Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 30461 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery
derickx is 3 year older
than vickery
Firstly what has age got to do with it ?
vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!
Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level
He would have to be 4th choice ruckman atm.
He's also the 3rd youngest ruckman on our list, only by 2 months over Andrew Browne. Not that sure how far ahead Browne is of him either, certainly not much.

Which means he can't play R1 unless something pretty major changes in the next few weeks.

No biggie, hes just nowhere near ready to be playing senior footy.
Probably why he's been training to play forward more this season
Ball didn't get down there much though did it?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »
I didn't get a chance to jump on last night after coming home from the game or today but I left the game feeling pretty peed off...by the dirty f%#$ Carlskum supporters behind me that wouldn't stop screaming all game. I haven't been to a game in years where a group of dirty drunken dicks and skanks have been so downright annoying.  :banghead

Anyway to the game itself....

Astbury showed enough for mine to say he will become our CHB for many years to come. Great poise, skills and strength for a second year player. Very, very impressed!  :clapping

Derickx was surprizingly good in the second game when he was given the first ruck dutues. His marking and skills were terrific and I felt much superior to Browne in the game earlier. I think he should be played in the 3rd forward/support ruck role this year over Vickery until Vickery outperforms him.

Batchelor was impressive across half back and has a beautiful penetrating left boot. Interesting how this then allowed Connors up on the wing too.

McDonald only popped up a couple of times but looks good. Tough, fast but does need more endurance. His shot for goal was blown from him trying to suck in enough air to steady himself. Great prospect though.

Conca is too small currently as you would expect at this stage of his career but is everything people have been saying about him. Still a couple of seasons away from breaking into our midfield constently imho

Moron was good, Connors not bad, Contin showed enough. Morre and Thursty were solid. Taylor took some nice grabs. Captain Kingy was barely noticable.

Rance reads the play well and knows where to run, take a grab and defend...but he still looks frantic with the pill in his mits. He is still doing the old 360 degree malarky when he runs into an opponent and makes some terrible decisions. Keep the ball out of his hands, he's fine but otherwise another year in Coburg awaits.

Nahas was reported to have had a great preseason....reportedly  :whistle Nancy was smashed but at least he still went in hard despite his size.

Edwards made some woeful mistakes but I'll give him some latitude after the credit he built up last year. At least for now.

For a player, Miller makes a great emergency/depth forward and coach because tonight he did nothing to say he should get a game over Griffiths or even Post.

Overall, I was pleased that some of our young fellows showed glimpses and happy that we may have added to our depth. I'm desperately looking forward to bringing our more senior players back in and giving Carlton a touch up. Just can't stand the club, players and particularly their supporters!  :chuck

Stripes

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2011, 02:34:12 AM »
Vickery doing a Riewoldt? Winning a coleman or posing nude with Zac Dawson?

???

Davey, I meant getting his act together, with Riewoldt it just klicked last year, a lot of posters on this site were calling him a dud and wanting to get rid of him since he came to the club. He was going through what Vickery is now. Lets just give him time to develop...thats all I was saying.

Who was saying that?  :o Jack kicked 30 goals as a 21 year old in 09...I wasn't too worried about him. His first half of that year was horribly bad but his 2nd half was really good.

I think Jack had shown a lot more at that age than what Vickery has done so far. Fair point though...it is Ty's 3rd season. Has time on his side

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2011, 02:53:19 AM »
Vickery doing a Riewoldt? Winning a coleman or posing nude with Zac Dawson?

???

Davey, I meant getting his act together, with Riewoldt it just klicked last year, a lot of posters on this site were calling him a dud and wanting to get rid of him since he came to the club. He was going through what Vickery is now. Lets just give him time to develop...thats all I was saying.

Who was saying that?  :o Jack kicked 30 goals as a 21 year old in 09...I wasn't too worried about him. His first half of that year was horribly bad but his 2nd half was really good.

I think Jack had shown a lot more at that age than what Vickery has done so far. Fair point though...it is Ty's 3rd season. Has time on his side
Taller the player, the longer it takes to come good. Vickery should be compared to other ruckmen, not key forwards.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2011, 02:58:21 AM »
He reminds me of Barry Brooks

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 03:31:35 AM »
He reminds me of Barry Brooks

You're up late, you have a wife gone into labour or something (like me!)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 03:37:52 AM »
Nah mate, just up from my regular 2-3 hours of sleep. At least I am sober this time

Good luck wit the missus  :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »
Champagne effort that. The missus is in labour and it's oer time  ;D

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2011, 04:13:05 AM »
Cheers Fellas.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2011, 07:38:08 AM »
Moron was good, Connors not bad ...

You got something against Mitch?  :-\

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2011, 08:07:34 AM »
I didn't get a chance to jump on last night after coming home from the game or today but I left the game feeling pretty peed off...by the dirty f%#$ Carlskum supporters behind me that wouldn't stop screaming all game. I haven't been to a game in years where a group of dirty drunken dicks and skanks have been so downright annoying.  :banghead

Someone should set up a charity where we can all chip in and buy Carlton supporters another eyebrow :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Champagne effort that. The missus is in labour and it's oer time  ;D

:lol

All the best with it all HRT.   :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2011, 08:42:43 AM »

Good luck wit the missus  :thumbsup

She's ready to give birth so that happened months ago .

:cheers @ HRT
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »
Considering there is still 7 weeks until round 1, basically one third of a season, and the top shelf of our list was rested, i dont think i'll read too much into saturday night. First game of the pre-season, you've got B and C graders trying to step up and fill the shoes of our A graders with half a side of first time D graders to support them. I'm sure Dimma & Co. didn't mind having a good look at our round 1 and 4 opponents while giving them a good look at Coburg  ;)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery
derickx is 3 year older
than vickery
Firstly what has age got to do with it ?
vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!
Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level
He would have to be 4th choice ruckman atm.
He's also the 3rd youngest ruckman on our list, only by 2 months over Andrew Browne. Not that sure how far ahead Browne is of him either, certainly not much.

Which means he can't play R1 unless something pretty major changes in the next few weeks.

No biggie, hes just nowhere near ready to be playing senior footy.
Probably why he's been training to play forward more this season
Ball didn't get down there much though did it?

My thoughts are that Vickery will be gone at years end, ala Patterson
Mail from other club scouts tell me that he isnt rated and wouldnt be in our best 25.
he wont get the forward position as Griffiths and Post will get them