Author Topic: Team vs. Port - Griffiths IN!  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
Re: Team vs. Port - Griffiths IN!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51:30 PM »
I was always told repeating words was bad english, ;D
 but I could have been clearer, I'm just wondering where his place is I guess.

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
as an after thought I wonder if he would even have any currency on the trade table?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »
as an after thought I wonder if he would even have any currency on the trade table?

Yeah I was thinking the same, thats why I am prepared to make the call at the end of the year. I think we would pick up a very late pick for him at the moment.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:12 PM »
I guess the logic on Farmer he is playing his old side. :-\

Logic on Nahas possibly, he kicked 5 against them in the wet in Adelaide last year. :-\

Griffiths coming in although great I question wet day interstate personally I would have waited till the following week for the biggest stage in Friday Night Footy. Would have been a great marketing tool, out with the Simmonds in with the Griffiths.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:06 PM »
Shultz out :lol

the claw

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 10:24:58 PM »
oh deary me its runtsville again.what are they thinking.

height size and structure is what enables you to compete . king nason farmer webberley cousins white edwards tambling and nahas. throw in a still very undersized collins. in a way we can thank our lucky stars foley is injured.
ya know if these blokes were high quality you might get away with it but sheesh.

anyway good news griffiths is getting a taste.  good to see vickery get dropped for his own good, disappointing we could not give browne a game or 3  in his place.

the brain fade king mcguane in front of thursfield and at fb  bloody hell.  moore the only othe genuine tall well hes a flanker anyway. what a backline how undersized is it.

angus the hack graham the sole ruckman .

im starting to wonder if anyone at the club actually looks at structures that work at other clubs.

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »
Cousins in the centre and King named rover is interesting, not really long term solutions, maybe Newman should have a run on the ball?

the claw

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »
hmm polak in good move for structure. astbury on the bench.  no second ruckman yet here we have a 200cm 105kg bloke named on the bench as well. i wonder are they going to play griffiths in the ruck.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
hmm polak in good move for structure. astbury on the bench.  no second ruckman yet here we have a 200cm 105kg bloke named on the bench as well. i wonder are they going to play griffiths in the ruck.

Playing Griffiths in the ruck would be an incredible injustice. Hope to hell they are not that stupid!

I'm not expected much from Griffiths, in fact I think Astbury is more likely to step up this game rather than Griffiths. Griffiths could be a star in the future but I think it is unrealistic to hope a first year, under developed and inexperienced KPP will be our forward savour. If he gets a few touches and takes a grab or two I will be happy.

Polak will be our utility for the game, acting as our 2nd ruck who drifts forward or back depending on need. I think this is a good move.  I hope Collins takes this opportunity with both hands because his Coburg form has not warranted this call up.

I can only speculate that Danog is on the money and we will attempt to run them off their feet given the toughness of last weeks game and conditions. We can only hope  :pray

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 04:48:22 AM »
Richmond's chance of breaking the ice this year took a turn for the worse with class midfielder Nathan Foley ruled out against the Power with achilles soreness. The club expects him to miss just one match.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/damien-hardwick-calls-in-new-blood-for-richmond/story-e6frg7mf-1225872271191

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:46:37 AM »
Richmond's chance of breaking the ice this year took a turn for the worse with class midfielder Nathan Foley ruled out against the Power with achilles soreness. The club expects him to miss just one match.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/damien-hardwick-calls-in-new-blood-for-richmond/story-e6frg7mf-1225872271191

i think the fact that we know it's for 1 week and it's been labeled as 'leg' suggests he's been rested rather than having an injury.  we've used this ploy many times this season with the likes of cotchin and martin etc.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »
achilles injuries arent good, have had one for 3 months, still cant get rid of it

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »
oh deary me its runtsville again.what are they thinking.

height size and structure is what enables you to compete . king nason farmer webberley cousins white edwards tambling and nahas. throw in a still very undersized collins. in a way we can thank our lucky stars foley is injured.
ya know if these blokes were high quality you might get away with it but sheesh.

anyway good news griffiths is getting a taste.  good to see vickery get dropped for his own good, disappointing we could not give browne a game or 3  in his place.

the brain fade king mcguane in front of thursfield and at fb  bloody hell.  moore the only othe genuine tall well hes a flanker anyway. what a backline how undersized is it.

angus the hack graham the sole ruckman .

im starting to wonder if anyone at the club actually looks at structures that work at other clubs.

Do you really think Hardwick is making selections based soley on the best chance of winning?
No chance that he is basing selections on first and foremost, those that follow the 20 team rules?
He wouldn't be setting some players a big task to see what they are made of? To challenge them?
Do you know why thursfield was dropped? If not how can you question the decision?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »
TV not named in the Burger squad.  Must be out for a rest.  Seeing that the word is that Simmo gets his farewell against the Sainters next week, then it looks like TV is out for at least two weeks.  Probably not a bad thing the way he has been playing.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »
First time we see David and Goliath (Griff) together.

Let's hope we see it many more times.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do