Author Topic: Breaking news  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Breaking news
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 02:37:34 AM »
Schwab and Macek should be very carefull here because if they are seen as activly suppressing Rex from trying to get on the board (even if they are right)  then It could back fire on them big time. Rex is very well liked by the supporters.

Rex accused Schwab's side of running to Caro to dob him in. Said he accepted what the constitution says but basically called the alternative gutless for not contacting him to tell him he wasn't a member.

Shows that neither side should be running come this election

1. we have president who doesnt even know the constitution of his own club, a disgrace, amazing how 8 grand a year isnt consider the same worth as 140 bucks, that absolutely is amazing.

2. we have an alternative ticket too gutless to tell Rex face to face just in case it is seen by Richmond members as an attempt to sink a favourite son (which we all no it was) Macek ticket are a bunch of weak snipers with no balls with no vision.

I'm very disappointed that Rex cant run, because he could have been huge value to our club but once again our infighting amongst big headed w@nkers has shot ourselves in the foot, after this mess if the alternative ticket gets in which it will happen because Casey is a moron dont expect Rex Hunt to ever put his hand up again

we are a rabble and as long as these clowns cant sort out their obvious personal vendettas against each other this will always stay the same.

Funny thing is now the alternative ticket have pi$$ed off Rex and obviously Wallace isnt in favour of the ticket either otherwise he wouldnt have asked Casey to get Rex on board.

our club is a JOKE

« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 02:40:09 AM by Puntroadroar »
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 02:57:13 AM »
Sadly a fair summary there PRR  :'(. Sheesh, we here on OER could do a better job!

amazing how 8 grand a year isnt consider the same worth as 140 bucks, that absolutely is amazing.

The AFL a few years ago cracked down on Clubs falsely boosting their memberships numbers by including coterie memberships in total membership numbers when these coterie members were also and already Club members. Now coterie memberships don't count. Rex obviously didn't know this.

It is amazing that a dual premiership 100+ game player, coterie member, Tom Hafey club member, etc and passionate Tiger supporter isn't allowed to vote or run for the board. But I'd guess rules are rules and they should've been well aware of it.

Both sides are quite happy to change/bypass the rules to suit their own agenda  >:(.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 10:24:31 AM »
Why the stuff isn't someone that's a coterie member, someone who contributes 100's of dollars, not considered a member ?  This doesn't make sense. 

All of a sudden everyone wants to ride on the Terry express.  Where was everyone (including Rex) 2 years ago when it was obvious to all that this club was going down quicker than a cheap hooker.  Oh yeah, forgot, they were all too busy with other commitments.  But now that the Terry express is departing from Flinders street station everyone wants to get on board to enjoy the ride.  When there was a chance to prevent the preventable, everyone was hiding under the covers.  All involved have no credibility if you ask me.  From the current incompetent board to the gutless alternatives.  Can we go boardless and let Terry and Chocco run the show ?  That's what I would vote for if it was a choice.  They're all a bunch of paper shufflers who have no idea about football and want to be a part of the club only when it suits them, only when the infrustructure and foundations have been set for finals glory resulting in them eventually patting each other on the back claiming credit for it all.

I don't know, I might sound a bit synical but I just find it amazing how so many people have come out of the woodworks all of a sudden and want to join the board after the crucial changes have been made, whereas a few years ago, when we really needed change no-one was putting their hand up.  Could it be that all want to bask in the glory ?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 10:35:54 AM by Harry Hedgehog »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2004, 11:28:04 AM »
And another thing (I'm getting sick of this) is that the gutless alternatives go running to the media with the fact that Rex isn't a member despite the fact that they also had approached him in a bid to lure him to join them.  Wonder if they bothered to check whether he was a member before approaching him.  Had he agreed then they would have looked foolish just like Caseys mob do now.

It's becoming so childish, reminds me of high school.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 11:39:46 AM »
All good points Harry.  In fairness to Rex though, he has only recently cleared some commitments that now make it possible for him to take on more of a role at the Club.

As incompetent as the current Board may be or seem, the alternative is and never will be a viable alternative.  And it may turn out that we have to decide between the two.

Love or hate Casey, he is the one person that has got up off his backside and done something to get RFC going again.  To do that, he and whoever else is involved, had to acknowledge what and where the problems are and then set out to do something about them.  The appointment of Miller alone has resulted in some much needed changes, as he is someone who realises that a long-term approach to changing things is necessary and is prepared to do whatever it takes to change them.

Anyone who knows and understands the Richmond history will know that previous administrations weren’t even prepared to accept that we had problems.  They were content to sit back and say things are “fine”.  “There’s nothing wrong here” type attitude.  Or maybe they just didn’t know how to go about changing them or weren’t prepared to.

At least Casey has had enough ticker to shake things up and get some action into the place.  The only other person to do that was Mal Brown in about 1994.  God forbid though, that someone should attempt to change anything and perhaps make a mistake in the process.  We all know what happens to anyone who does that at this Club.

Maybe Casey isn’t the ideal President, but if it’s a decision between Casey and Macek then I’ll take my chances with those who are prepared to see there are problems and can and will do something about them.  Unlike those before him.

From their attitude, the things they say and everything else about them, the alternatives, can only clearly send us backwards at a rate of knots.

The fact they are buoyed by an oversight and believe that it gives them credibility (which they never had before), says it all.  They must have sore hands from all the high fives they’ve been giving each other since yesterday.  Truth is, if they are prepared to see it, which I doubt, is that they have about as much credibility as they had on Wednesday.  NONE.

They speak about democracy when they wanted to take over the place.  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead They speak about the times pre Casey when we were financial and competitive as a team.

Maybe they’ve just woken up from a 20 year slumber or something.  Or maybe they’re still asleep, which would explain some things.  When they finally wake up, they might like to count the numbers of times we made the finals during their time at the Club versus the drubbings we copped.  They’ll need to take the socks and shoes off for that one (counting the drubbings that is).

As embarrassing as this might be, it’s hardly end of the world stuff and it seems that the news got out before things had been finalised and fully decided.  When the dust settles and we all regain our composure, we’ll see that, if Rex is still prepared to be involved with the Club, he could still take on a role and become a Director down the track.  Even before an election is held next year.  Just as other Directors have, without election.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 12:20:58 PM »
And another thing (I'm getting sick of this) is that the gutless alternatives go running to the media with the fact that Rex isn't a member despite the fact that they also had approached him in a bid to lure him to join them.  Wonder if they bothered to check whether he was a member before approaching him.  Had he agreed then they would have looked foolish just like Caseys mob do now.

It's becoming so childish, reminds me of high school.

I totally agree 100% with your comments Harry, I too am sick to death of these clowns using Richmond for the basis of their personal vendettas against each other.

None of them are in it for the supporters they are all in it for themselves.

If I could vote a 3rd option of Wallace and Chocco I would.

None of the candidates are worthy of being on the Richmond board !!!  >:(

I'm so angry
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2004, 03:59:57 PM »
Why the stuff isn't someone that's a coterie member, someone who contributes 100's of dollars, not considered a member ?  This doesn't make sense.

See my previous post Harry. Apparently the rules were changed by the AFL to stop Clubs inflating their membership numbers. They should have made it that any individual who has at least one or more forms of Club, coterie group membership, etc... count as one member in the records and hence has voting rights. Instead they said you needed to buy a Club membership even if you fork out $$$ to the Club in other ways. 

Problem is prior to this season we as a Club were still kidding ourselves that we weren't far away. There were always excuses for why we kept failing. No one had a clue how to solve our ills because as TS rightly mentioned no one admitted their was a real problem and that problem was we were crap at virtually every level of the Club especially the all important on-field side. It was only this year when we ran out of excuses on the back of a wooden spoon and a $2 million loss that the alarm bells (or should that be clock) finally and thankfully went off and we awoke from 20+ years of delusion. If 2004 wasn't such a disaster most of the those around the Club would still be fooling themselves. They had to see the rotting carcas for themselves to believe we were scheissenhausen  ;).

My reasoning for these people only putting their hands up now is because the unpopular decisions have already been made. Like when most things are sick you need to take a step backwards to rebuild the foundations before moving forward. We needed someone to come in and say "I'm not here to be popular" and take and ignore the flack that came their way from interferring morons who have plagued our Club. The main unpopular decision was forcing stability on the Club even if it meant in the short term we looked stupid (eg: Spud seeing out his contract to the bitter end). Now when such a hardline stance pays off with Wallace coming to Tigerland and the Club building some momentum ( thanks mainly to Miller), these people now want to join the party. With all the important decision making being done below board level it wouldn't be that hard being on the RFC board in 2005 and beyond. Just get use to saying "Yes Mr Miller, Yes Mr Wallace, Yes Mr Wright. Whatever you say. You are the experts".

Stability is the Key to Success - Greg Miller  :thumbsup
As for the Rex stuff up. I agree that it's not the end of the world. Might dint some of the momentum we had because people's expectations were risen to unbelievable levels on hearing Rex wanting to become a board member but the reality is we are back to where we were 2 days ago when we were still all happy about the Tiges future prospects. It's embarrassing but the Club needs to continue to remain focussed and keep moving forward.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2004, 04:09:35 PM »
Just add that I heard on the radio this morning Rex saying he wouldn't want someone to play dead at the election so he could take their spot afterwards.

I agree with him. Elections aren't play things for either side to manipulate to suit themselves.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2004, 05:05:38 PM »

See my previous post Harry. Apparently the rules were changed by the AFL to stop Clubs inflating their membership numbers. They should have made it that any individual who has at least one or more forms of Club, coterie group membership, etc... count as one member in the records and hence has voting rights. Instead they said you needed to buy a Club membership even if you fork out $$$ to the Club in other ways. 

Problem is prior to this season we as a Club were still kidding ourselves that we weren't far away. There were always excuses for why we kept failing. No one had a clue how to solve our ills because as TS rightly mentioned no one admitted their was a real problem and that problem was we were crap at virtually every level of the Club especially the all important on-field side. It was only this year when we ran out of excuses on the back of a wooden spoon and a $2 million loss that the alarm bells (or should that be clock) finally and thankfully went off and we awoke from 20+ years of delusion. If 2004 wasn't such a disaster most of the those around the Club would still be fooling themselves. They had to see the rotting carcas for themselves to believe we were scheissenhausen  ;).

My reasoning for these people only putting their hands up now is because the unpopular decisions have already been made. Like when most things are sick you need to take a step backwards to rebuild the foundations before moving forward. We needed someone to come in and say "I'm not here to be popular" and take and ignore the flack that came their way from interferring morons who have plagued our Club. The main unpopular decision was forcing stability on the Club even if it meant in the short term we looked stupid (eg: Spud seeing out his contract to the bitter end). Now when such a hardline stance pays off with Wallace coming to Tigerland and the Club building some momentum ( thanks mainly to Miller), these people now want to join the party. With all the important decision making being done below board level it wouldn't be that hard being on the RFC board in 2005 and beyond. Just get use to saying "Yes Mr Miller, Yes Mr Wallace, Yes Mr Wright. Whatever you say. You are the experts".

Stability is the Key to Success - Greg Miller  :thumbsup
As for the Rex stuff up. I agree that it's not the end of the world. Might dint some of the momentum we had because people's expectations were risen to unbelievable levels on hearing Rex wanting to become a board member but the reality is we are back to where we were 2 days ago when we were still all happy about the Tiges future prospects. It's embarrassing but the Club needs to continue to remain focussed and keep moving forward.

Agree 100% MT.

The main decisions have already been made and the elected board members will enjoy the ride without requiring to make the unpopular decisions.  As I've said - it's a non-event this election thing as the decision makers elected won't have much of a bearing to our immediate future direction.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004, 05:07:54 PM »

Sounds like common sense MT.  This doesn’t need to dint any momentum at all.  It may have been enough to do so in the past, but with the approach taken by the Club, in recent times, and with the people there now, who are prepared to act, rather than sit on their hands and do nothing, it’s nothing more than a speed hump in the road.  Nothing that isn’t easily overcome and hardly a big deal, in the overall scheme of things.  Unless people decide it is.  

It’s just typical of this footy Club to chew up and spit out those who make a blunder.  Never mind if they are trying to implement change and doing the hard yards that no one before them was prepared to do.  Instead of seeing what is going on, people are consumed by an amount of embarrassment that will be forgotten tomorrow.

Let’s get beyond what happened and see the efforts being made to turn things around for this footy Club.  Efforts that haven’t been made in the past and would never have even been considered.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 10:46:16 AM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 05:52:02 PM »
[The main decisions have already been made and the elected board members will enjoy the ride without requiring to make the unpopular decisions.  As I've said - it's a non-event this election thing as the decision makers elected won't have much of a bearing to our immediate future direction.

Agree harry provided no one on the 2005 board starts thinking they know better and begins meddling and stuffing things up when instead they should keep out. The board appoints our Club employees to do a particular job. It shouldn't tell them how to do it.   

Agree TS. It's quite amazing that certain people who claim to be passionate Richmond people can rejoice about a situation that finds someone who can help the Club immensely ineligible ::). They wish the Club to fail to boost their chances for power over the Club >:(.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 05:58:54 PM by mightytiges »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 11:00:18 PM »
Rex accused Schwab's side of running to Caro to dob him in. Said he accepted what the constitution says but basically called the alternative gutless for not contacting him to tell him he wasn't a member.

The alternative ticket using Caro - well I never  :o ::) :gobdrop

Rex seems to be more cynical than me :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
Re: Casey caught by Rex Hunt line
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 11:09:52 PM »
Casey caught by Rex Hunt line
19 November 2004   
Herald Sun
Damian Barrett

"I will sit down with my board to sort this out."

Surprised this hasn't been picked up on , especially in light of the criticsm of a certain other person who made a similar comment...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Membership oversight puts Rex out of Hunt
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 11:27:38 PM »
Hunt, according to Schwab, has not been a financial member in any year since computer records were first kept in 1995.

Can someone please explain to me how Schwab would know this? I would think that the info on the Club's database would be accessable by Club employees only.

Schwab carries on about Casey and Corporate governance well I am sorry this doesn't seem very ethical to me

Macek ticket member Brendan Schwab said the Hunt oversight was damning for Casey. "We feel this highlights the incompetence of Clinton Casey when it comes to corporate governance, financial management and the attention to detail that is required to run a complex business such as an AFL club," Schwab said.

Argh huh - twit

"Clinton has a blase attitude when it comes to corporate governance and, as a result, the club has lost millions of dollars. It highlights how desperate he has become to hold on to power."

I think this shows how desperate the Schwab/Macek ticket has become
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 11:45:35 PM »

Agree harry provided no one on the 2005 board starts thinking they know better and begins meddling and stuffing things up when instead they should keep out. The board appoints our Club employees to do a particular job. It shouldn't tell them how to do it.   

Agree TS. It's quite amazing that certain people who claim to be passionate Richmond people can rejoice about a situation that finds someone who can help the Club immensely ineligible ::). They wish the Club to fail to boost their chances for power over the Club >:(.

That goes both ways , paid employees of the club shouldn't be going around to people homes and trying to convince them to stand for the board.

btw who is rejoicing about it?????