Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 180975 times)

the claw

Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #450 on: September 09, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »
Unfortuantely there's no one to replace him. Well there is, but they should be replacing others before Grigg
unfortunately there is some truth in that. it sort of says it all about our midfield depth we just have to keep on building it. thats why it concerns one when you hear em say the midfield is complete.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #451 on: September 09, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »
we play him on a wing and i have a few issues with this.
1/ his foot skills are not good enough.
2/ hes a down hill skier and only runs one way hard.
3/ his pace well hes not slow but hes no line breaker imo.

while hes been a valuable pick up and his run and spread in 2012 was excellent hes always been one i thought we should in time be looking to upgrade on.
dont think we should cut him but atm i would hope we are looking to have someone push him out of the 22.

Agree with all of that

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: September 09, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
Seagull isn't one of my favourites.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: September 09, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »
we play him on a wing and i have a few issues with this.
1/ his foot skills are not good enough.
2/ hes a down hill skier and only runs one way hard.
3/ his pace well hes not slow but hes no line breaker imo.

while hes been a valuable pick up and his run and spread in 2012 was excellent hes always been one i thought we should in time be looking to upgrade on.
dont think we should cut him but atm i would hope we are looking to have someone push him out of the 22.
:clapping Depth player whose still in our 22. Need to upgrade

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #454 on: March 06, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
Grigg strives to stay steady

richmondfc.com.au 
March 6, 2014

“I just want to be a consistent performer again, both inside and outside, just wherever the coach sees fit,” Grigg said.

The 25-year-old veteran of 109 league games, has predominantly been used on a wing (and to good effect) during his time so far at Tigerland, but he could find himself in a different role at stages throughout 2014.

“Maybe I could give the boys a chop-out as a half-forward, and try and kick some ‘snags’ (goals),” he said.

Grigg had minor shoulder surgery at the end of the 2013 season, but that hasn’t prevented him from putting in another solid pre-season.

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-03-06/grigg-strives-to-stay-steady

the claw

« Reply #455 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:04 PM »
is anyone here concerned about contested ball at all.

deledio,martin, ellis, conca, knights grigg and houli would all be best 22 atm yet none of them get enough contested ball.
even blokes like foley are not getting enough contested ball.
its gotta be a worry when such a limited player and undersized player like s edwards is about the best c/p player we have. geez even jackson had 60% of his possesions as uncontestyed.  its a worry that these blokes are kicking the ball so much.
we lost our best c/p player in tuck as well. we are ranked behind all other top 8 sides in this area and only really in front of ess and nm who were rated last yr in this area and even then its a close run thing.
it means  we must have blokes like vlastuin miles foley play more  inside roles. we desperately need deledio, conca and  ellis and martin to start winning more ball.

we have so many outside players im not sure there is a real need for grigg. trouble is we dont seem to have players who run run run to replace him.
team sure could do with a 188 - 190cm big bodied hunter of the ball and man.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: March 06, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
is anyone here concerned about contested ball at all.

deledio,martin, ellis, conca, knights grigg and houli would all be best 22 atm yet none of them get enough contested ball.
even blokes like foley are not getting enough contested ball.
its gotta be a worry when such a limited player and undersized player like s edwards is about the best c/p player we have. geez even jackson had 60% of his possesions as uncontestyed.  its a worry that these blokes are kicking the ball so much.
we lost our best c/p player in tuck as well. we are ranked behind all other top 8 sides in this area and only really in front of ess and nm who were rated last yr in this area and even then its a close run thing.
it means  we must have blokes like vlastuin miles foley play more  inside roles. we desperately need deledio, conca and  ellis and martin to start winning more ball.

we have so many outside players im not sure there is a real need for grigg. trouble is we dont seem to have players who run run run to replace him.
team sure could do with a 188 - 190cm big bodied hunter of the ball and man.
Probably why they targeted Miles and Thomas. Both may get an elevation from rookie status.  Both are footy extractors.  Already I'm loving the look of Miles!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2014, 03:25:07 AM »
Was out on his feet in the last half. #gutrunning
Absolutely nothing left in the tank.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2014, 07:01:33 AM »
I got excited in the 2nd qtr when he actually laid a tackle

Was better than the GC game but ..... still the same old same old, floats in floats out

Yep the running was better but a few times in the 3rd he yet again refused to chase and stood back when he needed to go in and help a team mate

Terrific, just terrific TM
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2014, 07:43:15 AM »
Probably the only player to have ever walked the length of the MCG with the ball in hand  :cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »
No one to replace him?

McBean (a smaller forward goes to the wing to accommodate)
Mcintosh ( as above with a defender)

Lennon. Donuts. Ohanlon. Arnot. Miles. Bachelor. Helbig. Dea. Gordon. Llyod. Bannfield. Knights. Aaron Edwards...

DimmaHardwick selection policy bollocks getting tiresome

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #461 on: April 05, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »
Linsanity > grigg

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: April 05, 2014, 03:06:04 PM »
Is he playing today ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: April 05, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »
Is he playing today ?

Dimma will tell us later in the week about the fantastic effort he put in, sacrificing his game for a run with role on ..... ??? ..... the boundary umpire?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #464 on: April 05, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »
Absolute wacko
Go Tigers!