Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 30464 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »
Good Summary Al

Would add that Helbig and Cotin showed enough to suggest they could make it in time.

Miller might be a good coach but just didnt look fast enough or  ability to jump last night, the jurys out but he needs to show a bit more if he is to be of any value as a player.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
I thought Nick Westoff struggled big time looked so lost out there. Needs alot more time to develop, we need to be patient

At one point he literally just stood watching the play because he didn't know what to do
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
He was one of the last blokes taken in a rookie draft...I'm not expecting much.  :lol

Hate Westhoffs. Skinny pricks
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:47:09 PM by WilliamPowell »

jackstar is back again

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery

derickx is 3 year older
than vickery

Firstly what has age got to do with it ?
vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2011, 04:21:20 PM »
LMFAO

:lol

Great to have the footy back.  :cheers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2011, 05:59:12 PM »
Anyone reading too much into the losses would have to be mad, please. Don't just pick out individuals, wait until we are at full strength before we even contemplate finding out the strugglers for the year. Ty Vickery, he may end up doing a Riewoldt and that will shut a few up. 16 players out of our top 22 including our entire midfield......these games are worthless to me now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
Vickery doing a Riewoldt? Winning a coleman or posing nude with Zac Dawson?

???

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »

???

:lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
Anyone reading too much into the losses would have to be mad, please. Don't just pick out individuals, wait until we are at full strength before we even contemplate finding out the strugglers for the year. Ty Vickery, he may end up doing a Riewoldt and that will shut a few up. 16 players out of our top 22 including our entire midfield......these games are worthless to me now.

Not too sure about that WAT. DerickX played a better game than any game i have seen Vickery play.

He just looks lost out there and you have to question what influence his old man had on his selection.

The bloke has to start putting his body on the line not backing out as he has shown to do many times.

Browne/DerickX/Gus should be our options against the Blues. If anything Vickery up forward but Coburg is where he should learn what to do

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »

Not too sure about that WAT. DerickX played a better game than any game i have seen Vickery play.

He just looks lost out there and you have to question what influence his old man had on his selection.

The bloke has to start putting his body on the line not backing out as he has shown to do many times.

Browne/DerickX/Gus should be our options against the Blues. If anything Vickery up forward but Coburg is where he should learn what to do

Agree.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery

derickx is 3 year older
than vickery

vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!

He's contracted until the end of 2012 I believe.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »

derickx is 3 year older
than vickery

Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »

derickx is 3 year older
than vickery

Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level

He would have to be 4th choice ruckman atm.
Which means he can't play R1 unless something pretty major changes in the next few weeks.

No biggie, hes just nowhere near ready to be playing senior footy.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »

???

Davey, I meant getting his act together, with Riewoldt it just klicked last year, a lot of posters on this site were calling him a dud and wanting to get rid of him since he came to the club. He was going through what Vickery is now. Lets just give him time to develop...thats all I was saying.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"