Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 30460 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:49 PM »
I really like Derrickx.no 39  :thumbsup
Grimes looks okay as well
Batchelor looks classy

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »

But can I get some support to offload Matt White for 5kg of Urine Cakes?
Lucky for you he wouldn't even pee on you if you were on fire.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:09 PM »

But can I get some support to offload Matt White for 5kg of Urine Cakes?
Lucky for you he wouldn't even pee on you if you were on fire.

I'd drink it if it guaranteed he never to took the field again.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2011, 10:58:16 PM »
We should have traded Nahas for a second hand washing machine, and half a pidgeon sub.

Totally agree, and even add Rance as well

Undecided on Rance.
Rance was clearly better in the second game and took some nice marks overhead in defence but long-term he doesn't have a solid natural footskills to be a rebounding tall out of defence.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
Rance is too slow, forget about him,
Better off giving Grimes a go

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2011, 11:06:48 PM »
Same spuds as always making the errors.
Edwards (terrible, no chance for round one on this performance)
White (as above, just rotten skills)
Rance (sorry got a bit of the ball but gives me chills every time he goes to move)

Positives - Browne did well 1st game, Derickx Ok, Bachelor & Conca OK,

Was to be expected but still stings losing badly to these pricks.  Still a long, long, long way off Collingwood

Just returned from the game and Pmac your spot on. Adding to that i really liked DerickX i thought he tackled and chased hard for a big man. Morton will slit right into my super coach this year i see big things for him. Astbury looks the goods down back. Will become our general IMO.

Nahas will slot straight into the best 22 at COBURG RESERVES. stuff me dead what a dud he is. Edwards well we wont be winning a flag if he keeps playing in this team

Nason as usual gets thrown to the ground far too easily, I watch guys like Blair from Collingwood and never do they get thrown about but Nason well too much of a lightweight IMO.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:10:53 AM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »
I really like Derrickx.no 39  :thumbsup
Grimes looks okay as well
Batchelor looks classy

mate i saw him chase and tackle tonight something i rarely see from that Vickery and even Graham at times.

On tonights performance i would keep playing DerickX ahead of Vickery.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »
Same spuds as always making the errors.
Edwards (terrible, no chance for round one on this performance)
White (as above, just rotten skills)
Rance (sorry got a bit of the ball but gives me chills every time he goes to move)

Positives - Browne did well 1st game, Derickx Ok, Bachelor & Conca OK,

Was to be expected but still stings losing badly to these pricks.  Still a long, long, long way off Collingwood

Nahas will slot straight into the best 22 at COBURG RESERVES. stuff me dead what a dud he is.

You're over rating him.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:11:22 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery

derickx is 3 year older
than vickery

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »
Edwards should have built up some points from last year.

Bit of ahame that Collingwood and Carlton both played many senior players but it gave us a cahnce to have a good look at the new kids and quite frankly they all show enough for their first game.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2011, 12:50:44 AM »
I just saw both games on tv.

Based on what i saw tonight the criticisms of rance tonight are extremely overdone. Most of his kicks were to teammates, only saw 1 real bad one. He wasnt as slow as Jack has said and at times linked well.

I like batchelor - I think he showed he will be a very stable player from a back pocket - half back flank.

Conca can kick really well and when he gets into a midfield with our full compliment will be able to do and show more.

Derrickx took a couple of nice marks. Needs to work on Ruck work a little bit. Wouldnt mind seeing him in a key forward post to see how he handles that.

Miller shouldnt have been taken by us in any draft - even for experience.

Vickery is 3 years away at least.

We still have a long way to go.

Overall I thought we were good for 20 minutes against Carlton and 18 minutes of the first 20 against Collingwood. Overall not a bad showing considering the team we put out to play.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2011, 07:44:22 AM »
I just saw both games on tv.

Based on what i saw tonight the criticisms of rance tonight are extremely overdone. Most of his kicks were to teammates, only saw 1 real bad one. He wasnt as slow as Jack has said and at times linked well.

I like batchelor - I think he showed he will be a very stable player from a back pocket - half back flank.

Conca can kick really well and when he gets into a midfield with our full compliment will be able to do and show more.

Derrickx took a couple of nice marks. Needs to work on Ruck work a little bit. Wouldnt mind seeing him in a key forward post to see how he handles that.

Miller shouldnt have been taken by us in any draft - even for experience.

Vickery is 3 years away at least.

Overall I thought we were good for 20 minutes against Carlton and 18 minutes of the first 20 against Collingwood. Overall not a bad showing considering the team we put out to play.

Couldn't agree more! :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:25 AM »
Ok, so we played a mickey mouse game, with crap rules and half a team and got belted in a difficult pool! Who cares?

The speed of the game is bound to be quicker due to the short nature of the game and that will find out our kids!

We played a second game against the premiers who ran out fresh from the rooms. Now when i play i find it difficult to get moving again after half time sometimes (maybe because i am nearing the end than the start of my career!)

It is frustrating to watch but it was inevitable! Wait for round one!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2011, 10:08:45 AM »
All things considered i was happy with the overall performance from what is basically a reserves side, with many players who have very few or no senior games experience.

At no stage did we allow a near full strength opposition to totally overrun us.

You don't have to see much of conca to know he will be a very good footballer if he makes the grade. His vision, decision making and skills are spot on.

Batchelor looks like he has nice skills too.

Astbury was standout. did make some mistakes but at times his decision making and skills off half back neared sublime. He is a natural footballer.

Derrickx just got better the longer he went on. some strong marks toward the end of the game were encouraging and his efforts after the ball went to ground from a ruck contest put our other ruckmen to shame. Is it too big a call to have him in front of Browne after one game?

Of vickery, still is not ready i don't believe. Still needs another year or twoand is a good argument as why we need our resreves team so he can be be developed at a lower level exactly how the coaching staff decree.

Nahas white and edwards specifically seemed to be under instructions to take the play on. Last night they were up against better defences than they would have been practicing against so id imagine they were finding it a little more difficult to break the lines, as was shown by the number of times they were caught or pressured into turnovers. It will be interesting to see how this tactic pans out over time and with a more experienced team.

Of these three i still find nahas the biggest concern. He looks to have found that extra yard of pace that he seemed to have lost year, but he is still a dumb footballer. He has a lot of trouble absorbing the pressure rather than "deferring" it. Not as bad as as last year but really panics the closer he is to being tackled.

White didnt do much to impress but showed glimpses. First game of the season i'm prepared to cut him some slack, as i think he has something to offer. He just has to show that something more often. Make or break for him this year.

Edwards got a lot of the pill but particularly early on his disposal was ordinary. Again i'm prepared to cut him slack for the first game of the year.

With all three of these players and the role they were asked to play we need to remember that the step up they had to make last night from from training was enormous. Being asked to break the lines by playing on all the time against well drilled opposition, without our prime onballers to help by blocking and create space would be a bit more difficult than they found at practice.

Contin showed glimpses and looks like he knows where to position himself to get the pill.

Mcdonald's run down and tackle was a nice. Didn't someone say he was lazy, slow and overweight?

Overall the structures held up well, (again, all things considered). You could see the "press" at all lines early on. It broke down a bit as the night wore on, but that was to be expected.

Obviously i want to see improvement in our best 22, but for our futures sake the thing i want to see most is coburg winning games on the backs of the performance of the last few years' draftees and from last night i think we may start to see that.

If we look back to our NAB game last year and early rounds season proper, from our best 22 (thought to be at the time, anyway), then last nights performance from a second string side shows just how far we have come as a club in that time.

Yeah it would have been nice to have got through to the next round, as now i wont see them again until round 1, but I never expected that to happen anyway.

All things considered, pretty content about things.
 :gotigers

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:17 AM »
Good summation Al, agree with pretty much all that.