Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 180980 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Grigg to Richmond (Official) [merged]
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »
Three certainties in life....

Death , taxes and Shaun Grigg will finish top 5 in the 2011 Jack Dyer medal.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grigg turned down Judd to stay Blue (Canberra Times)
« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2011, 02:24:39 AM »
Grigg turned down Judd to stay Blue
Steve Butler
Canberra Times
23 Apr, 2011

Richmond Tigers' recruit Shaun Grigg has revealed trying times as he was forced to deny an 11th-hour bid by Carlton captain Chris Judd to stop him leaving the Blues at the end of last season.

Grigg, one of the Tigers' best with a 25-possession average in the first four games, confirmed Judd visited his Essendon home last year after Carlton had been bundled out of the finals by Sydney a game he was left out of despite having 24 possessions against Fremantle in the last game of the year.

Although Judd had been his Blues idol since being drafted to the club in 2006, Grigg remained firm on his commitment to Richmond.

The 23-year-old said he didn't want to look back later and regret not making a move to where more opportunity was guaranteed.

Watching the demise of friend Brendan Fevola had also cemented an attitude that he had little time to waste in his football life.

''It was a very hard decision after having four great years at the Blues and playing with some great players like Anthony Koutoufides, Matthew Lappin, Lance Whitnall and Chris Judd, obviously,'' Grigg said.

''I'm good friends with Chris and I tried to stick to him like glue and I've learnt a lot off him about what you have to do to be an AFL player.

''We had a chat about everything, I asked him his opinion, he told me what he thought ... he said he wanted to play a few more years of footy with me. I would have loved to do it, but at the end of the day it was my decision and I had to stick to it once I'd made it.

''I made some great friends over the four years and having to tell those blokes was probably the hardest because they're your mates. But it was just about opportunity I want to play AFL and make my mark and get the best out of myself. I'm sure Fev has a few regrets from his time in the AFL and I want to just learn from that.''

Grigg only played against North Melbourne twice during his four seasons at Carlton and they resulted in combined losing margins of 133 points. He was optimistic that trend would be reversed when Richmond play the Kangaroos at Etihad Stadium tomorrow.

Having yet to taste victory as a Tiger, he said he was also keen to sing the club's theme song, which was also the celebration tune of his junior club, Redan.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/grigg-turned-down-judd-to-stay-blue/2142674.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grigg finds his niche (RFC)
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »
Grigg finds his niche
richmondfc.com.au
By Paul Daffey
Sun 01 May, 2011

Richmond midfielder Shaun Grigg had specific ambitions when he joined the Tigers from Carlton before this season.

He wanted to establish himself in the Richmond team and he wanted play a role to the best of his ability, whether it be on a wing, at half-back or as an inside midfielder.

After concentrating on winning the ball for three quarters against the Lions, Grigg had the job of trying to quell the rampant Simon Black in the last quarter.

Grigg restricted Black to just a few possessions in the final quarter. Then he set his sights on the next challenge, against Fremantle at the MCG next weekend.

Full article at:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/112783/default.aspx

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
Shut down Black in the last.

Gun player is Grigg
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
I like him, but I thought his disposal was way off last night. Missed a couple of easy targets.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »
I like him, but I thought his disposal was way off last night. Missed a couple of easy targets.

Yep big down side to Grigg, efficiency via foot isn't elite.
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:34 AM »
Agree, said it in another thread, his boot was horrible this week. That's really his only major flaw and it will rear its head again throughout the season. He goes alright but I didn't expect Andrew Collins to jag us an elite player. B grader.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg - 50 games this week
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
Milestones: Shaun Grigg - 50 games

Congrats to Griggy  :clapping

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »
What are people's thoughts on Grigg now?

I think he is a bit of a downhill skier.

His defensive pressure if terrible and doesnt seemt to work hard enough when we dont have the footy.

This is why Tuck hasnt been playing so maybe its time for Grigg to have a run with Coburg and work on that part of his game??

Thoughts?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »
What are people's thoughts on Grigg now?

I think he is a bit of a downhill skier.

His defensive pressure if terrible and doesnt seemt to work hard enough when we dont have the footy.

This is why Tuck hasnt been playing so maybe its time for Grigg to have a run with Coburg and work on that part of his game??

Thoughts?

To be honest I was pretty disappointed with his game yesterday

Possessions quantity wise was there but the quality of those was average and some of his defiensive efforts and attack on the contest were poor to say the least
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »
many weak efforts from Grigg yesterday.
should be dropped for Tuck.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2011, 01:42:53 PM »
Grigg defensive efforts against North Melbourne were second to none. Saved us 2 goals with 1on1 battles as the last defender.

Was poor yesterday. 1 bad game out of 8.

Drop Grigg? You are joking  :rollin

Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
Grigg defensive efforts against North Melbourne were second to none. Saved us 2 goals with 1on1 battles as the last defender.

Agree, was poor yesterday and so was Houli.
Drop, no
Would be dropping Rance before anyone

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »

Drop, no
Would be dropping Rance before anyone
drop rance for who?... We don't have anyone else yet to invest time in. Is thirsfield the answer. He's been there longer and hasn't come on. Too skinny, too slow.
Drop Gus who was worse yesterday but who will replace him at the moment?.. Browne not the answer IMO hopefully Derrickx but who knows if hes good enough yet. Until our depth imrproves the coaches dont have that luxury yet. 
The club that keeps giving.

gerkin greg

« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »

Their worst games for Richmond. Houli had an absolute shocker. Grigg was completely ineffectual - he's gone missing a bit in the last few weeks IMO.