Author Topic: Shane Edwards - 2011 expectations?  (Read 15428 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Shane Edwards - 2011 expectations?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
 :sleep

Delist Edwards. Clearly can't play. No room at Tigerland for dudes who finish 6th in the best and fairest.

Edwards out and never back in  :gotigers

:police:

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 09:31:19 PM »
Edwards on a par with Nason  :lol
One poo game in the pre-season and in typical richmond fashion the supporters hang him
whats it got to do with a nab cup game. i have always questioned him as a player.
like i said some like you see his just passable yr last yr and laud him.

hmm nason v edwards. both need to run they rely heavily on their engines.so both are need a midfield role. both are  smalls and both are very light framed. neither is terribly quick neither get enough of the ball neither have a physical presence.
nasons skills are passable and edwards are not. this is offset by the fact edwards finds a bit more of the ball.both are in competition with at least 5 others for a wing spot all of whom you would play before both of them.

my contention is edwards played above himself last yr and he will revert to type. we will see how wrong i am now wont we.

"some like you" what, like Dimma? :lol
"just passable year"  :lol

dont try and peg me with groupthink opinions pal, i'll be the first in line to say edwards needs to back it up and my opinions of him aren't based on last year

my contention is it was a long long time ago if ever someone saw the best of claw and if there is a 'type' that reverts to pooheel habits, you're it. we will see how wrong i am now wont we.
just remember sonny there are no prizes for second.
so just what are your opinions on edwards all we have got from you so far are aspersions and silly smiley faces. surely you have something of substance to debate about your boy edwards.

ease up claw, gerkin/davey/whoever is only a kid (I'd say a pimply faced year 9 student)

The multple identities do get a bit boring though.

:rollin

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »
Hey mate, give you a tip. Knobs like you should stick to eying off your students ( :shh) instead of starting arguments you never finish.  

How many sites have you been banned from? Rosy stuffed you off and your trolling when you tried to go back was pathetic. effing amateur. Even Ned got rid of you  :lol

MCMLOLZ  ;D :rollin

"Show me where moron  :banghead"

:santa

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
Hey mate, give you a tip. Knobs like you should stick to eying off your students ( :shh) instead of starting arguments you never finish.  

How many sites have you been banned from? Rosy stuffed you off and your trolling when you tried to go back was pathetic. effing amateur. Even Ned got rid of you  :lol

MCMLOLZ  ;D :rollin

"Show me where moron  :banghead"

:santa

:sleep

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
 :lol

Another boring post  :sleep

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »
And I'll give you all a tip ....  :banghead :banghead

ENOUGH WITH THE PETTY INSULTS AND STICK TO THE BLOODY TOPIC
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 02:07:29 AM »
No doubt made some poor mistakes the other night. I'll still back him in. 8)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 06:49:54 AM »
Agree can't afford to go backwards. Needs to improve his disposal efficiency. If he improves disposal efficiency will be become a very good player.

gerkin greg

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
just remember sonny there are no prizes for second.
so just what are your opinions on edwards all we have got from you so far are aspersions and silly smiley faces. surely you have something of substance to debate about your boy edwards.

Who said he's my boy?
My opinion on him? Has shown in patches since his very first year he is capable of playing at the level, in a variety of positions, and he solidified that opinion with a very consistent 2010 that saw him finish top 10 in the b&f and play all 22 games. As I have said numerous times, he needs to back that up again this year to be considered a player. He has an elite sidestep, great hands, good vision and doesn't fumble. He rushes his kicks too often or tries to be cute and his short kicking is inconsistent as a result. He is more accurate when he kicks long, a result of getting balanced before kicking and a clearer intent. I see a good B grade midfielder in him, it's up to him if he pushes on or drops back to a C grader and out the door. His progression and work ethic have me backing him in, and NAB 1 did nothing to change my opinion of him.

gerkin greg

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
ease up claw, gerkin/davey/whoever is only a kid (I'd say a pimply faced year 9 student)

The multple identities do get a bit boring though.

:rollin

LMFAO

red

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »

Who said he's my boy?
My opinion on him? Has shown in patches since his very first year he is capable of playing at the level, in a variety of positions, and he solidified that opinion with a very consistent 2010 that saw him finish top 10 in the b&f and play all 22 games. As I have said numerous times, he needs to back that up again this year to be considered a player. He has an elite sidestep, great hands, good vision and doesn't fumble. He rushes his kicks too often or tries to be cute and his short kicking is inconsistent as a result. He is more accurate when he kicks long, a result of getting balanced before kicking and a clearer intent. I see a good B grade midfielder in him, it's up to him if he pushes on or drops back to a C grader and out the door. His progression and work ethic have me backing him in, and NAB 1 did nothing to change my opinion of him.
couldn't have said it better myself, fickle pickle.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »

Who said he's my boy?

Agree with most of this GG.  Wasn't excited by his NAB Cup game but it's the first hit out for the year and skills are usually a dog's breakfast at this time anyway so it's too early to be passing any worthwhile judgment.

gerkin greg

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
couldn't have said it better myself, fickle pickle.

because you're my alias  :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
Enough of this spud.

Honestly he is a nothing footballer, a skinny Flanker from the Wallett era. His skills are woeful and that effort in the goal square where Blair brushed him aside was disgusting. How a bloke 160 cms push a player like that is beyond me.

I hope Dimma sees what i have seen for the last 3 years and that is Edwards is a VFL player at best.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »
Yeah look IMHO, enough is enough with Edwards, enough with the calls to persist with him, his disposals will get better etc... etc...

Nothing is going to get better with Edwards IMO, nothing really has since he has been with us. His disposals are turnovers and he doesnt know how to use his lighter framed body, he thinks he is 10 foot tall...

Back to Coburg for mine, at least for 2-3 weeks, if after that he doesn't improve then goodbye at the end of the year and spend this year playing somone like Hicks.

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"