Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399552 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #1035 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »
I can't answer the on-field related questions as was stated from the beginning, sorry.
The question I posed was not for you to answer but to see if you could deliver it to the appropriate people at the club. I would hope their answer could be then be relayed back to this site via you.

Thanks.

With respect, Mr RFC_O made it clear from when he first started posting here that he couldn't answer questions related to the on field stuff. Directly or indirectly that's what you are asking here

I appreciate people don't like that but that's the way it is and has always been.
That's fine WP, however, last time he did say he'd pass things on.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1036 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:59 PM »
I can't answer the on-field related questions as was stated from the beginning, sorry.
The question I posed was not for you to answer but to see if you could deliver it to the appropriate people at the club. I would hope their answer could be then be relayed back to this site via you.

Thanks.

With respect, Mr RFC_O made it clear from when he first started posting here that he couldn't answer questions related to the on field stuff. Directly or indirectly that's what you are asking here

I appreciate people don't like that but that's the way it is and has always been.

Yeah that's was passing on comments about people's frustration about where we are at

He may pass on the question but he isn't in a position to give an answer
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1037 on: June 02, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »

Thanks.

Yeah that's was passing on comments about people's frustration about where we are at

No problem WP.
Is there a way of getting answers to any questions? The club never respond to emails. As a member of many years with significant financial contribution, it would be nice to get answers to some basic questions and I'm not talking about ranting and raving.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1038 on: June 03, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
No problem WP. Is there a way of getting answers to any questions? The club never respond to emails. As a member of many years with significant financial contribution, it would be nice to get answers to some basic questions and I'm not talking about ranting and raving.

We don't have a football department email, so the best one is to send to membership. Dimma in the past has asked for some of those emails to be forwarded to him so he can get a feeling for what the fans are saying. We do aim to reply to every email we get, and there are plenty, even the not so friendly ones.

Rampstar

« Reply #1039 on: June 03, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »
The club could hire some poor bastard to respond to supporter emails every Monday and Tuesday mornings  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1040 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
Is this thing still on?

I noticed another club promoted gambling tweet this evening.

So RFCO, to go back to my original question, the RFC policy is to protect minors from club promoted gambling ads if the social media network makes it easy to do so, otherwise it is open slather?

Correct, we don't promote to minors where possible.

If you don't want to promote to minors, then don't advertise on twitter where minors have access to it.

Pretty sure between the Club and Sportsbet can reach enough people without using twitter

I did all I could and unliked the club from my Facebook and Twitter feeds.
My membership will also be downgraded next year purely on the back of the club forcing it's gambling sponsorship down supporters throats.

Hope the money's worth it Richmond.

Rampstar

« Reply #1041 on: June 03, 2014, 10:18:42 AM »
Is this thing still on?

I noticed another club promoted gambling tweet this evening.

So RFCO, to go back to my original question, the RFC policy is to protect minors from club promoted gambling ads if the social media network makes it easy to do so, otherwise it is open slather?

Correct, we don't promote to minors where possible.

If you don't want to promote to minors, then don't advertise on twitter where minors have access to it.

Pretty sure between the Club and Sportsbet can reach enough people without using twitter

I did all I could and unliked the club from my Facebook and Twitter feeds.
My membership will also be downgraded next year purely on the back of the club forcing it's gambling sponsorship down supporters throats.

Hope the money's worth it Richmond.

So youre not upset by the performance just by the fact that the club gets sponsored by a gambling outfit? Ever been to Crown? Ever been in a TAB or a PUBTAB? ever watched the Melbourne Cup on TV? Dont be stupid. Leave because your peeed of at the administration at them taking the pee out of us but for a sponsorship arrangement ... seriously? wtf.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1042 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »

Thanks.

No problem WP.
Is there a way of getting answers to any questions? The club never respond to emails. As a member of many years with significant financial contribution, it would be nice to get answers to some basic questions and I'm not talking about ranting and raving.

the club does respond to members emails, As l got one when l told them l was cutting them off after the Melbourne loss. To my surprise a email was sent back to me on that Monday morning very early. Maybe l was the first they heard from after the game that day as l left early & sent the mail while traveling. But me being a faithful Tiger supporter for over 45 years l again go to the football thinking they will change. Nope it was worse than the Melbourne game against Essendon. l left early again & wont be returning to watch that type of football ever again. My hard earned is going to my local football club & not another cent to fund AFL coffers. l am done wasting thousands yearly going to the football in the city. l can turn on the pay tv if l want to watch football but if Richmond play football like that l will switch it off. No more stressing myself. You get that Gavin  ;D

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1043 on: June 03, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
RFC_Official

Can I downgrade my membership for this year to a 3 match one?

:cheers (this is a serious question not football related)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: June 03, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
RFC_Official

Sure, best to discuss directly over the phone with membership team, call 1300 RICHMOND and see what they can do.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1045 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:19 PM »
RFC_Official

Call Gavin now  ;D

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1046 on: June 03, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

Thanks.

No problem WP.

the club does respond to members emails, As l got one when l told them l was cutting them off after the Melbourne loss. To my surprise a email was sent back to me on that Monday morning very early. Maybe l was the first they heard from after the game that day as l left early & sent the mail while traveling. But me being a faithful Tiger supporter for over 45 years l again go to the football thinking they will change. Nope it was worse than the Melbourne game against Essendon. l left early again & wont be returning to watch that type of football ever again. My hard earned is going to my local football club & not another cent to fund AFL coffers. l am done wasting thousands yearly going to the football in the city. l can turn on the pay tv if l want to watch football but if Richmond play football like that l will switch it off. No more stressing myself. You get that Gavin  ;D

So what did they say in the reply TM

Rampstar

« Reply #1047 on: June 03, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
RFC_Official

Call Gavin now  ;D

Lucky Gav  ;D

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1048 on: June 03, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »

So what did they say in the reply TM

The normal poo that we have a right to be upset & that all feedback will go to the football department.
l was not giving them feedback. l was telling them they ain't getting 1 more cent from my family & that l don't care that l'm a long time member cause l'm cutting them off. Nothing will change our mind on not renewing. They can make the finals & win the premiership. Its not the club that has really peeed me off. Its the way the players chip the ball around. They are tanking out on that field. l'm a punter & lay out some big $ & if they cost me big $ than they can get stuffed. Ugly football is not worth watching for any supporter & its surely bringing the game into disrepute. There is more people talking about Richmond than the Ben Cousins drug saga.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1049 on: June 05, 2014, 08:42:08 AM »
Hey RFCO,

Will the club look at buying facebook likes like the other Melbourne clubs?? Hawks were behind us last year and have somehow managed to get over 200k in a few short months. A quick look at their, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton fb pages shows that they have fake likes with fake people from Asia and India who live overseas and apparently follow these clubs. These fake likes have been purchased by the clubs (which you can do).

Carlton had only 8-10k more than us too last year and have magically gone up to 200k in a few months and then they publish these rubbish figures in the age. I'm not happy about it at all. Can we take it up with the Afl?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH