Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 85879 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #435 on: September 17, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »
Richmond

* Up and about right now, doing all in its power to improve its list.

* Richard Tambling seems to be ready to go and the club is interested in getting Brisbane's Justin Sherman.

* Be interesting to see if one of their raft of key defenders like Will Thursfield goes if the club can get the right price.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-buzz-why-do-people-hate-on-harry/story-e6frf9jf-1225920718084

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #436 on: September 17, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »
The Tigers also have plenty of room in the salary cap which puts them in contention to make a play for out-of-contract Fremantle star David Mundy.

Trade week runs from October 4-11.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-in-hunt-for-bachar-houli/story-e6frf9jx-1225924921375

TigerTimeII

« Reply #437 on: September 17, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »
mundy will be a tiger  :thumbsup

Offline French Tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #438 on: September 17, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »

Please tell

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #439 on: September 17, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »

Yes please tell :D
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »
its us and as im aware he and deledio are close mates
'Pav for AA' who was this Freo idiot on BF in love with Mundy while bagging Lids would be devastated  :lol

If we secured MUNDY, SHERMAN AND HOULI would our supporters expect finals action in 2011?
Bloody hope not. It's not as though we're adding Ablett, Judd and Buddy to the side. We've got a lonnnnnnnnnnnng way to go. No finals until 2013 at best for mine.

Ahh 'Pav for AA' geez that was some years ago
he would be devastated.

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2010, 05:23:42 PM »

Ahh 'Pav for AA' geez that was some years ago
he would be devastated.

He Posts under the user name Mayneman now!
Still sprouts his usual crap!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
personally not sold on the Mundy Plan. :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Personally I know we have plenty of room in the salary cap but why waste it on a player in a trade who is still under contract at their original club or on a player who we are trading for.

I know we signed up some of our stars recently but we need to be more prudent with our money and more shrewd with who we trade for and select.

Mundy would ask too much $$$$$.

Is he worth more to us than a Martin or a Lids or a Cotch when these boys contracts are up, just because he is available right now.

We may lose the player but we do keep the pick so for me it is not a loss overall.

We are fighting our way out of debt, no more Ben Holland scenarios.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »
I know what you're saying Tucky and I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying but the salary cap rules force 92.5% of the cap to be spent on the playing list so someone has to get it. With our retirements and higher paid delistings (Jordie) we have a $$$ available that need to be spent just to get us up to the 92.5% minimum. Do we give to a young player we have who doesn't really deserve big money yet or do we use it on adding a quality player from outside to our list? I guess it depends on the player. Mundy apparently wants $650k per year for 3 years  :-\.

ps. It won't affect our debt btw. I'd doubt the club would be that stupid to be using the overdraft just to pay player salaries.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2010, 09:56:50 PM »
Mundy isn't under contract as far as I know

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #446 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »
I understand that MT but Mundy has played 1 real good season and has been up and down. Is he worth $650 K a year? IMO no. But yep we have to pay 92.5% of the salary cap. Hence these football mercenaries make the most of it from footy clubs.  Won't be disappointed to see him go to Essendon and bleed them dry a little more whilst we keep our draft picks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #447 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »
I understand that MT but Mundy has played 1 real good season and has been up and down. Is he worth $650 K a year? IMO no. But yep we have to pay 92.5% of the salary cap. Hence these football mercenaries make the most of it from footy clubs.  Won't be disappointed to see him go to Essendon and bleed them dry a little more whilst we keep our draft picks.

I agree Mundy isn't worth that. I have always believed the 92.5% minimum hinders clubs like us where we are forced to pay our players more than they are worth collectively when we could easily get by with such a young list on say 80% of the cap. That archiac rule is just a lingering remnant of the AFL's old policy to kill off Fitzroy back in the mid 90s when they were trying to survive on small player payments that were below half the cap while getting flogged by 12 goals every week. The AFL didn't want an easybeat finishing on 0 wins in the comp.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #448 on: September 17, 2010, 10:42:41 PM »
cant believe some of u guys still go on BF

pav for aa   lol, what a princess he is lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: September 18, 2010, 02:16:20 AM »
Essendon is willing to offer Mundy a 4-year deal

From today's Weekend Australian.....

Fremantle midfielder David Mundy is seeking a $2 million deal over the next three years to remain with the Dockers.

The out-of-contract Mundy is not on the Gold Coast's radar, but is being vigorously chased by Essendon, which has plenty of room in its salary cap and is understood to be prepared to offer Mundy, 25, up to four years to relocate back to his native Victoria.

The Dockers yesterday expressed "supreme confidence" is retaining Mundy, but said they were not expecting a decision from him for a week or two.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/suns-plan-swoop-for-jetta/story-e6frg7mf-1225925615722