Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 107687 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »
Troy Taylor a what player  :lol mythical walkabout champion. may he break his neck  ;D
would have flourished at hawthorn.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #1126 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
Over hyped and over rated talent, couldn't kick

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1127 on: April 07, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »
Over hyped and over rated talent, couldn't kick
you'll never know..... They might have bought him a house & he may have been a star. Who knows? 

My point is the tigers have a terrible record and our only indigenous player in Edwards isn't much loved on this forum. I for one hope this changes in the future. I would love to see some indigenous stars in the yellow & Black.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1128 on: April 07, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »
Mr Tigra, you must been on pilgrimage when the shitstorm broke over Matt Rendells comments.

He was trying to make a point about the high attrition rate of indinginous players, and he didnt mention Richmond specifically.

Of the player you mentions in your eariler post;

Rioli attended boarding school prior to being drafted.

Betts went through a scholarship program before being drafted

yarran was playing senior footy in WA and gartlett was also playinng at a WAFL club.

They all had stepping stones , so to speak rather just being taken from a remote community and thrown into the deep end of AFL football, which again comes back to what rendell wanted to be set up.

Taylor was bought up within the system, so to speak. His mother was a school teacher and he lived in Darwin. He was just an eff up who didn't have the discipline required, just as many before him and I'm sure many still to come. His heritage played no part in his problems.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1129 on: April 07, 2012, 11:38:30 PM »
Troy Taylor is now going to be playing in the Hume Football League (Albury region) for Walla Walla Hoppers ...

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=0-1039-0-0-0&sID=61063&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=18877881

Delisted Richmond excitement machine Troy Taylor will weave his magic with Hume Football League club Walla this season.

Only six months after being cut from the AFL club's list, Taylor trained trained with the Hoppers on Tuesday night and will be rushed into the Hoppers' team to play Osborne at Walla tomorrow.

His signing came about through contacts of Walla coach Merv Neagle who spent time at the helm of Northern Territory club St Marys.

Taylor, 20, said yesterday he was looking forward to helping the Hoppers back up the ladder.

"It's good to get here," Taylor said.

"I trained the other night and it's good."

Taylor played four matches in two tumultuous seasons at Punt Road after being picked up by Richmond in the fourth round of the 2009 draft.

He twice walked out on the Tigers, citing homesickness, before coach Damien Hardwick delisted him last October.

Taylor returned to the Northern Territory late last year and played seven matches for Wanderers as they charged into the preliminary final before bowing out of the premiership race with a 52-point loss to Nightcliff.

He has been joined at Walla by fellow Wanderers player Brentley Moreen, while at least two other NT players are poised to join the club soon.

Walla is confident of climbing serveral rungs up the ladder with the signing of Taylor, Moreen and Merbein key position player Brody Harris.

The club collected last year's wooden spoon.
According to sporting pulse
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=123714803&c=1-1039-0-209915-0&pool=1
Troy didnt play today
  1QG 1QB Q1PTS 2QG 2QB Q2PTS 3QG 3QG Q3PTS 4QG 4QB PTS
Walla 2 0 12 2 0 12 4 3 27 5 3 33
Osborne 4 3 27 11 10 76 15 11 101 21 17 143

Walla
Goal Kickers: B. Harris 3, J. MURRAY 2
Best Players: D. Spicer, A. Wood, J. QUINLIVAN, J. Hills, M. WHITE, G. Webb Osborne
Goal Kickers: D. McAlister 4, T. Perczyk 4, L. Schneider 2, R. Muggivan 2, N. O''Connell 2, L. Adams 2, J. Kennedy , S. Creasy , M. BAHR , L. Heyme , S. CROWHURST
Best Players: S. CROWHURST, R. Muggivan, J. Kennedy, N. O''Connell, M. BAHR, A. CLARKE

Walla Player Name G BST
Guy Webb 0 6
Martin White 0 5
Jarrod Hills 0 4
Jayden Quinlivan 0 3
Andrew Wood 0 2
Damien Spicer 0 1
Bradley Wooten 0 0
Scott Brunnenmeyer 0 0
Ashley Paech 0 0
Brad Webb 0 0
Darren Lieschke 0 0