Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 181816 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grigg discussion
« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »
Grigg showed very little this season after R8. Some of his efforts were lamentable. Open your eyes
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
Look Im not going to get into an argument about him and defend him like i have man love for him bc I dont - Ive been pretty critical of some of his performances this season, however, it doesnt take much to see hes an upgrade on what we had and am confident he will develop further and be of decent service.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2011, 05:57:45 PM »
Grigg showed very little this season after R8. Some of his efforts were lamentable. Open your eyes

Safe to say that he didn't go all in  :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #288 on: September 10, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »
Grigg's better than tambling ever was or will be and an upgrade on collins. He's an upgrade and comfortably in our best 18 - stuff me some people expect a starting 18 of bonafide superstars

Grigg is a 25 to 30 player in a good list. If hes in our best 22 then we have a long long long way to go still.

Who has been suggesting anything else?

We do have a long way to go. Jake King, Matthew White and even Daniel Jackson are in our best 22.

I don't understand this conversation?

If you want Hartley to draft in Chris Judd, Aaron Sandilands and Lance Franklin. Be prepared to be happy but give up Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt and more.

Collins for Grigg was trade where we won out of. What else is needed to be said.

If we trade Nick Westhoff for a bit parts depth player, its another win.

We don't have to judge a list manager on the "big fish" trades and recruits.

Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »
Grigg's better than tambling ever was or will be and an upgrade on collins. He's an upgrade and comfortably in our best 18 - stuff me some people expect a starting 18 of bonafide superstars

Grigg is a 25 to 30 player in a good list. If hes in our best 22 then we have a long long long way to go still.

Id love to think you are right 10fl but your dreamin...He's in our top 12 easily...fine if we can bring into the club 10 players that are better, but we're 3-4 years off that
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #290 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »
Grigg was in our top 6 players in disposals this year. Considering what he cost us and his age he has been a great recruit.

Comments like Blair Hartley is overrated shows how out o touch some of these Internet experts are. Absolutely no idea.

Last years trading period of getting rid of rambling and getting in grigg houli for nothing was an unbelievable hood result. Some people will never be happy oh well

10 FLAGS

« Reply #291 on: September 10, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »
Grigg was in our top 6 players in disposals this year. Considering what he cost us and his age he has been a great recruit.

Comments like Blair Hartley is overrated shows how out o touch some of these Internet experts are. Absolutely no idea.

Last years trading period of getting rid of rambling and getting in grigg houli for nothing was an unbelievable hood result. Some people will never be happy oh well

Out of touch is when you rate people on the amount of possessions they have and not the quality of those possessions. Id rather have someone get the footy 15 times and have 12 quality disposals than someone who gets 22 or 23 disposals and most of them arent of any note. As for Hartley he hasnt proven anything yet. When he does Ill be the first in here to give him due credit for his work until then I'll wait to see the results first.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #292 on: September 10, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
I've moved and merged the Grigg discussion in the Maric thread to this one  :).

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: September 10, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »
 Anyone who thinks Grigg was a steal based on his year is looking at the world through yellow amend black glasses.

That's why we are where we are.

Oh well, whats another 10 years outside the 8.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grigg rewards Tiger faith (RFC)
« Reply #294 on: October 10, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
Grigg rewards Tiger faith
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Mon 10 Oct, 2011

In the 2011 trade week, Richmond will be hoping it can land another player or two, who can have the sort of impact Shaun Grigg had during his first season at Tigerland this year.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/124845/default.aspx

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
Has been OK. Is an upgrade on Collins..

But thought he would be better.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

10 FLAGS

Re: Grigg rewards Tiger faith (RFC)
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
Grigg rewards Tiger faith
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Mon 10 Oct, 2011

In the 2011 trade week, Richmond will be hoping it can land another player or two, who can have the sort of impact Shaun Grigg had during his first season at Tigerland this year.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/124845/default.aspx

What Impact? He didnt fire a short for the last 2/3rd of the year lol. Richmond PR in overdrive trying to suck the supporters into supporting trades that were nil all affairs to be honest.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2011, 01:25:58 PM »
Grigg got more uncontested possesions from mid year than any player I have ever seen. LMO

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2011, 02:52:20 PM »
Grigg got more uncontested possesions from mid year than any player I have ever seen. LMO

LMO??  Why do you want to left alone? Can't handle the heat anymore :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »
Jack has no arse left to laugh off....... :laugh: