1

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »

Well if he is he knows jackstarshit because he said McGuane wouldn't play and then he said he was underdone, well he played and he played very well so........
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"