Author Topic: Team vs. Port - Griffiths IN!  (Read 4778 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Team vs. Port - Griffiths IN!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
TV not named in the Burger squad.  Must be out for a rest.  Seeing that the word is that Simmo gets his farewell against the Sainters next week, then it looks like TV is out for at least two weeks.  Probably not a bad thing the way he has been playing.

Ty V is being rested, just like scully and trengrove

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
Going by the selected sides the match ups in terms of height aren't quite as bad as some would think. Their backline, overall, is taller than our forward line, which is not necessarily a bad thing in the wet, particularly if the tall forwards can ensure the ball comes to ground if they don't mark, while we have two KPF on the bench to rectify that if needed.
Obviously we lack a backman to match up with the taller forwards, in terms of height, but we all know that's a problem at the moment anyway (cue for the rants about how the Goo should have been elevated)

B: Kelvin Moore(190),  Luke McGuane(193), Chris Newman(183)
F: Brett Ebert(179), Jackson Trengove(197), Tom Logan(183)
HB:   Shane Tuck(189), Brett Deledio(188), Shane Edwards(180)
HF: Matt Thomas(184), Justin Westhoff(198),David Rodan(172)
C: Richard Tambling(180), Ben Cousins(179), Jeromey Webberley(181)
C: Travis Boak(183), Danyle Pearce(179), Domenic Cassisi(184)
HF: Dustin Martin(186), Jack Riewoldt(193), Ben Nason(179)
HB: Paul Stewart(193), Chad Cornes(192), Steven Salopek(184)
F: Robin Nahas(176), Graham Polak(194), Matt White(179)
B: Jacob Surjan(180), Alipate Carlile192), Troy Chaplin(192)
Foll: Angus Graham(201),Jake King(178),Trent Cotchin(185)
Foll: Dean Brogan(200), Josh Carr(179), Kane Cornes(183)
I/C: Mitch Farmer(180), Ben Griffiths(199), David Astbury(195), Andrew Collins(186)
I/C: Cameron Hitchcock(175), Daniel Stewart(199), Matthew Broadbent(189),  Jay Nash(188)

It wouldnt take much tinkering with the selected positions to get the height matchups pretty much right across the ground
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
what are you guys gonna expect from him this game ? i meen its not like he is gonna kick 4 goals or something and take high flyers ... but i could be wrong he he  :gotigers

the claw

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
oh deary me its runtsville again.what are they thinking.

height size and structure is what enables you to compete . king nason farmer webberley cousins white edwards tambling and nahas. throw in a still very undersized collins. in a way we can thank our lucky stars foley is injured.
ya know if these blokes were high quality you might get away with it but sheesh.

anyway good news griffiths is getting a taste.  good to see vickery get dropped for his own good, disappointing we could not give browne a game or 3  in his place.

the brain fade king mcguane in front of thursfield and at fb  bloody hell.  moore the only othe genuine tall well hes a flanker anyway. what a backline how undersized is it.

angus the hack graham the sole ruckman .

im starting to wonder if anyone at the club actually looks at structures that work at other clubs.

Do you really think Hardwick is making selections based soley on the best chance of winning?
No chance that he is basing selections on first and foremost, those that follow the 20 team rules?
He wouldn't be setting some players a big task to see what they are made of? To challenge them?
Do you know why thursfield was dropped? If not how can you question the decision?

pppffftt whos talking about winning. just being competetive will do for starters.
surely you want some structures in place that will enable us to compete and not get bullied on the park. if you think  8 10 or so midgets each week will enable us to compete  your kidding.and thats just it its not just this week its every week surely we are trying to build a structure that will work every week.

if you think going in with so many average small players is the way to go or just one ruckman or just one genuine kp backman  is good structure  good onya.

without size strength structure  adequate height and a decent sprinkling of good skills  hardwick can have one  hundred 20 point rules. it wont do us any good.

the real trouble though is we dont have he medium types available atm or in the system to replace the very ordinary runts. but we could have done better than we have.

all i can say is white nahas king farmer tambling and possibly cousins dont deserve a game atm. yet we play them. can you tell me what 20 point rule tambling met to get back in. if they can justify him being selected under this rule i would argue the rule itself is worthless.you could ask the same thing for the rest of those mentioned as well.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »
The only conclusions I can get from that post is;

You don't have a grasp of what Hardwick is trying to achieve, which makes you think he is wrong or stupid.

You would rather see something short term than put up with short term pain for long term gain.

Just one question;

Who do you bring in to replace those you want to drop and on what criteria do you you judge they deserve to replace the 6 aforementioned players?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 10:08:33 AM »
Farmer WTF?????????????????????

This will be a smashing to end all smashings!

another hack of a recruit.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »
Farmer WTF?????????????????????

This will be a smashing to end all smashings!

another hack of a recruit.

from what I've seen so far Farmer is no good.
He must be a great team man or great on the training track because he is really poor on field. Can't even win the ball in space.
It's got me baffled. Don't understand why he's still in the side. 
The club that keeps giving.

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »
Im disappointed in Farmer to. We needed someone who could shut down opposition small forwards. Unfortunately this one seems like it hasnt worked out. Anyone know what Scott Selwood is up to these days  ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »
Must admit i too am disappointed with farmer,however i'm prepared to cut him some slack..first year at a new club with very limited senior footy,he wasnt going to dominate anyway

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
farmer was not worst on ground

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 06:14:05 PM »
Must admit i too am disappointed with farmer,however i'm prepared to cut him some slack..first year at a new club with very limited senior footy,he wasnt going to dominate anyway

He did some good things today although playing off his bloke when Port kicked their 2nd goal. Punted on the ball going to the square and his man marked 40 out. Nevertheless massive improvement from last week.

Next week new challenge the runty smelly weasel in the 44 guernsey.

Ramps

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
thought he did some good things but also some things of concern ... anyway we won so thats what counts!

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
As for Griffiths ... 1st game all you wanna see is glimpses of talent ... anyone notice how this kid whose 199cm and 98kgs runs and picks the footy of the ground. This kid has got alot of talent and Hardwick did the right thing bringing him off when he got a corky.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »
he only played the 1st half in those conditions but showed enough to say he will be a super A grade elite fwd.

what a mark and so good below the knees

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »
he only played the 1st half in those conditions but showed enough to say he will be a super A grade elite fwd.

what a mark and so good below the knees

hf:  Taylor - Griffiths - Astubry/Tambling
ff:  Nahas - Riewoldt - Nason