Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81811 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #390 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:17 PM »
If Mundy is uncontracted, can he go into the Pre-Season Draft?

Don't we have Pick No.2?

Houli for Thursfield or McGuane?

Question is do we want to let either one of them go?

Isn't McGuane under contract?

Essendon can have McMahon, Polo, Edwards, Hislop, Thomson for Houli  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #391 on: September 15, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »
Read on Y&B that Whispers on 3AW tonight said Houli for either Thursty or McGuane  :-\.

sounds like a bad deal to me  :(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #392 on: September 15, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
Read on Y&B that Whispers on 3AW tonight said Houli for either Thursty or McGuane  :-\.

Well lets just hope thats a rumor IMO, we need the backline we have surely, who would fill those gaps of either Thursty or McGuane?? What has Houli done other than "have potential"???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #393 on: September 15, 2010, 10:35:50 PM »
When media outlets come up with articles in May that we will be active at trade time whether it be true or not all uncontracted players, unless they are on their way to the Suns there will be rumours based on those articles that they are coming to us.
What about David Hale?

No chance. We discussed this last year and it would be a waste. Bloke has no impact on games. Struggling at North and is not worth it when we have our own key forwards and ruck in Jack, Griff, Post, Vickery, Graham, Browne. Would be against the philosophy of Hardwick and would be a waste of a draft pick. WOuld not even trade for a player for player swap with Hale.
A strong rumor is that Brennan to Richmond with GC trying to put a spanner in the works.

Would cost too much and does not fit the age bracket we are looking at IMHO.

Isn't he only 26?? Wouldn't really think that age was too far out of our bracket. Don't think he will cost that much either, I mean if they tried to play hard ball too much he could go through to the PSD (out of contract players and recycled players) and we could pick him up there with our second pick.

I think he is 27 actually but I just feel he is not the right fit for what Dimma is trying to create. Just an opinion. I think that by the time we will be ready to challenge he may be 30 and in the twilight of his career and unless we pick him up for zilch in the PSD if Gold Coast don't get to him first I would not want to fork out much for him in terms of trading. Would rather go down the drafting kids path again this season.

Furthermore I feel that he is injury prone and prone to on field brain fades. The gap between his best and worst is poles apart. In my honest opinion to me he will be better suited to a side that is mid range and higher rather than a developing side like our own.

tony_montana

« Reply #394 on: September 15, 2010, 10:40:06 PM »
When media outlets come up with articles in May that we will be active at trade time whether it be true or not all uncontracted players, unless they are on their way to the Suns there will be rumours based on those articles that they are coming to us.
What about David Hale?

No chance. We discussed this last year and it would be a waste. Bloke has no impact on games. Struggling at North and is not worth it when we have our own key forwards and ruck in Jack, Griff, Post, Vickery, Graham, Browne. Would be against the philosophy of Hardwick and would be a waste of a draft pick. WOuld not even trade for a player for player swap with Hale.
A strong rumor is that Brennan to Richmond with GC trying to put a spanner in the works.

Isn't he only 26?? Wouldn't really think that age was too far out of our bracket. Don't think he will cost that much either, I mean if they tried to play hard ball too much he could go through to the PSD (out of contract players and recycled players) and we could pick him up there with our second pick.

I think he is 27 actually but I just feel he is not the right fit for what Dimma is trying to create. Just an opinion. I think that by the time we will be ready to challenge he may be 30 and in the twilight of his career and unless we pick him up for zilch in the PSD if Gold Coast don't get to him first I would not want to fork out much for him in terms of trading. Would rather go down the drafting kids path again this season.

Furthermore I feel that he is injury prone and prone to on field brain fades. The gap between his best and worst is poles apart. In my honest opinion to me he will be better suited to a side that is mid range and higher rather than a developing side like our own.

i agree with this, rate him but not the right fit to be chasing hard. if he comes cheap or free (which wont hppen) then yeah.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: September 15, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »
What about David Hale?

Agree with the on field brain fades but IMO, I feel thats because he hasn't really wanted to be there (Lions) for the past 2 years. You have to admit when he is on..geez. I also believe Fev squeezed him out this year, he had more freedom in the forwrd line last year. I think he would be a great fit across the wing/half forward flank for us, maybe even out of defence.

But I wouldn't want to give up too much for him, I won't lose sleep either way with the choice the club make.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: September 15, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
Would want a decent pick to go with it

Edwards is by far the odd man out there, what on earth are you doing offering him up for Houli?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #397 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »
Would want a decent pick to go with it

Edwards is by far the odd man out there, what on earth are you doing offering him up for Houli?

Yep, realistically would want a second rounder for Thursty or McGuane  in realistic terms maybe even a first rounder depending on when in the trade period this gets brought up and what Essendon have to offer.

Edwards is not going nowhere. Different player from the one we saw in previous seasons. Much improved.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #398 on: September 15, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
This from DeepThroat007 on BF:

David Mundy had been offered 750k in a front ended contract by us, 3 years in total, adding up to 1.6mil, he wants to be back in victoria and Essendon have offerred him 600k for his first year then his total being around the same figure 1.5 to 1.6 mil, its up to which club can satisfy freo the best.

Rance has Been thrown up expect a 3 way deal to be involved which ever club is involved.

Hawthorn has enquired on Rance again,

Tambling has been seriously courted by the lions Jade Rawliings absolutely loves him, Sherman has been mentioned as well as there 2nd pick weather its both or either i dont know.

MacGuane has been courted by the Suns and a pick from 15 or less has been mentioned,

Polo has been sought out by sydney dont expect much in return.

also expect us to be seriously trading for picks in the top 20 and we are going all out for west coasts pick 4, a big name player has been offerred. Jack delideo cotch and martin are the only untouchables.

pick 6 will not be traded under any circumstances and until 2 weeks ago had Heppel done and dusted, quietly rejoicing believing they got away with picking a future superstar, now its apparent he wont even get past pick 5, Francis Jackson has been tabbing him for 3 years.

Chris Knights almost signed aheads of agreement with us, still trying but looks very unlikely now.

We have our sights on drafting a darkhorse late in the Draft, we have kept him hidden.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19046535&postcount=107

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: September 15, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »
Geezus, thats all too much to believe....surely......surley..... :lol

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #400 on: September 16, 2010, 12:02:08 AM »
But wait there's more from BF (from Hawk supporter #25Schoeny#25):

It's Dowler.

Hardwick always rated him very highly during his time at Hawthorn, and has been monitoring his progress this season at Box Hill/Box Hill 2's.

Dowler will walk away from Hawthorn at years end, due to being out of contract. You'll get him for chips, either via trade or PSD. Feel free to bookmark this, I'm not wrong.

Let me just say I've always rated him pretty highly myself, and I think Hawthorn have done him pretty harsh this year. Kicked 4 goals in a half against Essendon in Round 22 last season.

Will be a very good player for Richmond.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19037931&postcount=65

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »
So we have gone from not being linked with anyone to everone.... :rollin. Got to love the trade epriod when those of our teams not involved with the finals are full on gossiping.. Love it.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: September 16, 2010, 12:10:46 AM »
Your net surfing and reporting is on fire tonight OE... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

jackstar is back again

« Reply #403 on: September 16, 2010, 12:21:33 AM »

Aint going to happen. Houli on min payments. Luke is still contracted for another 2 years at $450K a year, AINT GOING TO HAPPEN

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: September 16, 2010, 12:29:34 AM »

Aint going to happen. Houli on min payments. Luke is still contracted for another 2 years at $450K a year, AINT GOING TO HAPPEN

So out of all those trade "rumors", what is the truth there Jacko.. :thumbsup

"Rucks: