Author Topic: Official Delistings  (Read 6417 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Delistings
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »
Good decisions by the club - with the exception of Miller and Hislop, 2 mature players as rookies is a joke.
I really hope that the club remains both committed and focussed on bringing new players into our development system and avoids the trap of taking players from other clubs.

We have de-listed/retired 5 players who were originally taken from opposition clubs - Thomson, Hislop, Polak, Cuz and Simmonds.

Cuz is the only clear win from the group, the foreign legion approach has not worked for 10 years.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »
Well done Hardwick and the football dept. I would think another cleanout of 8-9 next year and we will have turned our list over and should have the core list capable of playing finals footy for many years.

Highly doubt it. I'd say Nahas and Tuck will probably go next year and maybe White. Hard to write any others off
Tuck and White I believe are both contracted until 2012. They don't appear to have worthwhile trade value either based on recent trade periods. Nahas, Thursty, King, Rance, Gourdis plus all our current rookies would need a strong 2011 to survive this time next year IMO. If Foley has another year interrupted by injury the club may try to trade him. Both he and McGuane are also contracted until 2012.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »
Oh my goodness, whos going to be our whipping boy from now on.

Oh well I guess there will be someone who will step down so we can all slag off on and withdraw support of -  if need be - LOL

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 12:24:48 AM »

Oh well I guess there will be someone who will step down so we can all slag off on and withdraw support of -  if need be - LOL

Oh, there will be ... and i am tipping Shane Edwards to be just that!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 12:30:47 AM »

Not if he plays like he did this year.

I think Nahas may have taken that mantle.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:10 AM »

Nahas wont get a match next year.

Only way Nahas will, is if players are injured.

Not if he plays like he did this year.

I think Nahas may have taken that mantle.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 02:16:24 AM »
Good work Dimma

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »
and polo has paid the price for opening his mouth too much early in the season and having major attitude issues

That's very funny very funny indeed  :rollin :jump :jump

You will defend him to the day you die WP..... :thumbsup

On another note, we don't really have anyone to bag next year now do we, the list looks pretty good..... no doubt someone will cop it though.. :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 06:57:07 AM »
You will defend him to the day you die WP..... :thumbsup

Hmmm... not really. When things are true you cant defend when things are not true I find them funny, have a laugh and move on   ;D :lol

BTW WAT I'm not surprised at all he got de-listed  ;)

On another note, we don't really have anyone to bag next year now do we, the list looks pretty good..... no doubt someone will cop it though.. :lol

Oh we do .. I would think Nahas currently holds the title with all Tiger eyes on poor Grigg who will take up the mantle if he plays one bad game  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 07:13:23 AM »
Very happy with the delistings. Good work by Club. I feel sorry for Roberts I hope he sorts out his personal issues. Polo just never developed. Hislop and Thomson were never up to scratch. McMahon was just one of the many terrible decisions Wallace made.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »
Very happy with the delistings. Good work by Club. I feel sorry for Roberts I hope he sorts out his personal issues. Polo just never developed. Hislop and Thomson were never up to scratch. McMahon was just one of the many terrible decisions Wallace made.

roberts was just really missing his son and family, they were his issues

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »
If Dimma achieves nothing else in his time at RFC at least he has the achievement of de-spudding the Tiges

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »
If Dimma achieves nothing else in his time at RFC at least he has the achievement of de-spudding the Tiges

I would suggest that if he achieves nothing else then he will also have re-spudded the Tiges!  :o

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
Good decisions by the club - with the exception of Miller and Hislop, 2 mature players as rookies is a joke.
I really hope that the club remains both committed and focussed on bringing new players into our development system and avoids the trap of taking players from other clubs.

We have de-listed/retired 5 players who were originally taken from opposition clubs - Thomson, Hislop, Polak, Cuz and Simmonds.

Cuz is the only clear win from the group, the foreign legion approach has not worked for 10 years.

By the same token you could say that drafting youth has not worked for us either Y&B.

Recycling players itself has not been the problem, it's the players selected, just the same as with our drafting of youth.

I found Blair Hartlty's comment about drafting for talent and trading for need interesting.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »
well that was very much needed, well done tiges

Just dissapointed we're wasting 2 rookie spots on Hislop and Miller.

Can you imagine if Tuck, White, Graham & King didn't save/extend their careers this season?  it would have been 15 changes - 29 changes in 2 seasons yikes!  :o

A bit of perspective for those who sometimes get ahead of themselves as to where this club is at