Author Topic: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton ......... Ratten 2011 = Wallace 2009?  (Read 18387 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton ......... Ratten 2011 = Wallace 2009?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »
I want to beat Carlton as much as anyone however the facts are

1) Carlton have made the finals two years in a row.
2) We have finished 15th two years in a row.

Carlton beat Geelong and St kilda last year.We have not beaten a top 4 team in 2 years.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »

Carlton beat Geelong and St kilda last year.We have not beaten a top 4 team in 2 years.

you know what Matt if the players think that then yeah we are beaten already. I dont buy it that they are a good team.
I dont give a rats who they beat. They just match up well against those sides bit like us vrs the Hawks.

Carazzo, Scotland, Henderson, Skills Houlihan(dud), Hampson, Yarran, Armfield etc etc all average players who can be beaten easily

They have 1 A Grader in Judd. 5 or so B graders in Gibbs, Murphy and Simpson(Just), Kruzer, Betts. The rest are no better than some of ours.

We dont get beaten by Carlton Round 1 we get beaten by the scene. The big crowd, The big build up. Thats what does it to us and it must change.

Its no coinsidence the only win we have had in Round 1 was Judd's first game. We were hardly mentioned in the months prior. All the focus, all the Cameras were following the Blues for 3 months prior to that game.

We can beat these suckers, we just have to go out there believing it and we will win.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:07:14 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »
If Gibbs, Murphy, Kruz etc played for us we'd be calling them A graders. Some people on forums think Jackson and McGuane are A graders.  :help

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »
If Gibbs, Murphy, Kruz ect played for us we'd be calling them A graders. Some people on forums think Jackson and McGuane are A graders.  :help

Murphy is class but we have him covered if we perform. Simpson is a joke. He would be a dud in our team.

IMO we have 1 A grader thats Jack. Lids & Martin B grade. Cotch and Foley(if he gets back) are B-, Newman maybe. Thats our top 5

Anyone who thinks those 2 you said are anything apart from D then they need to get off the disco biscuits.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
Simpson is underrated and an important player for the Blues off a half-back flank or wing. He might be just a B-grader but he is consistent and has clean skills to hit targets. He probably flies under the radar because he played in those crap Carlton teams that 'won' 3 spoons.

After being flogged everytime we've played Carlton over the past 2 years I would hope our first aim is to at least be competitive against this mob and not embarrass ourselves and the Club on the primetime round 1 stage again. If we want to kept this so called "blockbuster" opening game spot we can't afford to cough up 5 goals to zip in the first 15 minutes  and be on the end of another one-way thrashing again as we were in 2009 and 2010  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
Tickets go on sale for club members on Tuesday, March 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------
While ticket prices are yet to be confirmed for the 2011 AFL season, on-sale dates are as follows:

General Public:
Rounds 1-23: Tuesday March 8 at 9am
Round 24: Monday August 1 at 9am

Club Members:
Rounds 1-23: Tuesday March 1 at 9am
Round 24: Monday August 1 at 9am

AFL Members:
March and April matches: Friday March 4 at 9am
May matches: Friday April 1 at 9am
June matches: Friday May 6 at 9am
July matches: Friday June 3 at 9am
August matches: Friday July 1 at 9am
Round 24: Friday August 5 at 9am

MCC Members:
Rounds 1-23: Thursday March 3 at 9am (reserved seating and visitor tickets)
Round 24: Monday August 1, 9am (reserved seating and visitor tickets)

Tickets to all matches at the MCG will be sold through Ticketek.

http://www.mcg.org.au/News/News/2011/February/2011%20AFL%20tickets.aspx

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
Tickets for club members are now on sale

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=CARLT0111

the claw

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »

they beat those two in the first 7 rounds of the season. they did not beat an eventual top 8 side for the rest of the yr.

if i remember correctly at the half way mark they were 7 and 4.and eyeing of a top 4 berth.
the only teams they beat after rnd 11 were bris 13th ess 14th rich 15th and wce 16th. they copped some hidings from the good teams and beat up on the weaker teams.i dont recall them having a lot of serious  injuries to important players other than kruezer. this poor effort against top 8 sides and just 4 wins from their final 11 is what has me question them.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »

they beat those two in the first 7 rounds of the season. they did not beat an eventual top 8 side for the rest of the yr.

if i remember correctly at the half way mark they were 7 and 4.and eyeing of a top 4 berth.
the only teams they beat after rnd 11 were bris 13th ess 14th rich 15th and wce 16th. they copped some hidings from the good teams and beat up on the weaker teams.i dont recall them having a lot of serious  injuries to important players other than kruezer. this poor effort against top 8 sides and just 4 wins from their final 11 is what has me question them.

That's certainly an enlightening set of results.  Paints the Scum in a fairly different light in some ways and gives me hope that they will truly crash this year.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:10:18 PM by smokey_58au »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:03 PM »
 :pray
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 03:19:49 PM »
I know he might not be ready, but i'd like to see Derickx take the opening bounce in round 1 and batter into Hampson.

I can see the Blues coming out and trying to throw some weight around. They did it in the NAB1 match, Nason was crunched and every time there was a pack the Carlton players made sure they shoved our guys down as they got to their feet.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 07:10:15 PM »
Just 3 weeks exactly to round 1  :thumbsup

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL holds key to live season opener, sys Channel 10
Michael Warner
Herald Sun
March 04, 2011

THE AFL, not Channel 10, will decide whether the season-opening Richmond-Carlton blockbuster at the MCG is aired live.

Ten's head of football, David Barham, said yesterday the network was restricted from showing against-the-gate broadcasts of Melbourne matches under the terms of the league's TV rights contract.

The rule does not apply to Ten's broadcast partner, Channel 7, on Friday nights.

"If the AFL will let us go live, we will go live," Barham told SEN of the March 24 showdown.

"They know we want to go live. (But) we can only go live . . . with Carlton-Richmond if the AFL says it's OK.

"It's in our contract - we can only go live when the AFL lets us."

The AFL, which has been ramping up the pressure on its broadcasters to go live in recent months, yesterday confirmed the arrangement.

"The AFL's contract with Channel 10 doesn't allow for live telecasts, without approval, as that was the agreement that was signed back in 2005 for this rights period," league spokesman Patrick Keane said.

"The process has been that we have a discussion with both Ten and the clubs playing in the match to talk about a live telecast when it is shaping as a high-capacity game. This usually happens in the week leading up to the game.

This will be on our agenda for Richmond versus Carlton as we build up to round 1, and I would expect any decision on live coverage would be made in the 7-10 days before the game is played."

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou has made no secret of his anger at Seven's decision not to go live in recent seasons.

The station has preferred a one-hour delay in favour of the top-rating Better Homes & Gardens.

Demetriou said in November: "I don't think people want replays or delays . . . hopefully Channel 7 will get into the 21st century."

The AFL is eyeing a payday of more than $1 billion for the next round of rights, expected to be sold before the season's launch - up from $780 million under the existing deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-holds-key-to-live-season-opener-sys-channel-10/story-e6frf9jf-1226015595091

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Jamison has copped 2 weeks even with an early plea from the MRP. Ellard has also been suspended for a week.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »
Jamison has copped 2 weeks even with an early plea from the MRP. Ellard has also been suspended for a week.

Blues fans says it's lucky they only have us and the Gold Coast in the first two rounds....  ::)

Geez I hope we smash those tankers!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do