Author Topic: What the hell could the recruiters be thinking  (Read 5554 times)

Ramps

Re: What the hell could the recruiters be thinking
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 09:26:26 PM »
webster and gary coleman  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »
hicks was the only really small player drafted, the likes of dea, contin, roberts, martin all have size about them..Nason looks to have a frame that will fill out...heck tambling has, even edwards is bigger

Hardwick is not at fault its all the tanned one's doing, but Hardwick should stop playing these midgets and find bigger bodies who can play.

If it's all Wallaces fault as you say who was there when Hicks, Nason and Farmer were recruited this year??? Surley with King, Edwards and Nahas at the club the new regime should have looked at taller players.

There is going to come a time soon when Wallace can be blamed no more. That will come at the end of the year if Hardwick hangs on to all of the above players with the exception of Nason who I believe will offer something.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:29:01 AM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
hicks was the only really small player drafted, the likes of dea, contin, roberts, martin all have size about them..Nason looks to have a frame that will fill out...heck tambling has, even edwards is bigger

Edwards Tambling think we all seen enough of them
decision makers not

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 12:28:17 AM »

If it's all Wallaces fault as you say who was there when Contin, Nason and Farmer were recruited this year??? Surley with King, Edwards and Nahas at the club the new regime should have looked at taller players.

There is going to come a time soon when Wallace can be blamed no more. That will come at the end of the year if Hardwick hangs on to all of the above players with the exception of Nason who I believe will offer something.

Hardwick had nothing to do with the players traded, delisted or drafted over the summer. At the most his opinion of the list and player type he wanted may have been included in draft selections.

The tradings and delistings were done by Campbell and Cameron, as were contract extensions. The drafting was done by Jackson under instructions from Cameron and Campbell according to their idea of what was required.

At the end of the year Hardwick may (and should) have more influence over the list but it will still be Cameron handing out contracts.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 07:58:33 AM »
hicks was the only really small player drafted, the likes of dea, contin, roberts, martin all have size about them..

Well said.

When the likes of Astbury, Dea and Griffiths(who's built like the hulk) come in to the senior team I expect these whinging threads to fade out.

We also have Gourdis, Rance & Graham at Coburg in terms of muscle if that's what some are after, unfortunately it looks like they aren't up to it in terms of skill.

My only regret atm is that we didn't bring another ruckman onto the rookie list last season once Patto departed. I understand that we needed to strengthen the small forward category but when I look at our ruck division it's extremely light on now that it's apparent Simmonds is not up to it.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 08:22:35 AM »
Last year's draft was very thin for decent ruckmen and that's highlighted by the fact that hardly any were picked up. I thought Max Gawn slipping down the order may have been worth considering though.

For list balance purposes I also don't mine not taking another ruckman last year, ideally you will have 4-5 ruckmen on your list, all at varying stages of development. For example, an older #1 ruckman, a mid-20 year old ruckman as #2, a junior developing ruckman and a speculative rookie ruckman fresh from the draft.

The thing I like about taking Vickery as a top pick, is that from now on we don't need to use multiple 2nd & 3rd rounders on rucks who are just as likely to not make it. We can take punts on far more speculative types later in the draft. Now hopefully Browne comes on like he shows glimpses of already and we can have a good ruck division with Vickery for the next 10 years. However the trap we can't fall into (again) is forgetting about picking more ruckmen up to start their development along the way. We did this with Ottens, took him at #2, recruited hacks as backup for him, then traded away out top picks in the best draft for years to get Stafford. Now Stafford was good for us and once Ottens left he did a great job, however when he retired the cupboard was very bare.

If only we took Cameron Wood with Pick 16 in 2004, sure he's no world beater, but started playing good football with the Pies at the end of last year and will only get better as he gets older.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 08:54:42 AM »
hicks was the only really small player drafted, the likes of dea, contin, roberts, martin all have size about them..

Well said.

When the likes of Astbury, Dea and Griffiths(who's built like the hulk) come in to the senior team I expect these whinging threads to fade out.

We also have Gourdis, Rance & Graham at Coburg in terms of muscle if that's what some are after, unfortunately it looks like they aren't up to it in terms of skill.

My only regret atm is that we didn't bring another ruckman onto the rookie list last season once Patto departed. I understand that we needed to strengthen the small forward category but when I look at our ruck division it's extremely light on now that it's apparent Simmonds is not up to it.

Fully agree MM, especially the bit I highlighted!  :banghead

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 09:12:30 AM »

Hardwick is not at fault its all the tanned one's doing, but Hardwick should stop playing these midgets and find bigger bodies who can play.

If it's all Wallaces fault as you say who was there when Contin, Nason and Farmer were recruited this year??? Surley with King, Edwards and Nahas at the club the new regime should have looked at taller players.

no your right WAT Wallace the fool is not the only one to blame here. I blame Cameron more. He has singlehandedly recruited a bunch of toothpick Webster lookalikes who cant kick if their life depended on it. He was Millers sidekick when he was around and should have been offloaded when Miller went.

He has made stuff up after stuff up and the RFC deserve better than this clown. For the life of me i dont know why we didnt really and i mean really go after a Balme or Scotty C before GC 17 grabbed him.

We are always too slow and never pro active when it comes to these things.

Cameron is a dud. Before some start whipping out names like Cotchin etc etc i will shoot them down because its not the number 1 picks that make a side its your bottom 10 players and this is where he has failed miserably.

He has to go and Hardwick needs to grow some balls and sack this clown before he screws up again.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
they cant sack him they gave him a 5 year deal :banghead

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »

Contin is 18 years old, over 6ft tall (181cm) and weighs 81kgs already!  He is 1cm shorter than Gary Ablett and Joel Selwood, he is taller than Marc Murphy.  How does he get included in your list?

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 09:39:44 AM »
we can expect a Premiership not in 4 years becuase that will take GC17 and GWS to grow and steal players and smack us around so i am gessing we will have to wait  to we can recruit big boys and by that time Lids will be gone for more money and so will Cotto. so about 2020 ? :(  i think i might have to move to the Dockers as my second favorite team for  awhile

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
we can expect a Premiership not in 4 years becuase that will take GC17 and GWS to grow and steal players and smack us around so i am gessing we will have to wait  to we can recruit big boys and by that time Lids will be gone for more money and so will Cotto. so about 2020 ? :(  i think i might have to move to the Dockers as my second favorite team for  awhile

Makes a mockery of your name doesnt it

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »

Maybe Hardwick already knows that King, Edwards, Nahas do not figure in his future plans and he has already taken steps to bring in new blood to replace them.  He couldn't cull everyone in his first year.  So much knee jerk reaction on this forum it's actually funny to sit back and watch.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »
we can expect a Premiership not in 4 years becuase that will take GC17 and GWS to grow and steal players and smack us around so i am gessing we will have to wait  to we can recruit big boys and by that time Lids will be gone for more money and so will Cotto. so about 2020 ? :(  i think i might have to move to the Dockers as my second favorite team for  awhile

Makes a mockery of your name doesnt it

haha it dose mate... i didnt say change just move for a while .. but im just being a douche i would neva move just wish i could watch my team be great again  :-\

TigerTimeII

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
some of u guys have no idea, Tambling had his best yr last yr and this yr is playing a different role, he has put his body in and been very courageous and shown real hunger and desire for the pill. he will be a gun and is doing ok, he just need better hep orund him

edwards played his best game for us and is shoing real dash out of defence, he also showed great courage

these two players will be much better players in better teams, its not their fault they are in a team full of nuffers, but im not worried as these nuffers will be gone soon

hardwick needs6 or so weeks to sort out the team, our team in round 6-8 will be much different than from rounds 1-4