Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 421068 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Reece Conca plays his 100th this week [merged]
« Reply #2625 on: June 29, 2018, 08:37:10 AM »
I think we might really feel the loss of Conca.

On our march to last year's flag, we had a number of players who came in to the side and really performed beyond expectations. Graham and Townsend just emerged to play pivotal roles. In 1980 we had Peter Welsh.

Conca looked to be doing similar this year. Maybe not as spectacularly, but I felt he was performing at that much higher level and impacting. It seems to me that those sort of players give you the extra dimension that can really propel you towards a flag at seasons end.

I really hope that some of our other younger players can sense an opportunity here and seize it. They might not come in this week, but no doubt there will be chances, so Menadue, Ellis, Mrakov and co. need to be busting their butts and getting ready for it.

Enter C Ellis  ;)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2626 on: June 29, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
Corey Ellis isn't up to it. An ordinary player and a waste of a first round pick. As for reece, terribly unlucky, hope the injury isn't bad and he can come back better than ever

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2627 on: June 29, 2018, 10:25:03 AM »
Lets remember the Townsend story, same thoughts at the time, comes in during our march to finals and the rest as they say is history.

Who knows if he is given the opportunity that he grabs it with both hands and adds something to our midfield. Wouldnt mind giving him the opportunity to see where he is in his development.

Playing at the G in front of thousands can lift performances compared to a suburban ground with a few hundred spectators, you just never know

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2628 on: June 29, 2018, 10:54:50 AM »
Yeah, I think CEllis has something to offer. He hasn't looked too bad in his recent games at the top level & is consistently good in the VFL. Just unlucky (and lucky at the same time) to be at such a great club with great depth.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2629 on: June 29, 2018, 11:37:07 AM »
Yeah, I think CEllis has something to offer. He hasn't looked too bad in his recent games at the top level & is consistently good in the VFL. Just unlucky (and lucky at the same time) to be at such a great club with great depth.

Doesn’t help that he plays through the middle in vfl and then gets shunted to half back or wing when he plays in the 1s.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2630 on: June 29, 2018, 12:00:33 PM »
Corey Ellis isn't up to it. An ordinary player and a waste of a first round pick. As for reece, terribly unlucky, hope the injury isn't bad and he can come back better than ever

Ellis’s form on the VFL has been excellent since going into the midfield.
He’s a like for like replacement for Conca IMO

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Reece Conca - badly dislocated ankle; doesn't require surgery [update]
« Reply #2631 on: June 29, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
Dislocated ankle, no break  :clapping
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Reece Conca - badly dislocated ankle; doesn't require surgery [update]
« Reply #2632 on: June 29, 2018, 12:27:36 PM »
SEN saying Reece won't need surgery either. It's better news than first thought.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2633 on: June 29, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »
SEN saying Reece won't need surgery either. It's better news than first thought.
Great news.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2634 on: June 29, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »
Richmond’s Reece Conca to avoid surgery after dislocating ankle in horror incident

June 29, 2018 12:10pm
Tom Morris
FOX SPORTS

RICHMOND’s Reece Conca has dodged a bullet and will not require surgery on a badly dislocated ankle after being stretchered from the ground on Thursday night.

There were fears Conca, who was celebrating his 100th game, would miss as many as 12 months due to a graphic broken lower leg, but Fox Footy understands scans have returned a positive diagnosis for the 25-year-old.

Richmond is expected to confirm the length of Conca’s absence soon, but it will be significantly shorter than what many thought on Thursday night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmonds-reece-conca-to-avoid-surgery-after-dislocating-ankle-in-horror-incident/news-story/b5086ccf4d529f8459f5b7afe3efdeb7

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2635 on: June 29, 2018, 01:11:38 PM »
Mr September  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2636 on: June 29, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »
Conca deserves a change in luck . Hope he gets another opportunity later this year.
Unleash the tornado

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2637 on: June 29, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »
Not sure why anyone is writing Corey Ellis off as a 22 year old when we know some players in the VFL only come into their prime around that age and will be drafted from this league. 

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2638 on: June 29, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
Good news for Reece.Over to you Ellis or Menadue opportunity has arisen.Ellis has looked at home in midfield in vfl.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2639 on: June 29, 2018, 04:06:11 PM »
Sometimes severe ligament damage can take longer to heal than a broken bone. The reason being is that ligaments have a very poor blood supply yet bone has a very good blood supply as a rule. We still don't have a good idea about how much ligament damage Reece has.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.