Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118487 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers stick with Centralian recruit Troy Taylor (NT News)
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2010, 02:36:20 AM »
Tigers stick with Centralian recruit Taylor
By SAM EDMUND in Melbourne
FRI 29 JAN 2010, Page 046

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says he is willing to give Troy Taylor a second chance, with the troubled indigenous recruit still under police investigation for assault.

Taylor, who was placed on a good behaviour bond in 2008 for his part in a service station robbery and has served time in youth detention centres for other incidents, stands accused of injuring three men at a street party in Alice Springs on New Year's Eve.

The 18-year-old (pictured), who was taken by the Tigers with pick 51 in the 2009 national draft, will have to return to the Northern Territory if he is charged and ordered to face court.

But Hardwick said yesterday that the club would stand by the player.

``He's an exceptional talent, Troy,'' Hardwick said. ``Richmond is probably known as one of the clubs who give those sort of players a second chance.

``As a kid we all make mistakes and Troy admits that.

``He is willing to accept the consequences of his actions, but he's a player we think we can have an enormous future with.''

Hardwick also admitted he was caught off guard by the retirement of club great Matthew Richardson in November, barely two months after he took the coaching job.

Asked if he was expecting Richardson to call it quits, Hardwick said: ``No, it was a sad day, not only for Richmond but the AFL in general.

``He's one of those guys we all love watching and I would have loved to have coached. We did gather wind that something wasn't right with him. He did probably withdraw himself a little bit and he was a little bit concerned so it was a disappointing day, no doubt.''

Ox

Re: Tiger Troy Taylor accused of NYE assault (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2010, 03:18:46 AM »
Richo did us all proud.
Thanks Matty.

the claw

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »
And here i was thinking we had already given him a second chance by taking him in the ND.
I think Hardwick meant we will give him his third and final chance surely.

I wonder if he was so talented would he be out the door.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
And here i was thinking we had already given him a second chance by taking him in the ND.
I think Hardwick meant we will give him his third and final chance surely.

I wonder if he was so talented would he be out the door.

if wasnt a top shelf talent he wouldnt have been drafted at all.

Super talented kids always have more opportunities the list of examples is endless

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
might as well have gone for Fev in that case.

The kid is an idiot weather or not he can play. Send him back to where he came from i say
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2010, 01:17:35 PM »

The kid is an idiot weather or not he can play. Send him back to where he came from i say

The word is "whether" not "weather" FFS.

Can we send you back as well?

:wallywink

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »

The word is "whether" not "weather" FFS.

Can we send you back as well?

:wallywink

weather, whether, care facter, care factor
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
If he plays in his first match at some point in the season and kicks 2 or 3 half you blokes will be calling him our next champion. Give the boy a chance. The story as given by the other mob had so many holes in it it could have passed for a siv.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2010, 02:13:11 PM »
a fev comparison?? please...
an alledged indiscretion and you want the "idiot" kid to go back to "where he came from"?

i wonder if you can see whats wrong with that thought pattern?

Talented or not everyone has a right to the innocent till proven guilty system, even more so when it is written in a newspaper, during the offseason. Hope the kid comes out of it all in a position to improve himself and do the yellow and black proud.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »
If he plays in his first match at some point in the season and kicks 2 or 3 half you blokes will be calling him our next champion. Give the boy a chance. The story as given by the other mob had so many holes in it it could have passed for a siv.

Well said Ramps. What a joke.

Huge opinions on someone you don't even know and basing it on a bunch of here-say from a Herald Sun beat up.

Sort it out. Its been nearly a month with no charges laid. Lets move on and let him play footy.
Go Tigers!

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
a fev comparison?? please...
an alledged indiscretion and you want the "idiot" kid to go back to "where he came from"?

i wonder if you can see whats wrong with that thought pattern?

Talented or not everyone has a right to the innocent till proven guilty system, even more so when it is written in a newspaper, during the offseason. Hope the kid comes out of it all in a position to improve himself and do the yellow and black proud.

I totally agree cranny,
I was involved in an incident last April just after Barry Hall belted Brent Staker.  As a first Aider for one of the local rugby teams I was running onto attend an injured player when a small altercation broke out between the two teams.  As a result of the Referee trying to regain control of the game I was red carded.  All proper reports were forwarded to the VRU but they decided that nothing more should come of it as both me and the ref were doing what we were meant to be doing.  During the next week one of the fathers from my team called me and said I should turn to " A local radio station" they were talking about the B Hall incident then proceeded to say that it was happening in local competitions also saying a father ran onto the field and started the brawl. The father that called me rang the station to get the correct message across. Needles to say, although he spoke to the DJ it wasn’t played on air.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »
I'm no saint and couldn't give a shyt what this kid did new years eve but i think it's safe to say he is an idiot!
The kid gets drafted and a month after crashes a party and whacks some old bloke. I know no chargers have been layed but the way DH was speaking he has made some sort of mistake.
He held up a service station for f@#ks sake!!
I know we took a chance on Cuz last year but that was with a bloke who had won a Brownlow and been a captain of a club, where this time we have taken a chance on a kid that is 18 years old and already spent time inside a correction centre.
All i hope is he can get a kick and keep his head out of trouble. He owes a lot to the RFC already for even taking that chance on him. This club does not need any reason to be in the papers this year other than to say we are improving.
I hope that DH makes an example of any player that does not do what is best for the team and club this year. It's time this club was seen as more than just a joke!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2010, 06:38:20 PM »
Kid is young.

Who on here has not gatecrashed a party at 18?

Ok many of us have not got priors with the cops either but the kid is 18.

Give the kid a chance. With the way Damian Hardwick is and his no frills attitude I am sure this kid will be back in the desert soon if one or more incidents occur.

Furthermore the Hun newspaper is about as scurrilous as they come.
The term mountains and mould hills comes to mind.

the claw

« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
im looking forward to him playing rnd 1. but that still doesnt make him any less of a idiot  and idiot.

he couldnt even keep out of trouble for 5 minutes after nearly getting time. what this says about him i will leave for others to determine for themselves. but for me he is a idiot  with no brains and probably little respect for anyone or anything.

it also has me asking has he the discipline and work ethic to play afl.and it has me asking how likely is this sort of thing going  to happen again

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »
I'm no saint and couldn't give a shyt what this kid did new years eve but i think it's safe to say he is an idiot!
The kid gets drafted and a month after crashes a party and whacks some old bloke.

Let's not forget it was a STREET party - not quite sure how you gate crash a street party.

"Whacks some old bloke" - ease up there I am not quite sure 3 fully grown men (remember the bloke speaking to the press said Taylor allegedly "whacked" or assulted not 1 but a total 3 blokes) aged between 38 and late 40's qualifies as "old". 

As I posted when I first read the article there are so many holes in the story it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

There are 2 sides to this story and so far we've heard one side. Fortunately, unlike the bloke who spoke to the press (which btw appears to be a way to cover his own backside) Taylor has wisely said nothing while the investigation takes it course.

I know no chargers have been layed but the way DH was speaking he has made some sort of mistake.
He held up a service station for f@#ks sake!!

That's interesting because I didn't take it mean he was specifically talking about New Years but about the service station thing as well.

All i hope is he can get a kick and keep his head out of trouble. He owes a lot to the RFC already for even taking that chance on him. This club does not need any reason to be in the papers this year other than to say we are improving. I hope that DH makes an example of any player that does not do what is best for the team and club this year. It's time this club was seen as more than just a joke!

I think he knows he owes the RFC and I reckon he is worth the punt, just like every other kid we've taken in the draft
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)