Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 41370 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #315 on: November 17, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »
Heppell, Conca, Polac, Lynch and now Caddy....does anyone know?? It appears not. Speculation on our pick changes every day and that is all it is ....SPECULATION!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »
Hope its not true, If we miss on Polec ( I hope not) Why wouldnt we take Heppel or even Atley.

Caddy look like a bit of a plodder in my book - he has great courage but not worth a pick 6.

Appears to a few mental games being played to either flush out some info or to put fear into other teams.
He ran a 2.91 sec 20m sprint time at the draft camp so he's not far off Lids & Martin who did 2.89 secs
He also came 8th in both the 3km run and beep test so he's got pace & stamina
Was 1st in the handball test
Averaged 24 disposals (11 contested) and 7 clearances per game at the championships
Kicked 22 goals 11 in the TAC Cup this year so can also play forward or kick goals from the midfield

I would have no problem if we took Caddy, he would allow us to release Cotchin in more of an outside role where he can get into space and use his pace. Teaming up Caddy and Martin would form a very strong inside midfield for the next decade.

Offline TigerTimTam

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #317 on: November 17, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »
What about a ruck man at 6! or are we best to wait until later.

Who is our best hope in that area?

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #318 on: November 17, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
Heppell, Conca, Polac, Lynch and now Caddy....does anyone know?? It appears not. Speculation on our pick changes every day and that is all it is ....SPECULATION!

There seems to be lots of that this year. I am not sure if it was last year or the year before there was a dinner (or just a night) at the club with the recruiting guys where they explained the thinking at the club without actaully comming out and saying "we will be picking _____ ". Was there any such night this year and if so did anybody go?

I supose it dont matter now as we will have our answers in a day. Then its just a few more months of training reports before the NAB cup, it will go quick I hope.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: November 17, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
Hearing we will take Heppel if The Bears take Polec

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: November 17, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »

Reports are that the reason that Brisbane may overlook Heppel is due to their medical team suggesting he may have long term groin issues. This worries me  :-\

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #321 on: November 17, 2010, 05:12:51 PM »
Could they be worried because of the Gabba being hard?

A few Lions have bad groins because of the ground?

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #322 on: November 17, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »

Reports are that the reason that Brisbane may overlook Heppel is due to their medical team suggesting he may have long term groin issues. This worries me  :-\

Or could it be other Clubs spreading this hoping he will slip in the draft to them ?  :shh
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: November 17, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »

Or could it be other Clubs spreading this hoping he will slip in the draft to them ?  :shh

Yes - thought that myself but still...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #324 on: November 17, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »
Atley, Polec, Heppell or Gaff one of those will be in black and yellow.

gerkin greg

« Reply #325 on: November 17, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »
Saw Benny Gale and some of the RFC brains trust jumping off a Jetstar flight at GC airport this morning with Ross Lyon and some of the Saints crew. No Dimma. The terminal was covered in Suns banners and giant Gary heads.

If Heppel is available we'll take him. FJ has been all over him since under 16s.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #326 on: November 17, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »
Emma Quayle reckons we are picking Conca.

Qu. A few different thoughts on the Tigers pick 6, any idea who they will take?

Emma: conca

Ramps

« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »

I like Conca as a player but its a reach IMHO.

Offline TigerTimTam

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »

Can somebody please give us some background on this player. Please.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
A mate of mine (RFC supporter and WA Supporters Club past official) is involved in the Perth Footy Club and posted this to tiger-talk today in response to a question from another poster re: Conca:

Hi Paul, I posted the following back on the 6/7/2010:

From the under 18's championships, we would do well if we could recruit either one of these two WA boys who I have seen play a few games and have been very impressed.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
*Reece Conca*
12 August 1992, 179cm, 70kg, Perth/Victorian Park
Thoroughly modern midfielder in that he plays inside and outside and does both with aplomb. Tough, durable and skillful - a handy addition to any team. Be interesting to see how he goes if, as expected, he soon breaks into the Perth senior line-up.

*Harley Bennell*
2 October 1992, 180, 70, Peel/Pinjarra
You want class? Bennell is likely to be the first player drafted from this year's U18 championships. He's ungainly at first glance because runs knock-kneed, but he's silken when he gathers pace and he reads the play before anyone else. Time and again during the championships, he ran on to the ball while others were standing still. He's a goalkicker, and he hits targets. Reminds you of an unshackled Daniel Wells.

Reece plays for my team Perth who have a habit of producing a large proportion of AFL recruits which is a bit of a bittersweet play as we get the money and the recognition but it does mean that we dont get to keep them for more than a few games in the league and they get snapped up and that leaves our league team
sitting near the bottom. Franklin and Coughlan are our two most recognised. Reece is a bit light atm but he can easily build on that. He is quick, fearless along the lines of Joel Selwood/Martin and his great disposal. Has a good head on his shoulder and bring players around him in to the game. Harley Bennell is lightning quick and forget the comparison with Wells as he is and well be an even better player than Wells who I believe is an under achiever. I dont think we have buckleys of getting either one but it would be great to dream.

There are two guys down at Perth who are both aged 20 that have seem to have been overlooked by the draft recruiters in Eades and Elari, the latter won the F&B for the WAFL colts. Eades is a lightning quick indigenous boy who has the uncanny goal sense of Leon Davis (another Perth recruit) but is a very team oriented player who has a great personality and is very easy to warm to. Ellari is like a smaller Riccuito. Built like a tank, great speed, stamina and can kick both sides over 50m. I have passed
on their names to Flea to look at as mature age recruits. As an aside, Perth General Manager is none other than Brian Leys so we have a good connection

TT

I really like Conca and he has developed further since the 6/7. I would love to see him in a Tigers jumper as he is a real thinker also similar to the way Bowden was. He rarely gets flustered on the footy field and always seems to have time to make the correct decision. I still think our chances are very slim

TT

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/94170