Author Topic: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and Jeep  (Read 74313 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond New Major Sponsor/s is are?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »
i was joking around a bit with the Irony if we did ever get with them hence there names... not being serious of-course  :P

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
Hopefully the sponsor friendly opening month to next season can push this along faster.

BF saying we've signed up a new sleeve sponsor with nice colours (ie. Y&B) for our media polos.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
JB Hi Fi huh. Who else is yellow and black?

Dick smith we've done.

Commonwealth bank would be awesome! ... oh, yeah - NAB

Tiger Air we've talked about (I still don't get how pies get away with Emirates... but anyway)

Renault are Yellow and Black

Crown lager - y&b with a dash of red

Caterpillar

Schweppes

Yellow pages

Hertz car rentals

Isn't the ferrari logo yellow and black...?

Bundy rum

Batman has a yellow and black logo. Maybe bruce wayne can spare us a few bob  :santa

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »

Dick smith we've done.

Tiger Air we've talked about (I still don't get how pies get away with Emirates... but anyway)

Caterpillar

Schweppes

Yellow pages

Hertz car rentals

Bundy rum

Batman has a yellow and black logo. Maybe bruce wayne can spare us a few bob  :santa

collingwood's home is now sponsored by westpac...so i dun see how commonwealth bank would be a problem

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
It's a bit of a worry about the sponsorship.

This is the big white elephant in the room. The pressure only gets worse from here Benny Gale, better get a wriggle on.

lat time we signed a major sponsor was hot on the heels of the GFC...we are in significantly stronger economic times, i suspect we have a raft of options for our consideration...how white elephant fits beggars belief, leave the commerce to the experts chum :lol

Yes I can see from your response here in the quote, that I think you'd better.

putting aside my qualifications , our current economic growth, low unemployment, burdgeooning housing market, record auction clearances, sky high commodity prices and low interest rates would all suggest we are in fact living through a golden age ya bloody peanut. but hey maybe Im a little crazy, pull that elephant back into the room :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
It's a bit of a worry about the sponsorship.

This is the big white elephant in the room. The pressure only gets worse from here Benny Gale, better get a wriggle on.

lat time we signed a major sponsor was hot on the heels of the GFC...we are in significantly stronger economic times, i suspect we have a raft of options for our consideration...how white elephant fits beggars belief, leave the commerce to the experts chum :lol

Yes I can see from your response here in the quote, that I think you'd better.

putting aside my qualifications , our current economic growth, low unemployment, burdgeooning housing market, record auction clearances, sky high commodity prices and low interest rates would all suggest we are in fact living through a golden age ya bloody peanut. but hey maybe Im a little crazy, pull that elephant back into the room :lol

Move on
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »
no worries, chill people.

The last time I was told to "chill" regarding a major sponsor was the day before the AIG deal fell over  :rollin :rollin

out of our control in that instance.
i expect a big announcement that will tie up everything nicely.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »

Dick smith we've done.

Caterpillar

Schweppes

Yellow pages

Hertz car rentals

Bundy rum

BF saying the sleeve sponsor is a packaging products company with HQ outside of Victoria.

Today is the last day of the existing contracts so we may find out tomorrow.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »
Tiger Airways  :thumbsup

It is actually a terrible business.

i must be the only person in oz who has never had an issue with tiger , flown with them 8 times never one hiccup

they are owned by Singapore airlines, which is so far ahead of qantas with quality and service its not funny

Make that 2 X.  I use them a lot for my personal travel (work generally flies Virgin or Qantas) and have not had one bad experience with them that was within their control.  I fly very extensively with work and have had flights cancelled by Jetstar, Qantas, Compass (remember them?), had luggage lost by Qantas, been made to wait terminally long for my luggage on many many Virgin flights but Tiger have never let me down significantly.  I think they copped a bad wrap on that TV show where it seemed to be almost exclusively filmed in the Tiger terminal but I have never had any of those hassles with them.  I'm interested to know why Jack thinks they are a "terrible business"?

Will explain.
they have the highest turnover of staff its laughable
Staff are forced to sign contracts, that state the following, any training that the company has performed will have to be repaid within a three year period if you resign or leave.
I have known staff that have been forced to pay over $3000
The shift work and hours of pay are laughable.
Staff only get paid for "time in the sky"
If a plane break downs or they cant fly, you dont get paid.
therefore they have staff sitting around airports around australia due to storms, mechnical failures, strikes etc not getting paid.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »
And Smokey, I fly at least twice a week and use Virgin and Qantas.
If I choose my flights wisely, I have no delays ( at least out of melbourne)  Take the 6.00am first flight, always on time !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »

Dick smith we've done.

Caterpillar

Schweppes

Yellow pages

Hertz car rentals

Bundy rum

BF saying the sleeve sponsor is a packaging products company with HQ outside of Victoria.

https://www.signet.net.au/default.aspx

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
If I choose my flights wisely, I have no delays ( at least out of melbourne)  Take the 6.00am first flight, always on time !

yeah, I used to do the same when going to syd regularly, like dr appointments, the earlier the less likely things will be banked up
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »

Personally I only fly QANTAS wherever possible. The only exception to this in Aust is flying home from Launceston then I usually come home via Jetstar because QANTAS only do limited flights to "Lonnie" these days. But hey Jetstar is bascially QANTAS anyway  ;D

And can I say that after my most recent interstate trip which was for a funeral I cannot speak highly enough of the fanstastic service and understandig we got from QANTAS - best airline in the world IMHO. They were sensational.... Ditto Jestar on the homeward leg  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »

Will explain.
they have the highest turnover of staff its laughable
Staff are forced to sign contracts, that state the following, any training that the company has performed will have to be repaid within a three year period if you resign or leave.
I have known staff that have been forced to pay over $3000
The shift work and hours of pay are laughable.
Staff only get paid for "time in the sky"
If a plane break downs or they cant fly, you dont get paid.
therefore they have staff sitting around airports around australia due to storms, mechnical failures, strikes etc not getting paid.

Repayment of training is standard in many businesses surely Jack?  Its called a ROSO (Return Of Service Obligation) in the military but its prevalent in a lot of businesses nowadays.  And I can't conceive that in this country in an industry as heavily union influenced as the aviation industry with its regulated salary awards/conditions that the conditions you describe above can possibly exist.  Do you know this for a fact or as a third party indication?  Sounds quite implausible to me but I don't know the facts so I'm open to be shown the reality (if it is the reality).

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »

For sure Jack.  From my perspective, much of my flying is into Sydney and Melbourne early morning and we have frequent significant delays due to weather (2 weeks ago Saturday into Sydney was the latest) and when those first flights in are delayed it stuffs up the timetable for the rest of the day.  And Tiger Airways are most definitely no worse than Qantas or Virgin or Jetstar in that regard, yet they seem to get whacked publicly for it.  Not fair or justified IMHO.