Author Topic: THE GRIGG vs COLLINS DEBATE!  (Read 60854 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins [Confirmed]
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2010, 09:49:12 PM »
Take the emotion out of it people.

Now that just ain't going to happen Mr Magic.  :nope
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
Swapped one unproven player for another.

No it isn't, jury out.

Grigg's recent form suggests currently he is a better player.

no it doesnt, you cannot possibly say one is better than the other at this stage judging by who played better in the last 8 games of the season. Long bow to draw

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »

After what they did to us over the Matheson deal we should have let Grigg Slip through to the PSD.

We need to stay focussed on that and not on petty vendettas.
..................... on hear Daniel you recognise that more than most.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2010, 12:03:37 AM »
Magic is right emotion has now been taken out of it and I believe it's a fair deal. Houli is another story.
My brother a Carlton member if 10 yrs and who goes to most games rates him highly. He said he got us over the line against the eagles late this year.
The only issue is we should play hardball with all teams especially when we have the upperhand like in this case.
Im not sure if anyone has picked up that both houli and grigg are  left footers.
Clarkson made a big effort to get as many left sides players into the club as he could.. Maybe dimma is doing the same.

Could provide a clue as to who our pick 6 will be.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2010, 03:12:11 AM »
Grigg a Tiger, Collins a Blue
Emma Quayle, Jon Pierik
October 10, 2010

YOUNG Richmond forward Andrew Collins yesterday agreed to a three-year contract with Carlton, enabling uncontracted Carlton midfielder Shaun Grigg to make his way to Punt Road.

The Blues will turn their attention to finding new homes for Andrew Walker and Sam Jacobs, but have expressed only minor interest in Jack Anthony, the Collingwood player who was considered some chance to feature in a three-club deal between the Blues, Magpies and Fremantle late last week.

Richmond and Carlton yesterday completed their straight swap of Grigg and Collins, who were drafted at the top and bottom ends of the 2006 draft, Grigg a priority selection at pick 19 for the Blues and Collins the No. 73 pick who broke through to play 15 games this year.

After his name was raised earlier this week, Collins took a look around the Blues' headquarters and spoke with coach Brett Ratten on Friday.

The 21-year-old's manager, Anthony McConville, said that while Collins was surprised that his name came up, his meeting with Ratten had assured him of his place in his new club's plans. Collins is a nephew of 1979 Carlton premiership player Peter Francis.

''It's been agreed to today. Andy will go to Carlton and he's happy about it. It was obviously unexpected - he wasn't expecting to go anywhere - but Carlton made a good pitch for him,'' said McConville.

''He met with Brett Ratten and came away extremely impressed with what they had to say. Basically from there we nutted out a deal for him and now it's all agreed to.''

Richmond's general manager of football, Craig Cameron, said Grigg's ''inside'' abilities would help release the Tigers' classy ball-movers, such as Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Brett Deledio. ''Andrew is a quality, young player, but at the end of the day you have to give up something decent to get something decent, and that's what happened with this trade,'' Cameron said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grigg-a-tiger-collins-a-blue-20101009-16d50.html

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2010, 07:11:49 AM »
Gee given that about releasing our classier mids I hope he is better than the last person we drafted to fill this role, ie Thompson

jackstar is back again

« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »
would think that Griigg has plenty of upside
Collins not.
Remember Collins struggled in the first month this year.
His defensive side of his game isnt great either.
We win out of this deal.
Spoke to one of Griggs ex coaches, Thinks big win for us

jackstar is back again

« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »
Take the emotion out of it people.

Have upgraded the player and not given up any picks.

Well done Tigers. :)

correct :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2010, 09:18:15 AM »
Gee given that about releasing our classier mids I hope he is better than the last person we drafted to fill this role, ie Thompson

i think so Chuck. My brother is a mad Blues fan and he is very annoyed they got rid of Grigg. The difference here is Thomposon had showed nothing at Port before we drafted him. Choco has a good eye for talent and it was no surprise he was more than happy to let Thompson go. Grigg though has been a main contributor in some games won at the tail end of this year.

I have been banging on about our skinny mid/flanker types and in the light of the day when you sit down and have a look at it we have made a good decision. Being a left footer helps as you can never have enough of them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
I really hope we made the right decision but I am not at all sure. This could be either the worst decision we have made or a prudent one. Only time will tell.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »
i think so Chuck. My brother is a mad Blues fan and he is very annoyed they got rid of Grigg. The difference here is Thomposon had showed nothing at Port before we drafted him. Choco has a good eye for talent and it was no surprise he was more than happy to let Thompson go.
You need to stop telling lies one day
Thomson turned down a contract from Port to be traded to us, so they wanted to keep him

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
Come on people take a chile pill.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2010, 12:36:22 PM »
i think so Chuck. My brother is a mad Blues fan and he is very annoyed they got rid of Grigg. The difference here is Thomposon had showed nothing at Port before we drafted him. Choco has a good eye for talent and it was no surprise he was more than happy to let Thompson go.
You need to stop telling lies one day
Thomson turned down a contract from Port to be traded to us, so they wanted to keep him
Either way he is a dud. End of story....

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE- IF ITS TRUE! ..... Blues, Tigers swap Grigg, Collins
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2010, 12:45:03 PM »

I'm not sure what experience you base "real world" for describing fairness in negotiating, "win win" always seemed a bit idealistic to me, I'd be interested to hear more.

In the business world most transactions are a win/win or pretty damn close.

Sure everyone wants to get the best deal they can, but it normally ends up with every one content. Sometimes one side will have an advantage for one reason or another, sometimes they press that advantage to the fullest sometimes they dont.

If someone tries to continually screw you over, you just don't deal with them.

Why did people keep dealing with Kerry Packer after he bought Channel 9 for a dollar?

I just struggle with the view that the commercial world is inherently "fair".

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2010, 02:14:42 PM »
Am watching Collingwood year after year screwing teams over, yet they still get dealt with every year. The view that you don't pee off a team to preserve future relationships is rubbish.