Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81741 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #420 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:19 PM »
David Mundy had been offered 750k in a front ended contract by us, 3 years in total, adding up to 1.6mil, he wants to be back in victoria and Essendon have offerred him 600k for his first year then his total being around the same figure 1.5 to 1.6 mil, its up to which club can satisfy freo the best.

Hes a good player but if we miss I wont be losing any sleep!
It's the cost in terms of picks that will be the deal breaker rather than $$$ you'd reckon. Freo will want at least a first rounde pick so pass.

Rance has Been thrown up expect a 3 way deal to be involved which ever club is involved.

This is good
Pick 6 to Freo
Foley or Jacko plus Rance to Eagles
Pick 4 and Mundy to Richmond

Nup can't see that happening. No way will the Eagles give up pick 4

Hawthorn has enquired on Rance again,

I dont care who takes him if he leaves and we do a good deal its a bonus
We'll take their pick 19 if it's on offer  :yep

Tambling has been seriously courted by the lions Jade Rawliings absolutely loves him, Sherman has been mentioned as well as there 2nd pick weather its both or either i dont know.

a player and a pick is a good deal, the question is is Sherman right player for us!
Sherman = pass!

MacGuane has been courted by the Suns and a pick from 15 or less has been mentioned,

Id take 15 in a heartbeat or 19 & 21 anyway McGuane leaving is good for us salary cap wise and helps us list wise
Given we're paying the bare minimum 92.5% the salary cap is a non-issue for us. McGuane would be pushing us up to the required minimum in fact. I agree though Ramps I'd take pick 15 in a heartbeat as well.

Polo has been sought out by sydney dont expect much in return.

Has been around a long time and done nothing for us - a pick around 50 would suffice
We'll get nothing for him unless it's a swap for Houli  :P. Deano will more likely to end up a rookie at another club at best.

also expect us to be seriously trading for picks in the top 20 and we are going all out for west coasts pick 4, a big name player has been offerred. Jack delideo cotch and martin are the only untouchables.

This is real good news
Foley or Jacko have been doing the rounds as the rumoured "big name". I still can't see any club let alone the Eagles give up their first rounder inside the top 10. The Hawks and Blues may give up theirs (picks 18/19) at best according to the papers.

pick 6 will not be traded under any circumstances and until 2 weeks ago had Heppel done and dusted, quietly rejoicing believing they got away with picking a future superstar, now its apparent he wont even get past pick 5, Francis Jackson has been tabbing him for 3 years.

keeping pick 6 is great news, pity about Heppel maybe he makes it through 6 maybe we get 4 and get him and someone else as well.
Keeping out first pick is a must.

We have our sights on drafting a darkhorse late in the Draft, we have kept him hidden.

Always good to see this- hopefully it works out
We hear this every year. I find it hard to believe players can be hidden these days given the recruiting resources of all the club. If we have someone "hidden" you'd expect it to be more like another Nason or Webberley type.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #421 on: September 16, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »
just highliting that my quotes are those in bold and not the rumours. havent actually followed the rumours closely this year.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: September 16, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »
Recruit like Geelong and Trade like them too, very little and only for the absolute NEEDS of the club like they did for Ottens.

We are so average all over the ground we have no particular holes, and as few strengths too, so its pointless to trade much.

We may get rid of a few average or poor players Tambo, Foley (remember he has a bad hip) but I hope we trade for picks and go young again. 8 kids at minimum.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
Further to that Geelong have 3 players they recruited from AFL clubs, Ottens, Drum from Freo and Mooney from North Melbourne.  That is the way to build a list.  Recycled players generally don't make it so don't take them.  Turn over those who don't make it and try new kids every year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2010, 11:19:25 PM »
Hutchy tonight said the deadline is next week for Mundy making a final decision on what he wants to do. Gold Coast out of the frame. Victorian club leading Freo at this stage but Hutchy didn't mention which club that is.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #425 on: September 17, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »
Hutchy tonight said the deadline is next week for Mundy making a final decision on what he wants to do. Gold Coast out of the frame. Victorian club leading Freo at this stage but Hutchy didn't mention which club that is.

its us and as im aware he and deledio are close mates

Ramps

« Reply #426 on: September 17, 2010, 01:02:26 PM »
If we secured MUNDY, SHERMAN AND HOULI would our supporters expect finals action in 2011?

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: September 17, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
If we secured MUNDY, SHERMAN AND HOULI would our supporters expect finals action in 2011?
No?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #428 on: September 17, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
'Pav for AA' who was this Freo idiot on BF in love with Mundy while bagging Lids would be devastated  :lol

Bloody hope not. It's not as though we're adding Ablett, Judd and Buddy to the side. We've got a lonnnnnnnnnnnng way to go. No finals until 2013 at best for mine.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: September 17, 2010, 01:17:52 PM »
Interesting how these trades (assuming any eventuate) effect our drafting assuming our first priority was for an outside midfielder?

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »
'Pav for AA' who was this Freo idiot on BF in love with Mundy while bagging Lids would be devastated  :lol

Bloody hope not. It's not as though we're adding Ablett, Judd and Buddy to the side. We've got a lonnnnnnnnnnnng way to go. No finals until 2013 at best for mine.

top eight maby in 2012
Interesting how these trades (assuming any eventuate) effect our drafting assuming our first priority was for an outside midfielder?
looks that way

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
Reading the AFL website in the trade winds dept. it states that Richmond would only receive a pick around 40-50 for Tambling where they have Sherman & Houli going for 2nd round picks !!

If Richmond trade Tambling for anything above pick 25 I will go off !!  He should be staying on the list anyway because I am convinced if he is traded that he will become a gun player and peak at 26 years of age...

Ramps

« Reply #432 on: September 17, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »

I agree so why is the club wasting its time on bringing this type of player from other clubs? What happened to NO SHORT CUTS? Its rubbish management if its true.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #433 on: September 17, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
I agree so why is the club wasting its time on bringing this type of player from other clubs? What happened to NO SHORT CUTS? Its rubbish management if its true.

I think before we start jumping up and down about trading away pick 29 perhaps we should wait & see if trade up in the selection order.

If and beleive me I aprreciate it is a BIG if ...but if we were to do some sort of deal that got us to a position of having a pick beofre 29 on top of the untouchable pick number 6 then we surely pick 29 for Justin Sherman is a good deal
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »

I used to enjoy 'Pav for AA'. Loved his passionate hate of everything Yellow and Black. I used to rejoice in the knowledge that we must have really irritated him to get such an extreme reaction. Every time Mundy and RFC is mentioned I think of 'Pav for AA'  :thumbsup