Author Topic: Boardroom tickets finalised - Miller to run on Casey's ticket  (Read 25208 times)

froars

Re: Boardroom tickets finalised - Miller to run on Casey's ticket
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 01:50:02 PM »
fair enough we will have to agree to disagree

No, i disagree we have to agree  :rollin

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2004, 02:05:43 PM »
Well whatever faults the alternative may have in make up and execution are
more than made up by Casey and now Miller

Neither side is perfect, but I can live with the mistakes of Casey and Miller because they at least show they are doing something to get this Club back on track.

Unlike the Alternative ticket who don’t seem to have any idea of what the REAL problems are and that any cultural problems need fixing.  So oblivious to it are they that they are running their campaign in the same way we got ourselves in this mess in the first place.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 02:19:41 PM »

This for me is the absolute worst outcome for the RFC.

I could have lived with the members voting Clinton Casey back in, but not now.

Greg Miller does not have the club's best interests at heart. This decision shows that Greg Miller has Clinton Casey and his own best interests at heart. There is a juice bar at stake here. Mark Brayshaw works for Casey today, and I'll bet my membership that so will Greg Miller the day he leaves the RFC.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 02:47:19 PM »
Greg Miller does not have the club's best interests at heart. This decision shows that Greg Miller has Clinton Casey and his own best interests at heart. There is a juice bar at stake here.

Interesting you bring this up 1980, this is one of the things that Miller spoke about this morining (refer to the link I posted regarding Sport927) he said that he a number of rumours and innuendo had got back to him regarding things being financed by Casey - Miller categorically denied this.

As for the juice bar - no Casey involvement :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2004, 02:49:26 PM »
Possibly not , but why?

Would it be a simple case of not thinking the alternative are up to it??

Thinking they’re not up to it?  He wouldn’t be thinking that, he would know they’re not up to it.

Greg Miller is trying to change the whole culture of this footy Club.  The Alternative group is going about this in the very way that he is trying to change.

This ticket has grown legs because of influential coterie groups encouraging them to form this ticket.

Now it’s these influential supporter groups that have helped cause a whole lot of the mess we’ve been in for a lot longer than since Casey has been at this Club.  Problems that have been caused because previous administrations were too ready willing and able to cave in to the wishes of these influential supporter groups (read sack the coach) time and again.

This ticket is doing exactly what we’re trying to get away from, but instead, they are listening to the demands of these groups.  They are not doing this in the interests of all Richmond members, but the same select few who always seem to have more of a say than the resut of us.

If anyone thinks that Miller could work with such a backward thinking and spineless lot, and continue to get this Club moving in the direction we seem to be heading in now then you best think again.  I don’t think so.

You're not Greg Miller are you TS  ;D

Summed it up perfectly  :thumbsup. Until we get rid of this minority group rules RFC culture then forever we will remain in mediocrity.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 03:51:53 PM »
I don't know what to think anymore.  It's all becoming a bit of a  :sleep.

It seems like its our destiny to fail.  Whenever there is a glimpse of sunshine, the dark black clouds come along and ruin everything.  maybe it's not meant to be.

Might aswell give the Hawks back Tambling.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2004, 03:54:53 PM »
It seems like its our destiny to fail.  Whenever there is a glimpse of sunshine, the dark black clouds come along and ruin everything.  maybe it's not meant to be.

Was thinking the same thing myself Harry. We virtually had a month og good news and now :'(

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2004, 03:56:50 PM »
I don't know what to think anymore.  It's all becoming a bit of a  :sleep.

Chin up Harry  :)

The price of freedom is:

Constant alertness and a constant willingness to fight back, there is no other price.

Get as many people to vote as you can, the more people that vote the better decision we will get.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2004, 04:45:57 PM »
Chin up Harry  :)

The price of freedom is:

Constant alertness and a constant willingness to fight back, there is no other price.

Get as many people to vote as you can, the more people that vote the better decision we will get.

Well said RR.

The Club belongs to all of us not just the select few and by a large number of members voting we will show this.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2004, 04:51:31 PM »

The problem with this is the phone and email has been running hot today as my Tiger mates & I discuss this election and I am getting even less work than usual done today  :-[ :-\

:rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Miller gone if Casey loses Tiger control
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2004, 03:25:56 AM »
By Caroline Wilson
The Age
December 2, 2004

Although Greg Miller had not quite spelt out the fact to Terry Wallace before taking his extraordinary stand two days ago, the fact is that he will leave Tigerland should Clinton Casey lose the increasingly dirty battle for control of the Richmond Football Club.

Miller has agreed that his position in the football department would prove untenable under a Charles Macek-led board. The truth is that whatever the result, key positions at the football club would prove untenable either way.

Chief executive Steven Wright's position, for a start, seems impossible to contemplate. How on earth could he over-rule Miller on player contracts and football department budgets, let alone negotiate Miller's salary when Miller is serving on the Richmond board? Already Wright's authority has been undermined given that he instructed Miller to stay out of the board battle.

Wallace, for his part, addressed his new team yesterday and instructed the players to stay away from politics and concentrate on football. Hopefully his edict will prove more successful than Wright's. So torn is the football club that Wallace can only hope the December 22 election will decide a clear winner.

Either way, the coach, who will tonight welcome 50 former players to the club to begin a footballer-mentoring program, will not be attending the annual meeting. Although the move was not deliberate - a family holiday had been booked and could not be changed - this is probably not such a bad thing.

Potential power issues also loom for Paul Armstrong, the club's new football operations manager, whom, we were led to believe, would be taking care of player contracts and administrative football issues while Miller was to run the recruiting department in the Wallace game plan.

Armstrong is a long-time lieutenant of Wallace and clearly Wallace has enjoyed Armstrong's organisational style in the past. But surely Armstrong would be compromised with Miller as football director. In the words of Gerard Healy on 3AW last night, Miller now looms as a Graeme Richmond-style powerbroker at a football club he joined only two years ago.

Miller says it was his decision to run for the board, a decision that has staggered Miller fans and astute industry observers. His timing was impeccable in that it grabbed the headlines away from the release of Macek's election material, endorsed as it was by eight former players including Francis Bourke and Dick Clay. Not to mention the financially damning annual report, posted on the club's website on Tuesday.

There is no reason not to believe him despite the fact Casey has struggled to recruit a high-profile former player to join his ticket. Miller offered his services to the board back in March and did the same at the Kangaroos.

The question no one can answer, however, is why Miller believes that only Casey can continue the momentum both men claim has begun in recent months. Nor can Miller say why the club could not succeed under Macek, who recently returned from overseas but has now hit the campaign trail.

The only valid criticism of the opposing ticket is that four potential directors have been there before, albeit none as president. Miller said he had been distressed by the nasty tactics employed by the Macek ticket.

The Macek ticket, though, would say the tactics have been dirty in their direction, also.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/12/01/1101577552924.html

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Miller gone if Casey loses Tiger control
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2004, 03:42:42 AM »
By Caroline Wilson
The Age
December 2, 2004

Although Greg Miller had not quite spelt out the fact to Terry Wallace before taking his extraordinary stand two days ago, the fact is that he will leave Tigerland should Clinton Casey lose the increasingly dirty battle for control of the Richmond Football Club.

Miller has agreed that his position in the football department would prove untenable under a Charles Macek-led board. The truth is that whatever the result, key positions at the football club would prove untenable either way.

Chief executive Steven Wright's position, for a start, seems impossible to contemplate. How on earth could he over-rule Miller on player contracts and football department budgets, let alone negotiate Miller's salary when Miller is serving on the Richmond board? Already Wright's authority has been undermined given that he instructed Miller to stay out of the board battle.

Wallace, for his part, addressed his new team yesterday and instructed the players to stay away from politics and concentrate on football. Hopefully his edict will prove more successful than Wright's. So torn is the football club that Wallace can only hope the December 22 election will decide a clear winner.

Either way, the coach, who will tonight welcome 50 former players to the club to begin a footballer-mentoring program, will not be attending the annual meeting. Although the move was not deliberate - a family holiday had been booked and could not be changed - this is probably not such a bad thing.

Potential power issues also loom for Paul Armstrong, the club's new football operations manager, whom, we were led to believe, would be taking care of player contracts and administrative football issues while Miller was to run the recruiting department in the Wallace game plan.

Armstrong is a long-time lieutenant of Wallace and clearly Wallace has enjoyed Armstrong's organisational style in the past. But surely Armstrong would be compromised with Miller as football director. In the words of Gerard Healy on 3AW last night, Miller now looms as a Graeme Richmond-style powerbroker at a football club he joined only two years ago.

Miller says it was his decision to run for the board, a decision that has staggered Miller fans and astute industry observers. His timing was impeccable in that it grabbed the headlines away from the release of Macek's election material, endorsed as it was by eight former players including Francis Bourke and Dick Clay. Not to mention the financially damning annual report, posted on the club's website on Tuesday.

There is no reason not to believe him despite the fact Casey has struggled to recruit a high-profile former player to join his ticket. Miller offered his services to the board back in March and did the same at the Kangaroos.

The question no one can answer, however, is why Miller believes that only Casey can continue the momentum both men claim has begun in recent months. Nor can Miller say why the club could not succeed under Macek, who recently returned from overseas but has now hit the campaign trail.

The only valid criticism of the opposing ticket is that four potential directors have been there before, albeit none as president. Miller said he had been distressed by the nasty tactics employed by the Macek ticket.

The Macek ticket, though, would say the tactics have been dirty in their direction, also.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/12/01/1101577552924.html

What a hatchet job this article is, full of doom gloom and chaos that isn't even real in actuality.

Wallace did know what Miller was doing.
Miller has out lined his reasons for not wanting to stay if the alternatives get up (and believe me they are valid)
It was a personal integrity call by Miller to stand for the board so I can't see how Wright can actually stand in the way of that nor would he want to.
The situation in the club right now is actually very stable, all the so called instability is actually being created from exterior sources, the guys inside the club Know exactly what they are doing.
There is no way Armstrong is compromised by Greg Miller this is absolute horsepoo.

Mrs Wilson here is the only one that is confused.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2004, 03:57:36 AM »
Well said RR. More negativity from Caro and the alternative  :banghead

Already Wright's authority has been undermined given that he instructed Miller to stay out of the board battle.

He has the blessing of Wright and Wallace  ::)

Miller now looms as a Graeme Richmond-style powerbroker at a football club

Is that a compliment Caro!

I believe you'll find the answer on OER Caro. He believes strongly in stability and the direction we are now heading and considers the actions of the alternative over the past 6 or so months to symbolize what has been wrong at Richmond over all these years.

Better still why don't you ask him yourself Caro instead of hearing things second hand from the alternative  ::)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2004, 08:17:54 AM »
Gotta agree wholeheartedly with you MT. 

Been looking at this from all angles, and the alternative seem on a witch hunt, bearing no new material.

I think Wallace and Wright giving the green light to Miller, coupled with Miller offering to run for the board back in March (yes many forget this) and the AFL endorsement of our strategic plan, written by an encouraging CEO Steven Wright, will win many, many, many votes.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2004, 08:38:07 AM »
Better still why don't you ask him yourself Caro instead of hearing things second hand from the alternative  ::)

Unfortunately for Caro - I don't think he will talk to her because of her allegiances ;)

As I said I don't think Caro has much credibility on this topic anymore. I understand it's a tough gig when it comes to writing about the football club you support and in her case grew up around but the job is to be balanced in your approach to subject - she hasn't been since Schwab resigned from the board.

What a hatchet job this article is, full of doom gloom and chaos that isn't even real in actuality.

Wallace did know what Miller was doing.
Miller has out lined his reasons for not wanting to stay if the alternatives get up (and believe me they are valid)
It was a personal integrity call by Miller to stand for the board so I can't see how Wright can actually stand in the way of that nor would he want to.
The situation in the club right now is actually very stable, all the so called instability is actually being created from exterior sources, the guys inside the club Know exactly what they are doing.
There is no way Armstrong is compromised by Greg Miller this is absolute Horsepooh.

Mrs Wilson here is the only one that is confused.

Well said Rodger.

I agree we have been very stable lately - it's a pity that some people don't seem to want it.

By Caroline Wilson

What the...... :banghead :banghead give a few examples Caro - I would appreciate it because nothing the Casey ticket has said or done comes close to the childish and abusive triade from Peter Welsh the other night on SEN - in a word EMBARRASSING >:(