Author Topic: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and Jeep  (Read 74360 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond New Major Sponsor/s is are?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »
Luckily never had a real bad experience flying. The worst thing was gaining a whole heap of Ansett fly-by points while OS yet back home Ansett went under :P. Have flown by Qantas to Sydney and back a few times and flew Singapore Airlines to Singapore and Frankfurt with no probs. S.A. were very good. A Lufthansa domestic in Germany from Frankfurt to Berlin was delayed an hour but the pilot somehow made up 30 mins in the air and thumping the wheels on the tarmac. The pilot was speaking German over the PA so I was totally oblivious to what was going on lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »

Will explain.
they have the highest turnover of staff its laughable
Staff are forced to sign contracts, that state the following, any training that the company has performed will have to be repaid within a three year period if you resign or leave.
I have known staff that have been forced to pay over $3000
The shift work and hours of pay are laughable.
Staff only get paid for "time in the sky"
If a plane break downs or they cant fly, you dont get paid.
therefore they have staff sitting around airports around australia due to storms, mechnical failures, strikes etc not getting paid.

Repayment of training is standard in many businesses surely Jack?  Its called a ROSO (Return Of Service Obligation) in the military but its prevalent in a lot of businesses nowadays.  And I can't conceive that in this country in an industry as heavily union influenced as the aviation industry with its regulated salary awards/conditions that the conditions you describe above can possibly exist.  Do you know this for a fact or as a third party indication?  Sounds quite implausible to me but I don't know the facts so I'm open to be shown the reality (if it is the reality).

straight from the horses mouth.
The issue with not paying downtime when there is delays causes a high turnover of staff

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 09:13:14 AM »

Will explain.
Staff are forced to sign contracts, that state the following, any training that the company has performed will have to be repaid within a three year period if you resign or leave.
therefore they have staff sitting around airports around australia due to storms, mechnical failures, strikes etc not getting paid.

Repayment of training is standard in many businesses surely Jack?  Its called a ROSO (Return Of Service Obligation) in the military but its prevalent in a lot of businesses nowadays.  And I can't conceive that in this country in an industry as heavily union influenced as the aviation industry with its regulated salary awards/conditions that the conditions you describe above can possibly exist.  Do you know this for a fact or as a third party indication?  Sounds quite implausible to me but I don't know the facts so I'm open to be shown the reality (if it is the reality).

Since running my own business i'm out of the loop on these matters, so to speak, but I'd never heard of such a thing as a ROSO, smokey. Im not surprised that it occurs in the the Military though, but I'm not sure how prevalant it would be in the wider community.

The airline industry isn't as unionised as you may think. Virgin is largely (wholly?) a non union workforce, being deliberately set up that way from the start. I don't know about Tiger but if they have ROSOs then I doubt they would be. Last year i flew back into Darwin to be greeted by an electrical storm, which meant the Baggage handlers would not go out into the open so we had nearly a hour delay waiting to collect our luggage. I was told by a staff member that Quantas/Jetstar staff would not go out when there was lightning about but Tiger and Virgin staff had to. This indicates to me that Tiger is also a non unionised workforce.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 08:17:37 PM »

Will explain.

Since running my own business i'm out of the loop on these matters, so to speak, but I'd never heard of such a thing as a ROSO, smokey. Im not surprised that it occurs in the the Military though, but I'm not sure how prevalant it would be in the wider community.

The airline industry isn't as unionised as you may think. Virgin is largely (wholly?) a non union workforce, being deliberately set up that way from the start. I don't know about Tiger but if they have ROSOs then I doubt they would be. Last year i flew back into Darwin to be greeted by an electrical storm, which meant the Baggage handlers would not go out into the open so we had nearly a hour delay waiting to collect our luggage. I was told by a staff member that Quantas/Jetstar staff would not go out when there was lightning about but Tiger and Virgin staff had to. This indicates to me that Tiger is also a non unionised workforce.

not so true there Al. Wife has worked at Virgin for the last 7 years and it is a Union workforce but a very weak one.

Jack is absolutely spot on about Tiger. Their staff are forced to work 15 hour shifts putting the wider community at risk.
I remember my cousin who worked at Tiger once told me she fell asleep on the aircraft after working 15 hours straight.

Just the right type of people you want looking after you if poo hit the fan.

Virgin will be the new Qantas within 5 years. Virgin as you now see it will not exist complete change of name and business class and staff to wear ties and vests. They are going corporate. Woman will still look good though.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »
Totally agree Daniel
I believe Virgin change there image as early as Jan 1st?
New corporate colors etc

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »
are we getting sponsors or what?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »

Which page haven't you read torch?

If you go back to page 3 I think you will find that the club are saying it will be sooner rather than later
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »

yes we are. big rumour is the next RFC major sponsor is not JB HiFi or Reject Shop but the mammoth conglomeration called

tariffsgiftshop.com.au  :lol

jackstar is back again

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
Ramps, how much you tipping in son ?

Ramps

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 07:21:55 PM »
Ramps, how much you tipping in son ?

LOL ... Unfortunately Jacko, Tariffs hasnt worked out so Im actually gonna close it down after Christmas, Ive reduced all the prices now, some stuff is below cost as well.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »
sorry to here, you should have the 2 woman on the front page wearing bikinis, traffic will go through the roof :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »
sorry to here, you should have the 2 woman on the front page wearing bikinis, traffic will go through the roof :thumbsup

Thats alright Jacko- Gave it a go, didnt work out, Life goes on! Theres plenty of people in world doing worse than most of us in here thats for sure.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »

Thats alright Jacko- Gave it a go, didnt work out, Life goes on! Theres plenty of people in world doing worse than most of us in here thats for sure.

yeah you had a crack but with all the cashmere in there i was about to start calling you gramps :lol, the only thing missing was the brass buttoned blazer and a matching set of flannels...is it still going ???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »

exactly doesn't hurt trying. I tell you though ramps the quality of merch over in the U.S is so cheap its not funny.

My cousin is in a band and he buys music equipment quitars etc etc for less than $500 usd and sells over here for $2k plus

Clothing and electrical would be just as cheap over there.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2010, 09:14:46 PM »
I just bought something Ramps ;)

Good present for xmas.