Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60832 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »
Not too unhappy with this deal.

Didn't mind Collins but he was skinny and defense wasn't his strong part

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »
For stuff sake ramps, if you want see Carlton screwed over that bad go and burn down Princess Park. Dont expect the club to forgo the bigger picture just to screw them over.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ramps

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
For eff sake ramps, if you want see Carlton screwed over that bad go and burn down Princess Park. Dont expect the club to forgo the bigger picture just to screw them over.

why would i go to jail for those pricks. people like you just reckon that theyll return the favor next time where looking for a favor in trade week. they'll spit on us and then laugh themselves silly.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
ramps and co

u r all dramA queen fairies

grigg is a better player than collins so suck it up all of u

welcome to tigerland grigg

Not the point X. Point is if you got Carlton by the knackers then you finish em. You dont pull your pants down and cop it! Who are our administrators working for anyway. We pay there salaries, the least they could do is show some spine and represent us properly rather than just caving in. Richmond are too soft when it comes to trading!

we traded a nothing player for a kid with tons of balls potential and more upside

we finished 15th ffs and u r a hardwick fan and hardwick wanted grigg

im with hardwick all the way

TigerTimeII

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »
and if andy collins didnt wanna go he didnt have too dont forget that

Ramps

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »
well yeah I am a hardwick fan and I will continue to support hardwick as I will support Grigg coz the kid isnt at fault. the worst thing we can do is go after Grigg. Lets all hope he succeeds and hopefully all our supporters get in and support him. none of us want a mcmahon type situation anyway. i think collins was overrated anyway, im just disappointed we didnt screw carlton when we got the chance.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
I really rated Collo, disapointed as I rate him higher than Grigg but the way I see it we now get Grigg and Houli for Collins - Houli goes into the PSD and we take him.

Or we now withdraw the offer of a third round pick and offer Polo. Too slow Bombers

Ox

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »
well yeah I am a hardwick fan and I will continue to support hardwick as I will support Grigg coz the kid isnt at fault. the worst thing we can do is go after Grigg.

Just to even things up Rampsovoula,I'll be his nemesis,waiting at his every possession to inflict the scorn of 100 years of hatred to all things Carlton.

LMAO - Somebody has to do it.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

One thing for sure Grigg is a Tiger now and wanted to come so he has 100% support from me.  :thumbsup

He's gunna need it. There will be many who hate him already and nothing will ever change their mind. There will even be many who want him to fail.

Sad actually.
I wonder if all clubs have them?

Madness.

Collins will go on - Griggs the effen dog carlscum sob wont.

You weak dog grigss!

Worst post I've seen in some time.
embarrassing, really.  :-\
Brownlow 2011 or public execution.

FO !!!!

Ur not welcome.

Worst post I've seen in some time.
embarrassing, really.  :-\

Edited quote
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:21:18 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
For eff sake ramps, if you want see Carlton screwed over that bad go and burn down Princess Park. Dont expect the club to forgo the bigger picture just to screw them over.

why would i go to jail for those pricks. people like you just reckon that theyll return the favor next time where looking for a favor in trade week. they'll spit on us and then laugh themselves silly.

Not sure about the people like me ramps, but myself I reakon if someone has something you want, and they want something you are prepared to give up, you take the offer.
The club made a decision that they believe will take the club forward, but your dirty on them because they didnt fulfill a vendetta you have against Carlton.

If you let petty vendettas rule your decision making you will go nowhere.
Do whats best for you, not what's worst for someone else.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2010, 07:21:33 PM »
well yeah I am a hardwick fan and I will continue to support hardwick as I will support Grigg coz the kid isnt at fault. the worst thing we can do is go after Grigg. Lets all hope he succeeds and hopefully all our supporters get in and support him. none of us want a mcmahon type situation anyway. i think collins was overrated anyway, im just disappointed we didnt screw carlton when we got the chance.

what makes u think we didnt?

we traded a player taken very late in the draft for a kid who was a high draft pick

we won out of this deal that means carlscum were screwed

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
What a collosal cock up that is
Gone from a decent trade period to a crap one in one trade
Why?
You really need an explanation?
We had all the power in this trade yet we bent over the table and just "presented" to the Carlton Football Club

If both players were contracted and we didn't have Pick 2 in the PSD then it'd probably be a trade where it was a 50-50 or slight win of a trade to us, but that wasn't the scenario. We just folded, our negotiators are pee weak.

Yeah I would like an explaination, or i wouldnt have asked ;D

I posted before why i think the deal is a fair one.

It suits our needs. Our needs are not to screw over another club just to satisfy the blood lust of the supporters.

You get a fair deal that gets you want you want, you take it.
No business can survive thinking otherwise.

Good ole deepthroat on BF reakons there is someone on their Radar for the PSD
RFC official said that hopefully they can keep pick 2 in the draft get another good player.

The difference is that you think it is a fair deal, others don't. For some reason you seem to think that opinion overrides all others.

The argument that Grigg has delivered more than Collins or that he has significantly more upside is pure opinion, not fact.
In their career, they both average about 17 possessions, 4 marks and Collins has an extra tackle per game.
As for the weight thing, I thought we were looking for elite kicks and outside mids - does Grigg or Bacher truly fit that profile?
Grigg has player 18 more games but is a year older and has a year more development under his belt.
Whose to say Collins won't put on 4 or 5 kilos next year, play 22 games and develop the engine required to play midfield.
On the flip side, Grigg might play 22 games, have an injury free run and improve his decision making to off set his average kicking.

There are all marginal arguments for or against this trade.

As for the negotiating a "fair deal" thing, honestly some people think they are part of the United Nations!!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins [Confirmed]
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2010, 07:51:42 PM »
My initial reaction was 'not happy jan' not so much at the direct swap, but like others have mentioned, thought we were too soft in negotiations and are showing way to much eagerness to land these 2 guys who are, lets get serious, midde of the road midfield rotation types.

I wasnt a massive AC fan, but was prepared to give him time bc i like thinking footballers, not enough of them around especially in yellow and black!

But lets not jump the gun yet ppl, the club may have someone on the radar for the PSD, in which case this will turn into a good move. I will back the footy departments judgement that grigg suits their plans more than AC, and tbh Im glad we've still kept our picks. Give them a chance to play out the whole trade week plan b4 passing judgement. However if we dare give away our bock pick or 2nd rounder for houli, i will tear down the place  :whistle

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
Hello all... First time posting die hard Tigers fan been reading for a few months now but all this drama surrounding trade week was too tempting for me not to add my 2 cents.

I understand the disappointment that we didn't completely bend the blues over in regards to the trade but i have to trust that the club knows what its doing. We couldn't get both grigg and houli in the PSD and there was (and still is in the case of houli) a chance they would enter the national draft where it seems clear that fans would have been unhappy with anything higher than a 4th round pick selection of them but by then i am sure someone would have snapped them up. The club may also be targeting someone else with its PSD Selection.

Personally i would prefer Grigg over Collins as well. Our players for years have been too slight and easy to bump off the ball and Collins was the clear example of one of these players. Sure he had a touch of class but it was rarely displayed. He was injury prone and far to unaccountable to be playing in midfield. His best position was as a forward flanker but his defensive pressure was still poor and one day i would like to envisage Troy Taylor playing this role and being much more dangerous in the position. After 4 years he was still a fringe 22 player and one that i thought was dispensable. For me the worst case scenario is that Grigg becomes a fringe 22 (but i do believe he has a role in our best 22) player in which case the trade is a nill all draw.

I liked andy and though he busted his bum for the club but we need to get bigger and stronger in a very literal sense and i believe this trade will help with this process. So hello again to all anyone feel free to tell me how much they disagree i look forward to some good debate on these matters and the future of the RFC.

Morgan.

tony_montana

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2010, 08:01:38 PM »
Hello all... First time posting die hard Tigers fan been reading for a few months now but all this drama surrounding trade week was too tempting for me not to add my 2 cents.

I understand the disappointment that we didn't completely bend the blues over in regards to the trade but i have to trust that the club knows what its doing. We couldn't get both grigg and houli in the PSD and there was (and still is in the case of houli) a chance they would enter the national draft where it seems clear that fans would have been unhappy with anything higher than a 4th round pick selection of them but by then i am sure someone would have snapped them up. The club may also be targeting someone else with its PSD Selection.

Personally i would prefer Grigg over Collins as well. Our players for years have been too slight and easy to bump off the ball and Collins was the clear example of one of these players. Sure he had a touch of class but it was rarely displayed. He was injury prone and far to unaccountable to be playing in midfield. His best position was as a forward flanker but his defensive pressure was still poor and one day i would like to envisage Troy Taylor playing this role and being much more dangerous in the position. After 4 years he was still a fringe 22 player and one that i thought was dispensable. For me the worst case scenario is that Grigg becomes a fringe 22 (but i do believe he has a role in our best 22) player in which case the trade is a nill all draw.

I liked andy and though he busted his bum for the club but we need to get bigger and stronger in a very literal sense and i believe this trade will help with this process. So hello again to all anyone feel free to tell me how much they disagree i look forward to some good debate on these matters and the future of the RFC.

Morgan.

welcome Morgan, reckon you'll enjoy the tiger talk on oer.

All the best