Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399679 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Official - We're on board!
« Reply #1050 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
The irony of the club shoving gambling advertising down the supporters throats is that on field the players are true wowsers.

When the heat is on they do not gamble at all. Too pee weak to take a risk.
No run, no dare, no heart, no flair.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1051 on: June 05, 2014, 10:15:05 AM »
Hey RFCO,

Will the club look at buying facebook likes like the other Melbourne clubs?? Hawks were behind us last year and have somehow managed to get over 200k in a few short months. A quick look at their, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton fb pages shows that they have fake likes with fake people from Asia and India who live overseas and apparently follow these clubs. These fake likes have been purchased by the clubs (which you can do).

Carlton had only 8-10k more than us too last year and have magically gone up to 200k in a few months and then they publish these rubbish figures in the age. I'm not happy about it at all. Can we take it up with the Afl?

Anyone can buy FB likes, but I don't think other clubs have bought them in phishy scammy way you're describing. We have done FB advertising in the past, we've set up ads that target people in Australia that like other pages such as: Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, AFL, etc but we haven't done that recently. We were ahead of Hawthorn until they won the premiership, it's as simple as that. Winning is the best form of marketing.

Since we all got verified ticks the average of new 'likes' per day is on the increase.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:36:50 AM by RFC_Official »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1052 on: June 05, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
Hey RFCO,

Will the club look at buying facebook likes like the other Melbourne clubs?? Hawks were behind us last year and have somehow managed to get over 200k in a few short months. A quick look at their, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton fb pages shows that they have fake likes with fake people from Asia and India who live overseas and apparently follow these clubs. These fake likes have been purchased by the clubs (which you can do).

Carlton had only 8-10k more than us too last year and have magically gone up to 200k in a few months and then they publish these rubbish figures in the age. I'm not happy about it at all. Can we take it up with the Afl?

Anyone can buy FB likes, but I don't think other clubs have bought them in phishy scammy way you're describing. We have done FB advertising in the past, we've set up ads that target people in Australia that like other pages such as: Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, AFL, etc but we haven't done that recently. We were ahead of Hawthorn until they won the premiership, it's as simple as that. Winning is the best form of marketing.

Since we all got verified ticks the average of new 'likes' per day is on the increase.
might want to have a geez at the people who apparently 'like' them. People with 0 friends and only the 1 like on their page
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1053 on: June 05, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »
Hey RFCO,

might want to have a geez at the people who apparently 'like' them. People with 0 friends and only the 1 like on their page

AFL and Facebook both did audits on them recently but I'll give it a look.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1054 on: June 05, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
Hey RFCO,

tell me how Carlton can get 50k likes in 3 months and tigers stay on 140k

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1055 on: June 05, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
Hey RFCO,

They have been ahead of us since 2012, and I don't think they've added 50,000 in 3 months, that's NBA type numbers. Happy to be proven wrong.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1056 on: June 05, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »
Hey RFCO,

They have been ahead of us since 2012, and I don't think they've added 50,000 in 3 months, that's NBA type numbers. Happy to be proven wrong.
they were on 150k towards the end of last year

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1057 on: June 05, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
I'm sure Stig's time would be better spent compiling an online questionnaire for prospective coaches or something similar rather than dealing with this petty, irrelevant, troll poo.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #1058 on: June 05, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »
Hey Stig,

Can you pass this post on to the powers that be, POTY for mine...

al, if you feel this is inappropriate tell me and I'll delete immediately.

maybe we should have recruited paul chapman as cotch doesnt seem to have taken on board that he needs to be harder on his under performing team mates
compare this new age back rubbing to what chapman came out and said about geelong in 2007

"I think at the moment we have probably got some passengers and you can't afford to carry them," he said.

"You need 22 blokes who are going to live your values and just die for your team.

"If you think about it, it is our little war. I know it's not war but a game of footy, but you just need everyone to contribute.

"You can't have blokes picking and choosing, deciding when they want to go and when they don't want to go."

Chapman, one of the Cats' best in yesterday's debacle against the Kangaroos, admitted he was frustrated and angry with what was happening at Skilled Stadium.

"It does make you angry because sometimes it feels as though you go out and do everything you can and then there are some blokes there who aren't doing everything they possibly can," he said.

"You just need a committed 22 players working as hard as they can for the team and then we will win more games than not.

"I reckon we are a good side but not a great team. We have got heaps of talent, probably right up there in the league, I reckon.

"But just playing as a team, coming to play week in, week out is probably the hardest thing we have got to get our heads around, and not pick and choose, just do it."

Like his coach had earlier, Chapman pointed at 18-year-old Joel Selwood, who was playing just his fourth game yesterday, as an example of how players wearing the blue-and-white hoops should perform.

"Joel Selwood was great, he came here to play," he said.

"He was inspiring today, the way that he went at the footy."

On the culture of underachieving and settling for second best which has been a constant slur on the club, Chapman said: "It is not just this year, it is not just last year, it has been around for a while.

"It is something we are going to have to change as a side. You just can't be happy playing and getting your money and having a good lifestyle or whatever it is.

"You have got to go out there and do everything you can to win. You have got blokes like Darren Milburn, who has been here for 13 or 14 years, who hasn't won one (premiership) and you hear him say the culture is still the same.

"That is not the way we want it to be, you want it to change and do everything you can to win."

Everything he said (except for the actual names of players) applies exactly to our situation.

Don't back them in, tell them to pull the finger out or stuff off

Sick of the club paying lipservice to the fans by saying "the right things" in the public domain ad nauseum. Be honest and get stuffing serious

Rampstar

« Reply #1059 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
Most of this stuff is bulldust anyway. In the end, membership numbers, revenue and premierships is what its all about.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1060 on: June 06, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
Most of this stuff is bulldust anyway. In the end, membership numbers, revenue and premierships is what its all about.
and crowds

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1061 on: June 06, 2014, 09:21:04 AM »
And twitter

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1062 on: June 06, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
So youre not upset by the performance

Of course I am but I am strongly against the club pushing it's gambling sponsorship onto supporters.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1063 on: June 07, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »

Rampstar

« Reply #1064 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:50 AM »
Another fantastic presentation for Anthony Miles with Big Rex doing the honors. Whatever people say about Rexy the truth is he is a real Richmond man and it came through once again in his talk during the presentation of the jumper. This footage and all the rest will be great to watch in the years to come. A great archive for the club and the young bloke, playing his first game for us was terrific.