Author Topic: Mike and Healy want Richmond to recruit 24-28 year olds  (Read 3429 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mike and Healy want Richmond to recruit 24-28 year olds
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »
Mike Sheahan and Gerard Healy on 3aw reckon we (and Melbourne) need to recruit 24-28 year olds to get our spirit and competitiveness up.

:help

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Mike and Healy want Richmond to recruit 24-28 year olds
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »
it's not the silliest thing Ive heard, depending on how Bris go this year it may set a precedent in the modern era in bolstering a battling saides stocks :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:12:27 PM »
Mike Sheahan and Gerard Healy on 3aw reckon we (and Melbourne) need to recruit 24-28 year olds to get our spirit and competitiveness up.

:help

Would believe this 100% correct :thumbsup

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »
how would they suggest we do that with the new teams coming up?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but is the recruitment of 24-28 year olds called taking a "short cut".
Unleash the tornado

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
short term fix that may not even work...to leave us right where we are now in a few years time?
Lots of people name their swords......

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:07:45 PM »
we are like an Ocean Crusier , without a captain, with out a Navigator and we are just doing laps of Port Phillip Bay.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
we are like an Ocean Crusier , without a captain, with out a Navigator and we are just doing laps of Port Phillip Bay.

Jack...what mature players would target from other clubs ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »
Idiotic idea , of course if we did this we would be trashed a few years later for "short term fix" by these same people..

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

Nathan Brown, Troy Simmonds, Jordy, Kane Johnston and they were supposedly the good ones.
Won't go into all the others-Luke wellar, Craig Biddoscombe, Trent Knobel, Rory Hilton, Tim Fleming, Simon Fletcher, Steven Sziller, Adam Houlihan, Ben Marsh, Billy Nicolls etc

Has it worked?
No
do we try to build from ground up with untried players?
I reckon.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »
Stupid, its the reason we are in such a mess - suck it up theres going to be some real pain before we improve.

I cant believe we haven't  all learned from 30 years of recruiting rejects which have a success rate of about 10%

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »

Jack...what mature players would target from other clubs ?

And what would they want in return?
And what about Melbourne too Mike? Abandon the rebuild now?

We need to persist with the plan of rebuilding and not take short cuts and deviate from it.
There is no guarantee of success with picking up mature age recruits and furthermore the Brissy model has some superstars in it already in Brown, Black, Power we don't have any and there is guarantee of success for Brisabne either. In our case let the rebuild continue.

tony_montana

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
I'm telling ya these guys are having a lend of all of us ::) they're the puppet masters and they are pulling the strings. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Over the past 5 years richmond has been consistently ridiculed by these very same ar.seclowns saying how poor we were to take shortcuts whilst teams like hawthorn and carlton stocked up on young talent in the draft and now they are advocating the very thing they used to ridicule us publicly for????? FFS..... now I've heard it all

go stuff yourselves!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 10:06:22 PM »
I'm telling ya these guys are having a lend of all of us ::) they're the puppet masters and they are pulling the strings. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Over the past 5 years richmond has been consistently ridiculed by these very same behindclowns saying how poor we were to take shortcuts whilst teams like hawthorn and carlton stocked up on young talent in the draft and now they are advocating the very thing they used to ridicule us publicly for????? FFS..... now I've heard it all

go eff yourselves!

Brilliant post, it is exactly what they are trying to do. they and others like them will do everything they can in order to derail us from our plan. We are building from the ground up, if we've got no god damn leaders then we better damn well make some out of what we got. Recruit kids, develop them, turn them into leaders, rinse, repeat.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
ive read and heard a lot of reports but this is up there with the worst.

Yes lets recruit old hacks again that cant get a game elsewhere shall we.

Its exactly what has put us in this mess to begin with.

How about spend more money on development and more recruiters travelling around the globe so we pick up and develop the right kid through the draft.

If we play the draft right by trading players like Jackson, newman i believe we have a chance to good more picks.

we need to be smart here not take short cuts like those fu.kwits Terry and Spud did,
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.