Author Topic: Shane Edwards - 2011 expectations?  (Read 15424 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Shane Edwards - 2011 expectations?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 01:56:34 AM »
Average more than 20 possessions a game.
Continuous improvement in foot skill and decision making.
I feel one who has excelled under the tutelage of Hardwick.
Can remember lucidly a game at Geelong in Round 2 2009 and his psychological fear of the contest
and being so easily pushed aside. Seems so long ago.
Also can be freakish also. A little bit of confidence will establish this kid even further and allow him to utilize
his skills to get the best out of himself. Could be an integral part of the side in a Marcus Ashcroft Shaun Hart mould.

the claw

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 11:56:40 PM »
Interrupted pre season due to shoulder probs might hamper his start a little..
However I have high expectations of Eddie for this year and the improvement in his stats in 2010 would back that up.
Reckon he is about to explode. :)
hmm we are not far apart normally but imo i reckon we have seen close to his best already.

will have serious competition for a spot on the wing.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 12:33:24 AM »
Needs to back up last year with 22 rounds of the same!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
Physically his body is at AFL standard now. Reckon he only touched on what hes capable of in 2010. Hopefully the shoulder surgery hasnt set him back bc hes a whipping boy of a lot of fans and needs to back up his 2010 season

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »
hmm we are not far apart normally but imo i reckon we have seen close to his best already.

We'll see claw.
My sense is there's a fair amount of improvement still to come.
Eddie's a star on the rise IMO and will sneak under the radar of many a team in '11..

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »
Should play every game.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 04:05:22 PM »
Needs to eliminate turnovers if he wants to play the wide HB distribution role.

the claw

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »
Needs to eliminate turnovers if he wants to play the wide HB distribution role.
there is no way in the word he should be playing across hb.
with the arrival of grigg houli and conca his place in the 22 was up for grabs and thats before his deplorable performance on saturday night.
without even thinking about it newman, deledio, conca, dea, batchelor, orielly, and farmer are all far better options in the backline.
imo he has one spot and he has fierce competion for it on a wing.in fact hes behind conca grigg morton newman houli for that wing, and on a par with nason.
this blokes skills and size mean he will always be a battler. hes had one just passable season and in typical richmond fashion the supporters laud him.
he needs to perform at the very least the same level as he did last yr to warrant keeping him.
as stated earlier in the thread i have my doubts about that happenening. i have a suspicion that we have seen the best of edwards already.

gerkin greg

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »
Edwards on a par with Nason  :lol
One poo game in the pre-season and in typical richmond fashion the supporters hang him

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »
You lose a bit of creditability the minute you take the opportunity to slag off other supporters claw. The meaning of you post gets lost. Say what you have to say and let others decide what conclusions to draw from it, and who is and isn't stupid.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »
Should be playing Defensive Forward role in my opinoin.

Is elusive, has ok pace, not a bad shot for goal and has a reasonable defensive side to his game for defensive pressure.

Would be a better pick than Nahas and King isn't long term.

Couldn't kick over a jam tin Saturday Night.

Gets tackled to easily and looks to have tunnel vision. Put up near the sticks he could do some damage and if he gets pinged its not going to cost us a goal on the turn over.
Go Tigers!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
A bit more compusure when he has the ball and will play close to all games in 2011.

the claw

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
One poo game in the pre-season and in typical richmond fashion the supporters hang him
whats it got to do with a nab cup game. i have always questioned him as a player.
like i said some like you see his just passable yr last yr and laud him.

hmm nason v edwards. both need to run they rely heavily on their engines.so both are need a midfield role. both are  smalls and both are very light framed. neither is terribly quick neither get enough of the ball neither have a physical presence.
nasons skills are passable and edwards are not. this is offset by the fact edwards finds a bit more of the ball.both are in competition with at least 5 others for a wing spot all of whom you would play before both of them.

my contention is edwards played above himself last yr and he will revert to type. we will see how wrong i am now wont we.

gerkin greg

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
whats it got to do with a nab cup game. i have always questioned him as a player.

hmm nason v edwards. both need to run they rely heavily on their engines.so both are need a midfield role. both are  smalls and both are very light framed. neither is terribly quick neither get enough of the ball neither have a physical presence.
nasons skills are passable and edwards are not. this is offset by the fact edwards finds a bit more of the ball.both are in competition with at least 5 others for a wing spot all of whom you would play before both of them.

my contention is edwards played above himself last yr and he will revert to type. we will see how wrong i am now wont we.

"some like you" what, like Dimma? :lol
"just passable year"  :lol

dont try and peg me with groupthink opinions pal, i'll be the first in line to say edwards needs to back it up and my opinions of him aren't based on last year

my contention is it was a long long time ago if ever someone saw the best of claw and if there is a 'type' that reverts to shitheel habits, you're it. we will see how wrong i am now wont we.

the claw

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »

"some like you" what, like Dimma? :lol
"just passable year"  :lol

dont try and peg me with groupthink opinions pal, i'll be the first in line to say edwards needs to back it up and my opinions of him aren't based on last year

my contention is it was a long long time ago if ever someone saw the best of claw and if there is a 'type' that reverts to pooheel habits, you're it. we will see how wrong i am now wont we.
just remember sonny there are no prizes for second.
so just what are your opinions on edwards all we have got from you so far are aspersions and silly smiley faces. surely you have something of substance to debate about your boy edwards.