Author Topic: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions, Sat. May 8  (Read 6984 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg vs Casey Scorpions, Sat. May 8
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
VFL Round 5

Casey Scorpions
(5th) vs Coburg Tigers (11th)

Saturday 8th May @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne

Ressies: 11:00 AM
Seniors:   2:00 PM

Broadcast:

Radio:  Casey Radio  97.7 FM

Internet: http://www.caseyradio.com.au/

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
Re: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions, Sat. May 8
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »
This could be a chance to make some comparisons.
Namely:

Griffiths V's Watts

Although the Dees may think this may be too greater risk.
So Jack will probably be named to face the Doggies Friday night. :)

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the Burgers in my former home town. Be interesting to compare and contrast Jack Watts and Griffiths. Of course i will do some kind of observation type report thing, if anyone wants me to pay particular attention to anyone let me know. Ill try and get there for the reserves too, if i can drag the missus along for two games hahaha.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the Burgers in my former home town. Be interesting to compare and contrast Jack Watts and Griffiths. Of course i will do some kind of observation type report thing, if anyone wants me to pay particular attention to anyone let me know. Ill try and get there for the reserves too, if i can drag the missus along for two games hahaha.

Would love you to keep a close eye on Kahlefeldt, CV.  I have been asking about his performance all season so far but apart from a few snippets no-one has been able to give me much in depth feedback.  He keeps getting mentioned in the bests (just made the interstate train-on squad I believe) and given the effort he went to in trying out with us and then staying on at Coburg, I just have a feeling that he is possibly a player with an attitude that can make it.  He was very highly regarded at the top level up here (QAFL) and is still very young so would appreciate your comments.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »

Would love you to keep a close eye on Kahlefeldt, CV.  I have been asking about his performance all season so far but apart from a few snippets no-one has been able to give me much in depth feedback.  He keeps getting mentioned in the bests (just made the interstate train-on squad I believe) and given the effort he went to in trying out with us and then staying on at Coburg, I just have a feeling that he is possibly a player with an attitude that can make it.  He was very highly regarded at the top level up here (QAFL) and is still very young so would appreciate your comments.

Yep I am with you Smokey, I brought him up as one of the VFL players to watch this year for a draft prospect at the end of the year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Dogga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:59 PM »

I saw him play the other week when we played Box Hill. I was very impressed and thought we was one of our best in the first three quarters. Seemed to go out of the game in the last quarter when the game was on the line.

Let's just say that he was better than many of the current players on our list. But that is my opinion from watching only one game.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »

Griffiths is an obvious one to keep an eye on for us Cranny. But also Gourdis, Contin and O'Reilly.
If you do manage to drag the missus along to both games :lol could you also keep tabs on Grimes and Westhoff?  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg squad vs Casey
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »
Coburg Seniors squad

B:  Farmer      McGuane         Morgan

HB: Connors    Gourdis      Kahlefeldt

C: A. Collins  Webberley      White

HF:  Nahas       Post           Hislop

F:  Griffiths     Morton        Carnell

R: Graham   Thomson    Piuselli

Int (from): Morris, Dennis, O'Rielly, Contin, McMahon, M. Smith, Roberts, Clifton, Browne, Hicks,Jordon, Rayson

Coburg Ressies squad

B:  Morris     W. Smith     Jakobi
HB: Fahey     Bisetto    Kandilakis
C:   Lucin    Cattapan  M. Ambrose
HF:  Hicks    Gestier     Gilligan
F: Westhoff   Lawton   A. Meroli
R:  Dahl    Duhau   Warren
Int: Geary, Saville, P. Ambrose, Fewster, Sardo, Akkus, J. Collins, El Houli

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 04:44:37 AM »
The Age today says Dea isn't playing today for Coburg due to some foot injury.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
Was also stated in the changes on richmondfc.com.au
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »

Some may ask can he have a foot injury if he never kicks the ball :shh :shh  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
Half-time of ressies

Coburg  4.3-27
Casey   4.7-31

Alroy and Westhoff playing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »
Hicks playing ressies too.

Wind not too bad, straight across the ground. Coburg up by 2 points halfway through third qtr.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 01:02:37 PM »
3 late goals to Casey ressies

3/4 time

Coburg   7.4-46
Casey    9.8-62

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »
Coburg ressies going ok. 3 goals up 23 mins 4th qtr. Nice goals to Alroy and Westy. Lawton can play.