Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 108556 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #1110 on: April 07, 2012, 01:59:40 AM »
I would like to know why we can't draft 1 decent indigenous player yet me must watch Carlscum flourish with the likes of Betts, Yarran, Gartlett & I think Walker. Hawthorn with Franklin & Rioli (why isn't he playing with us?)
Other clubs seem to be able to pick, develope & keep great indigenous players but we always seem to have trouble in this area despite having the new indigenous center right in our building.
I want answers & I want to know what the club is doing about it. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1111 on: April 07, 2012, 08:10:20 AM »
Rioli was pick 12 in 2007. I'm happy with Cotchin who was our pick prior to Rioli.

Hawthorns 1st indigenous recruit was Chance Bateman (I think).
It changes pretty quickly and can be attributed to luck as much as anything.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1112 on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
Luck :lol :rollin
You would have to be joking
Clubs have to do a lot of "homework " then have the support structure
Some clubs do it well.some don't

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1113 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:19 AM »
its a reasonable question tigra but also ridiculous, it has no more or less relevance than why havent we got more players of european descent on our list or even asian. Ive got a good idea, hold the prejudice and simply go after BEST available talent...now thats novel :shh
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:01:56 AM by bojangles17 »
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1114 on: April 07, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
Luck :lol :rollin
You would have to be joking
Clubs have to do a lot of "homework " then have the support structure
Some clubs do it well.some don't

So are you saying this homework and support structure made Cyril and Buddy the players they are today?

If so, why did Carl Peterson get de-listed?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1115 on: April 07, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
Cyril was attending a private school in Melbourne at the age of 14

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1116 on: April 07, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Carl was never going to make it as a long career player sorry to say

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1117 on: April 07, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
And my mail on Buddy is that he cannot sneeze these days without the club knowing about
It's all about protecting your assests

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1118 on: April 07, 2012, 12:12:10 PM »
And my mail on Buddy is that he cannot sneeze these days without the club knowing about
It's all about protecting your assests

So Buddy doesn't make it at Richmond because we don't have private investigators?
It's that simple Spud

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1119 on: April 07, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
its a reasonable question tigra but also ridiculous, it has no more or less relevance than why havent we got more players of european descent on our list or even asian. Ive got a good idea, hold the prejudice and simply go after BEST available talent...now thats novel :shh
look I know that you should pick the best available but it may include an indigenous players but what it looks like to me is that we have trouble in two areas when it comes to this issue. We can't develop properly and we don't have the right support network as to keep them happy so they want to stay and flourish. I don't see the same issues at Essendon, Sydney, carlscum, hawthorn & collingwood.
If u want to be a great club I think it's important to be the best in all aspects.
And let's face it the indigenous boys are exciting when they are at their peek it's exciting for footy the club  & exciting for the footy public. It's what brings people thru the gates. I would love see it at Richmond.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1120 on: April 07, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
it an interesting question, do we have a problem in managing the indigineous players we draft or are we simply drafting players that aren't cut out to make it at an elite level...Id suggest the latter considering just how far these lads have to come to become professional footballers. Im not sure we need to diver resources to address this other than continue to focus on best talent, if they are indigineous then so be it , if not then so be it also :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1121 on: April 07, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
True BJ. Not sure how much more we could have done to get the likes of RT and TT to play good footy. 

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1122 on: April 07, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
Generally our picks are later in the draft too which adds to the chances of them not making it. Most that make it are picked up quite high because they arnt at greater risk of leaving.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1123 on: April 07, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »
Troy Taylor a what player  :lol mythical walkabout champion. may he break his neck  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1124 on: April 07, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Cyril was attending a private school in Melbourne at the age of 14

exactly. was accustomed to the melbourne lifestyle from a very early age.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.